LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Chances are he wasnt arrested, more then likely he was detained for being a drunk smartass and nothing more.
True, but let's face it, nothing in Aldon's history warrants us giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Lol, yeah I'm sure when someone says bomb they don't take it lightly, especially considering one of their own has recently been killed on duty....

How fn stupid do you have to be to do that? F Aldon Smith, if this moron can't get his ish right while just going thru all the other BS it's time to cut him loose.

Tsa has also been known to torment people including pro athletes and they getting there panties in a twist when some one responds back.

I don't care what they said or did, you just shut your fn mouth and get thru the airport WITHOUT saying the word bomb or any other word even close to that, get in you car and act like a jack stick where no one can see.

Furthermore, if this complete idiot was in fact drunk , he can go ahead and start packing his crap now, he needs to be cut, no matter who might sign him. It's clear he has no self control let alone drive to be a great NFL player.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
If its true, he has to go. Enough is enough, is it going to take a player to kill someone before we cut him?

I'd still be opposed to cutting him. Let him play out this year, then decide if we franchise him or let him walk in 2015. We should be VERY hesitant to give him a long-term extension at this point.

Start loading up on pass rushers and proactively look for a replacement. If Aldon becomes a model citizen and we sign him long-term, that's great. But we cannot put all of our faith in him and be stuck in a situation where we don't have a replacement.

This. We shouldn't cut him yet (really can't afford to do that now) but we should definitely be shoring up more pass rushers and be looking for a replacement for the future if he can't clean up his act. This is getting ridiculous.

I actually thought he was coming around man.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Apr 13, 2014 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Alex Lovers = Kap doesn't provide enough leadership

Roman haters = failure to utilize screen passes put extra demands on the defense which translated to mental anguish

Lol.... Just keep watching it will turn into something like that.
He seems pretty calm

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/13/aldon-smith-49ers-chris-culliver-arrested-at-lax/
also if this is true, we're definitely cursed
Witnesses: Aldon Smith arrested at LAX

Police at Los Angeles International Airport say they took a 25-year-old San Jose man into custody today after he became belligerent after going through security and said something about having a bomb. Witnesses, some of whom have video of the incident, said the suspect is 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith. Smith is 24 and turns 25 in September.

LAX authorities said the suspect is in the process of being booked and that his identity won't be released until that is complete. A statement from the airport police reads:

"At approximately 1400 hrs, a 25-year-old male resident of San Jose, California, was going through Terminal 1 screening and was randomly selected for a secondary screening. The suspect then became belligerent and uncooperative with the process and with the TSA agent, making a comment indicating that he was in possession of a bomb before proceeding towards the gate area. Los Angeles Airport Police made contact with him at the gate and he was positively identified as the person in question. Once again the male subject became uncooperative and he was detained and taken into custody by Airport Police and is currently being transported to LAPD for booking."

According to a witness, the incident began at the Southwest Airlines ticket counter at which point Smith was told he would not be allowed on the plane. After going through security, the witness said Smith was in line at McDonald's when he was approached by security personnel. He became belligerent, said something about a bomb and was taken into custody.

Smith has been arrested twice since 2012 for DUI and also is facing weapons charges relating to a sprawling house party that got out of control in 2012. Smith was stabbed at that party. In addition, he was involved in a rollover car crash near his home in San Jose in 2012.

Following his most recent DUI arrest in September, in which Smith was found passed out in a truck that came to a stop in a residential front yard, Smith checked himself into a rehabilitation program and missed six weeks of the season.

Asked last month how Smith was progressing, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said the progress was good and that he was encouraged by how Smith handles himself after returning from rehabilitation.

"Thought he did a good job in all of those regards, as a player, as a teammate, decisions he was making," Harbaugh said. "Very encouraged."

-- Matt Barrows

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/04/witnesses-aldon-smith-arrested-at-lax.html#storylink=cpy
He said something about having a bomb. Harbaugh needs to start laying down the law and fast. this off season has been one mess after another.
[ Edited by 16to87 on Apr 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM ]
Some people just don't deserve success. I'm start to think Aldon is one of those people. He's all natural talent and has never had to earn anything a day in his life. I'm a fan for the good stuff. If this is who Aldon is, we're better without him.

I expect the team is going to actively look for a young player to develop because doesn't have a certain future.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dylan DeSimone ‏@DeSimone80

VIDEO: Aldon Smith -- 49ers Superstar Arrested at LAX ... http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_r9m318zr … via @TMZ

Unbelievable!!!!!
The 49ers are a mess. Seriously.
Originally posted by 16to87:
He said something about having a bomb

Only an idiot would say that in an airport.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I am hearing from an unidentified source from within Southwest Airlines that the incident went down like this…

He apparently has lost his ID. That makes air traffic difficult. So because he was getting the third degree from everyone there…He used the an unacceptable 4 letter word.

The four-letter word is reportedly BOMB. It's not known if Smith actually yelled those words himself. According to the source, he was supposed to be traveling with former 49ers safety Ronnie Lott.

http://sportsnaut.com/2014/04/reports-aldon-smith-arrested-lax/#.U0sTj83Vcvg.twitter
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
The 49ers are a mess. Seriously.

i blame Roman
Share 49ersWebzone