There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith Thread **UPDATE - 9 GAME SUSPENSION

sign him and kap to extensions ASAP
Originally posted by susweel:
sign him and kap to extensions ASAP

to think we got these 2 within the first 40 picks of a draft when other teams are already moving on from gabbert, ponder and maybe even locker. hell i wouldnt take the 1st pick cam instead of kaep. talk about effective double dipping.
Any word if Goodell will suspend Aldon next year? What ever happened to his court case?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Any word if Goodell will suspend Aldon next year? What ever happened to his court case?

Haven't heard anything. Maybe Roger the Infallible let's Aldon go.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Any word if Goodell will suspend Aldon next year? What ever happened to his court case?

Haven't heard anything. Maybe Roger the Infallible let's Aldon go.

i think he said something like he'd take the way the team handled the situation into consideration....... reading in between the lines it sounds like as long as he stays out of trouble (which we can't guarantee) he'll shouldn't miss time.



if he goes to jail for illegal gun possession..... different story....... i'm no legal expert on the situation though.
Is this guy still staying out of trouble? Usually the first week the season ends is the most dangerous time for Aldon. It's when he likes to go on his 48 hour bender and drive his car off the road and shoot guns in the air. It's been kind of quite. Maybe the rehab worked. LOL. Good for him it if did.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Is this guy still staying out of trouble? Usually the first week the season ends is the most dangerous time for Aldon. It's when he likes to go on his 48 hour bender and drive his car off the road and shoot guns in the air. It's been kind of quite. Maybe the rehab worked. LOL. Good for him it if did.

I live in ND so we can shoot our guns in the air with no problems!!! It's great!!! I thought everywhere u could!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,304
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Is this guy still staying out of trouble? Usually the first week the season ends is the most dangerous time for Aldon. It's when he likes to go on his 48 hour bender and drive his car off the road and shoot guns in the air. It's been kind of quite. Maybe the rehab worked. LOL. Good for him it if did.

I know, its time for daily searches of Youtube for videos of shenanigans in the SC hills and Google News for police press reports.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 13,149
He'll be okay.
aldon smith on cnbc right now with a few other players talking about stocks and s**t lol
His agent should have him under house arrest atm until they sort out a new deal. Then the Niners can lock him in a dungeon and load him up on rum until September. Hope we open with Seattle.
Originally posted by susweel:
sign him and kap to extensions ASAP

They're probably going to exercise their fifth-year option with Smith and wait until at least half way or three fourths of the way through next season before they try to do a long-term contract with him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,055
Originally posted by susweel:
sign him and kap to extensions ASAP

I would be a little cautious on extending Aldon Smith, because of, and only because of, his off-the-field problems.

Aldon still has felony gun charges pending.

I am not clear as to the degree that the issues that lad to his stint in rehab have been resolved.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,304
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by susweel:
sign him and kap to extensions ASAP

They're probably going to exercise their fifth-year option with Smith and wait until at least half way or three fourths of the way through next season before they try to do a long-term contract with him.

This. That damn 5th year option is the transition tag basically, so he'll get $9M for 1 year....That is a pretty good base for a long term extension.

Including the $9m for his 5th year it could read on paper as a 5 year deal with $50 mill with another 2-5 mill paid to him immediately making his initial pay day look fairly damn big. Ultimately make it contain maybe $16-18million in guaranteed money, including that initial $11-14M chunk he'd get in 2015......

I'm no salary guru though....That is AB's department.....Quick someone send up the 9erCapHell spotlight!
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by susweel:
sign him and kap to extensions ASAP

to think we got these 2 within the first 40 picks of a draft when other teams are already moving on from gabbert, ponder and maybe even locker. hell i wouldnt take the 1st pick cam instead of kaep. talk about effective double dipping.

Yes the two most important positions: passer and pass rusher according to Bill Walsh