LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by xela510:
I saw him drop back into coverage maybe once against Seattle. Now he did line up against the slot a few times but often moved back to the Dline to rush the passer before the play started.

I personally never want to see Aldon in coverage, I dont trust him at all.

i trust him in the flat he's athletic enough, and honestly its the next step for him
however he can take that next step in the offseason while touring with the lombardi trophy and try it out next year
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
he didn't go to the line he had a zone area to protect. he stayed out and the linemen came to him, it was a run anyway but he wasn't near the line of scrimmage the entire play

I think thats the only time in the game he actually dropped back.
Originally posted by xela510:
I think thats the only time in the game he actually dropped back.

so far that's the only 1 i see
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
He's also getting held like a mofo by every linemen going up against him!
Originally posted by Buchy:

Yea NFL is showing him they can make or break stars. Better be a good boy Aldon.
Originally posted by Buchy:

they have no choice. but i think the last 2 weeks had more to do with the qb's

clemons usually gets the ball out very fast.

and RW is just so mobile aldon beats his man he just runs across the field or steps up.

i don't see too many playoff qb's who will be able to get away from him other than RW and that won't even be consistent.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
He hasn't been getting the sacks the last 2 weeks, but he's still getting lots of hits and hurries, which are nearly as good.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
He hasn't been getting the sacks the last 2 weeks, but he's still getting lots of hits and hurries, which are nearly as good.

just him being there frees up justin to create havoc plus the other guys on the line from ray to dorsey have been more than solid in my opinion
For being out of football for 5 weeks, he looks pretty dam good from the cheap seats.
This guy still has 8.5 sacks. Crazy lol. Just tells you how good he is.

Originally posted by Byisgod:

42 sacks in 41 games
they have no choice. but i think the last 2 weeks had more to do with the qb's

clemons usually gets the ball out very fast.

and RW is just so mobile aldon beats his man he just runs across the field or steps up.

i don't see too many playoff qb's who will be able to get away from him other than RW and that won't even be consistent.

Cams got pretty good pocket mobility too. Aldon seems so much faster off the line now... Lemon looked good, but noticeable let down from Aldon.. I think we need to resign him soon.
Originally posted by Byisgod:

42 sacks in 41 games

And hes only 23. If he keeps his current pace, he will break Bruce Smith's record of 200.0 career sacks by age 34...
Aldon gonna tear it up against the Falcons. He loves those Monday Night games in candlestick. My prediction, 3.5 sacks, 5 hurries and 1 hit. 6 tackles.
Aldon does play pretty good in prime time games other than Seattle. Hopefully another big outing.
Share 49ersWebzone