LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
it is just another step in the process. we do not know to what extent his issues were in rehab. we do not know what his post rehab program,, if any, is all about. as i said, he has to complete a successful rehab first, deal with the court issues, deal with the nfl,, and then he comes back. as long as it takes

he can play while the court proceedings get underway.

This, Also unless its PED violations or other failed drug tests, NFL suspensions usually come the following year. Aldon will play again this year, its probably just a matter of him getting back in shape at this point. I think he comes back vs the Saints

he'll be back against the panthers. book it.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Bu bu bu we don't know when he started drinking. Even though he's 22 or 23, he could already be a full blown alcoholic. You can't talk like he has just made bad choices and likes to drink and he goes over the top and screws up. You have to believe he has a real problem and 30 days inpatient isn't enough for him to pull through his addiction.

Yeah give me a f**king break. I knew I was right and you all questioning me were grasping at an arguement.

They wouldn't have released him to outpatient services if he NEEDED inpatient program.

I love being right you negative nancies

Yep cuz im sure you have the inside facts to what Aldons supposed to do upon leaving rehab when it comes to treatment. You might want to slow down your self crowning just a bit until you ay least know the facts and circumstances to his release.
Life priorities first, football second -- Am I the only one that's proud of how the 49ers are handling this?

No need for the NFL to micromanage, just be a man/men and take this thing head on.

I don't know, maybe I just wear rose-colored goggles.
it is just another step in the process. we do not know to what extent his issues were in rehab. we do not know what his post rehab program,, if any, is all about. as i said, he has to complete a successful rehab first, deal with the court issues, deal with the nfl,, and then he comes back. as long as it takes

This, Also unless its PED violations or other failed drug tests, NFL suspensions usually come the following year. Aldon will play again this year, its probably just a matter of him getting back in shape at this point. I think he comes back vs the Saints

Going 30 days without herb or beer with def help his conditioning.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Life priorities first, football second -- Am I the only one that's proud of how the 49ers are handling this?

No need for the NFL to micromanage, just be a man/men and take this thing head on.

I don't know. Ann Killion doesn't like the way the 49ers handled it.
He just wanted a Pepsi. Just ONE Pepsi...

he'll be back against the panthers. book it.

THIS...
Originally posted by real9erfan:

Ann Killion is an idiot
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Ann Killion is an idiot

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Going 30 days without herb or beer with def help his conditioning.

We don't know that for sure. Maybe Aldon is a "drunken" master? Maybe he needs the stuff?

Whatever he was doing before seemed to be working.

Agree. Don't want him back on the field until he & the team are ready for him to be. Good luck Aldon, hopefully we get to see you soon.

Ann Killion is an idiot

lol

Ann Killion is an idiot

She really is an idiot. I have to change the channel everytime she shows up on Yahoo Sports Talk.
No one really knows the extent of his problem. He may be an immature young man who simply likes to party and has made bad decisions. Or, he may truly have a disease. If the former, then the hope is that he has truly learned from his mistakes, has and will continue to mature, and makes the choice to avoid alcohol. If the latter, then he will struggle his entire life with an addiction.

The root of Aldon's problems makes a huge difference in both how he and the 49ers proceed and what the consequences are for his previous mistakes. I am less concerned about the NFL punishment than the legal case. He has basically not played for 5 games. I doubt Goodell will tack more on if he is convinced that Aldon has addressed the root of his problem and has no further behavior issues. I also doubt the D.A. is going to show leniency to Aldon just because Aldon has sought treatment, since the weapons charge is really unrelated to the substance abuse.
The 49ers messed up the first weekend after Aldon was arrested for the 2nd DUI. Letting him practice and play against the Colts like normal was not a good move from a PR perspective. How they have handled things from that point on have been better.

The Sheriff's Department star treatment of Aldon when he was picked up the last time was a debacle, but not anything to do with the Niners' front office.

It will be interesting to see where this goes on the weapons charges. Three felony counts is nothing to sneeze at, so it depends on the D.A.'s office. I certainly hope that Aldon took his rehab seriously and gets his life back on track first before he returns to the field.
Share 49ersWebzone