There are 130 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
It is always possible that he does a continued rehab program afterward that allows him to practice and play, but also to be around those who are seeking the same serenity and sobriety.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
So is Aldon Smith going to play some frickin football this year or what? Don't get me wrong I am all for getting the guy the treatment he needs but this crap could end up costing us a Lombardi trophy. Get your crap together Aldon.

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
So after the bye we could be looking at the return of MM and Aldon and then Crabs a few weeks later.
Wasn't there a media rumor last week that the 49ers were preparing for not have Aldon back at all this season?

I don't mean to start a rumor. I thought I read that someplace.

I don't think you'll ever see him back in a 49er uniform again.

But that's just my own personal feeling -- not any sort of media report.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
So after the bye we could be looking at the return of MM and Aldon and then Crabs a few weeks later.
Wasn't there a media rumor last week that the 49ers were preparing for not have Aldon back at all this season?

lol.

in billibirds mind

aldon smith is no better than sandy barbour
Originally posted by boast:

???

Ok, NOW I am afraid of Aldon Smith.

But seriously, Tank looks ripped. There is no way he is under 280lbs. Probably more like 285 - 290. He is just as tall as Aldon, and he makes Aldon look skinny.
We, the passionate "faithful" on good days "empire" on our best days, do not know when Aldon will be back. Psssssttttt....that's becuase neither do the niners.......that's because neither does Aldon.

It's always a bit strange to me when reading these boards and I come across a notion that seems to "inform" certain posts. It's a manifest destiny? A preordained future? Not sure of the correct terminology, but what I'm attempting to describe is an ominscient characteristic that is ascribed to a head coach or GM.

No one knows when he'll be back, including him. Yet it's up to him. If he comes back ready next week, then you tell him to lift for a week, activate him for practice over the bye and put him in uniform as early as Carolina.

If he gets lit 24 hours out of rehab and gets f**ked up within 72 hours, then you put him on IR for the year. If he comes out all marshmallow, vegan, respectful for the rule of law, human rights and peace loving with a deeper appreciation for his own sexuality and inner child, then you put him on IR for the year.

If, more likely, he comes bout between the two, then you play it by ear, and comes back at some point this year. This is most likely scenario, becuase if it's any of the above they he's more likely to have a career similar to Tim Tebow than Lawrence Taylor.

This is tough, arguably unprecedent waters (name the last all pro that went to re-hab mid season). If it's succuessful, it will serve as a precedent many emulate. If not, then we can go back to the weird barbaric inhuman and unattainable standards we all hold our althletes to (cause no one casting stones Aldons way has ever driven a car less than 100% clean and sober).

So, I root for him and root for the niners and root for humanity to get off this dude's nut sack. His blessing is truly his curse. That's got to suck.

All this to say, the same s**t I said at the beginning, we all don't know when / if / to what extent Aldon will be back, because he don't know.

Go niners. Make those deliverance loving Titans respect the shield. Peace.
how many of you think the niners will not play Smith this season? i think that may be silly if its true.. i mean cmon man! deal with this in the offseason.. this cat gotta play once he is done with rehab!
I hope he doesnt come back til next yr .. this is real life stuff N aldon is alot more then juz a football player...it really sickens mean seein alot on here talkin sh*t N dumpin him ...he should take as much time as needed with no rush back no pressure...
Im gon go ahead and say that Aldon comes back after bye week.

Originally posted by Robert:
We, the passionate "faithful" on good days "empire" on our best days, do not know when Aldon will be back. Psssssttttt....that's becuase neither do the niners.......that's because neither does Aldon.

It's always a bit strange to me when reading these boards and I come across a notion that seems to "inform" certain posts. It's a manifest destiny? A preordained future? Not sure of the correct terminology, but what I'm attempting to describe is an ominscient characteristic that is ascribed to a head coach or GM.

No one knows when he'll be back, including him. Yet it's up to him. If he comes back ready next week, then you tell him to lift for a week, activate him for practice over the bye and put him in uniform as early as Carolina.

If he gets lit 24 hours out of rehab and gets f**ked up within 72 hours, then you put him on IR for the year. If he comes out all marshmallow, vegan, respectful for the rule of law, human rights and peace loving with a deeper appreciation for his own sexuality and inner child, then you put him on IR for the year.

If, more likely, he comes bout between the two, then you play it by ear, and comes back at some point this year. This is most likely scenario, becuase if it's any of the above they he's more likely to have a career similar to Tim Tebow than Lawrence Taylor.

This is tough, arguably unprecedent waters (name the last all pro that went to re-hab mid season). If it's succuessful, it will serve as a precedent many emulate. If not, then we can go back to the weird barbaric inhuman and unattainable standards we all hold our althletes to (cause no one casting stones Aldons way has ever driven a car less than 100% clean and sober).

So, I root for him and root for the niners and root for humanity to get off this dude's nut sack. His blessing is truly his curse. That's got to suck.

All this to say, the same s**t I said at the beginning, we all don't know when / if / to what extent Aldon will be back, because he don't know.

Go niners. Make those deliverance loving Titans respect the shield. Peace.

This was a really good post.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Ok, NOW I am afraid of Aldon Smith.

But seriously, Tank looks ripped. There is no way he is under 280lbs. Probably more like 285 - 290. He is just as tall as Aldon, and he makes Aldon look skinny.

he's actually 900lbs. true story. with the strength of a bulldozer. At a college party once, he ate the entire cake. Stripper inside the cake and all.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

in billibirds mind

aldon smith is no better than sandy barbour

And the hippocracy is just oozing out from his ears.
Originally posted by WINiner:
This was a really good post.

Thanks, bro.
Originally posted by kazak13:
how many of you think the niners will not play Smith this season? i think that may be silly if its true.. i mean cmon man! deal with this in the offseason.. this cat gotta play once he is done with rehab!

I said this a few weeks ago. Rehab is not punishment. If the FO wants to try to handle this internally they need to set a precedent. Once he's "back" they can "punish" him via suspension. Before anybody brings up Lynch, I don't care about or what the Hags do...I hope we hold a higher moral standing. Its better to make sure he's actually ok and then suspend him (and see if he does something else dumb) before actually bringing him back. Sometimes a kick in the ass is what's needed to get through to people.
Share 49ersWebzone