There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith Thread **UPDATE - 9 GAME SUSPENSION

Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
The lawsuit claims Smith and Walker fired shots at people at the party and that they knew the handguns were illegally possessed. It goes on to claim the person was shot twice and suffered permanent damage.

I guess the question should be whether or not that person can claim they were shot and whether or not they can claim it was from guns used by Smith and Walker.

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I don't have the time to search/find any articles about this, so could someone tell me if this is something I should worry about/ is he going to be suspended at all?

please

Little chance, no criminal charges were ever filled because there was no evidence that showed wrong doing. In fact most accounts were that Aldon had a party, it got out of hand and he tried to stop what was happening. Now there is a guy who is claiming negligence a year later in a obvious cash grab. The one real outstanding issue is that he had in the house some firearms that were legal in the state he bought them, but had to be modified (likely they were ARs that needed to be made semi-auto) in order to comply with Cali law. Betting it will be a fine and probation, but shouldn't hurt his career or result in suspension. It is dumb not to check on local laws when moving, but but not malicious, as long is he is respectful and contrite the law should work with him.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I don't have the time to search/find any articles about this, so could someone tell me if this is something I should worry about/ is he going to be suspended at all?

please

Little chance, no criminal charges were ever filled because there was no evidence that showed wrong doing. In fact most accounts were that Aldon had a party, it got out of hand and he tried to stop what was happening. Now there is a guy who is claiming negligence a year later in a obvious cash grab. The one real outstanding issue is that he had in the house some firearms that were legal in the state he bought them, but had to be modified (likely they were ARs that needed to be made semi-auto) in order to comply with Cali law. Betting it will be a fine and probation, but shouldn't hurt his career or result in suspension. It is dumb not to check on local laws when moving, but but not malicious, as long is he is respectful and contrite the law should work with him.

Awesome, thanks man. It's a relief that it's not too serious... I got a bad feeling in my stomach thinking he'd be suspended for the Packers and Seahawk games

please

this.......
Originally posted by defenderDX:

please

this.......

Don't worry about it. Even if they press charges, he can delay any conviction until at least the off season.
With Parys and Cam gone I really really really hope nothing happens now
Aldon is learning the hard way that when you become wealthy, everyone will want a piece of you and every and any mistake you make eventually is about your money. Someone needs to take young Aldon under his wing and educate him quick.
No matter what Aldon did or didn't do, one thing for sure he didn't do. He didn't walk into a NY niteclub with a pistol in his pants and then proceed to shoot himself in the crotch...and then did 2 yrs time for it. Now THAT was stooooopid. That's not Aldon.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Aldon is learning the hard way that when you become wealthy, everyone will want a piece of you and every and any mistake you make eventually is about your money. Someone needs to take young Aldon under his wing and educate him quick.

Maybe it will slow him down a little. Because his first 2 years at least were all mistakes. Just horrible decisions. Off the field that is.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
No matter what Aldon did or didn't do, one thing for sure he didn't do. He didn't walk into a NY niteclub with a pistol in his pants and then proceed to shoot himself in the crotch...and then did 2 yrs time for it. Now THAT was stooooopid. That's not Aldon.

Agreed pasodoc, but he's unfortunately learning also that all public actions regardless if it has nothing to do with the team, affects the team because it's his primary association. These guys coming into the league just don't get how public their lives really are - especially in the information age.
this guy's story sounds completely bogus.
I heard aldon puts jungle juice in his hair
Funny how this guy suing Aldon and Delanie has ZERO interest in going after the people who actually shot him. Just go after the guys with the largest bank accounts and claim they're responsible.

I don't buy his story at all. Remember, Aldon was stabbed at this party. If he really was armed and shooting his gun in the air, I find it highly implausible anyone would approach him and stab him.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Agreed pasodoc, but he's unfortunately learning also that all public actions regardless if it has nothing to do with the team, affects the team because it's his primary association. These guys coming into the league just don't get how public their lives really are - especially in the information age.

They should know this, any person not living under a rock hears about this kind of stuff all the time. Any major college athlete know what repercussions are.
and the plot thickens.....

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN5m
49ers Aldon Smith named in second lawsuit this week stemming from June 2012 house party via @nbcbayarea. http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/smith-named-second-lawsuit-over-2012-house-party ;…