There are 175 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
This morning Colin cowturd was reporting this allegation as if it was a fact and the reason the media wasn't all over it is because "everyone loves the NFL". It's easy to see how our friends up north can be so misinformed with D-bags like this on the airwaves.

That's ridiculous. These are allegations in a CIVIL lawsuit. Aldon was never charged with anything, so the police obviously didn't find that he did anything wrong. The story doesn't even make sense, but we all know who attorneys always go after in a lawsuit. They go after the deep pockets; in this case the professional football players, and not some thug off the streets who actually shot the plaintiff. Otherwise there would be no money in the suit. I'm not outright dismissing the allegations in the lawsuit because I don't have all the facts, but to report such allegations as if they were actual criminal charges is irresponsible.

He was comparing the allegation against A Smith to a player who got caught smoking pot in the NBA and went on to say that because the media loves the NFL that that was the reason why the A Smith lawsuit wasn't getting attention. I enjoy listening and debating people whose opinions differ from mine, but its obvious if I ever met this guy and we started talking sports that I would probably have to restrain myself from kicking the teeth out of his weasel face.
This is old crap, reheated and served up as a new dish, because someone wants money. Both Aldon and Delanie would have been thrown in jail had any of this been true -- and it would have taken place LAST YEAR. Because that's when this party took place.

Now -- I will admit that Aldon showed some pretty BAD judgement after his rookie season. He should have been working out and staying out of trouble. Instead, he partied. He did some stupid things. It got him into trouble. And, he learned his lesson. Hear anything about Aldon this past offseason?

No, I didn't think so. Plus, I read more than one reporter's work and they confirm that Aldon has "grown up" quite a bit.

This is nothing more than a money grab -- a desperate money grab at that.
It must be the thug life that Kaepernick is promoting in the locker room with his tattoos.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This is old crap, reheated and served up as a new dish, because someone wants money. Both Aldon and Delanie would have been thrown in jail had any of this been true -- and it would have taken place LAST YEAR. Because that's when this party took place.

Now -- I will admit that Aldon showed some pretty BAD judgement after his rookie season. He should have been working out and staying out of trouble. Instead, he partied. He did some stupid things. It got him into trouble. And, he learned his lesson. Hear anything about Aldon this past offseason?

No, I didn't think so. Plus, I read more than one reporter's work and they confirm that Aldon has "grown up" quite a bit.

This is nothing more than a money grab -- a desperate money grab at that.

And if some truth does come from the civil suit and Aldon has to pay a little I highly doubt this comes back to a suspension as Aldon has kept clean since then. He has shown that he has grown up. I would find it very hard for Goodell to try and suspend him if he has shown that he learned from the mistakes of a year ago.
trade a couple of olb's and this magically surfaces, pretty funny but also annoying
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
afterparty

Can we shop Aaron Hernandez's face on that dude? lol
Since this happened during his crazy party period not that worried about it. If this happened recently I would be a little nervous
If any of this were true the headline would of been Smith stabbed and there were shootings at his party. Like thats not something the media would just dismiss.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Can we shop Aaron Hernandez's face on that dude? lol

Get these 3 sacks on Rodgers and then this won't be talked about as much. They will be wondering if he can really reach 30 sacks
afterparty

lol
Originally posted by real9erfan:
This morning Colin cowturd was reporting this allegation as if it was a fact and the reason the media wasn't all over it is because "everyone loves the NFL". It's easy to see how our friends up north can be so misinformed with D-bags like this on the airwaves.

That's ridiculous. These are allegations in a CIVIL lawsuit. Aldon was never charged with anything, so the police obviously didn't find that he did anything wrong. The story doesn't even make sense, but we all know who attorneys always go after in a lawsuit. They go after the deep pockets; in this case the professional football players, and not some thug off the streets who actually shot the plaintiff. Otherwise there would be no money in the suit. I'm not outright dismissing the allegations in the lawsuit because I don't have all the facts, but to report such allegations as if they were actual criminal charges is irresponsible.

He was comparing the allegation against A Smith to a player who got caught smoking pot in the NBA and went on to say that because the media loves the NFL that that was the reason why the A Smith lawsuit wasn't getting attention. I enjoy listening and debating people whose opinions differ from mine, but its obvious if I ever met this guy and we started talking sports that I would probably have to restrain myself from kicking the teeth out of his weasel face.

Yeah I know Colin Cowherd is quite the arrogant radio sports show host. I personally prefer listening to Dan Patrick. But there's a difference between someone actually getting caught doing something illegal, and another being named in some allegations in a civil lawsuit. I didn't see the media ignore Von Miller's drug use, or any of arrests of NFL players this offseason. In fact, there were several articles written addressing the issue of the increased amount of arrests among NFL players. But this is not really a story, because Aldon hasn't been charged with anything; he is simply named in a lawsuit.
Cowherd's a Seahawks fan...
Complete BS, somebody's lookin for a pay day.
Share 49ersWebzone