LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by elguapo:
I agree. Besides Watt, he is the best pass rusher in the league. He is great rushing the passer and against the run. Other good pass rushers aren't as good against the run such as Von miller or Quinn on the rams

uhmmm... you may wanna check with those guys in Miami... that new FA pick up and that #91 guy... Wake and some guy name SuH..
Before last year you might want to check which player averages the most sacks per game in NFL history....yes, Aldon Smith. More than Reggie White, Bruce Smith, LT....

If you don't think him being suspended to start the year, and him literally having to pay the Niners to play didn't effect his play, then there's no hope for you....

but that's the point, if a guy isn't playing due to some dumb suspension, then how can he be consider great, from yesterday's job well done???

also, I'm aware of Aldon's great stats in his first 3 or 4 years, but that alone AINT getting him to the HOF... it's not how you start in this league, it's how u finish...

so I say stop this crap about "if i'm on top of my game, no one can stop me BS"... lets just GO!!!! show us your A-game for the whole season..

It's time to be great and let other call you UNSTOPPABLE FORCE!!!

So your arguing he isnt a great player when on the field because he has missed time because he has been suspended? Yeah he is an idiot for missing time but that has no barring on how truly devastating he is as a player. Many people have said similar things abiut Aldo, in terms of how good he is.

He isnt saying he is going to be in the HOF, he said simply when he is on his game he is unstoppable, which he has shown to be true, so dont twist the quote to fit your silly argument. He cant "just GO" its the offseason and he was in an interview answering questions. I like confidence in a player, when you believe something 9/10 you'll make it true or atleast close to it. I do agree its about how you finish, but guess what? His career isnt done yet.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I was simply stating a fact to EL GUAPO, that AS GREAT AS ALDON'S STATS ARE IN THIS FIRST 3 TO 4 YEARS, THAT ALONE WILL NOT GET HIM TO THE HOF"...

because Mr. Guapo here indicated that Aldon's stats are better than the guys he mentioned.. which happened to be in the HOF... and I also never said that Aldon said he was going to the HOF, so why do you add this stuff to fit my "silly argument" ... ???

are you just being Silly as well??

now, let me ask you this... if Aldon finishes the season healthy and registers 8 to 10 sacks, will you consider that a great year for him??
Best player on the team and my favorite!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
he is the cornerstone of the defense so you do your best to keep him in my opinion unless he really blows goats this year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Constantine:
I hope A. Smith is ready for this season... Im saying he will take 14 sacks this year

i would love to agree with you but yesterday you said losing miss lloyd was a huge loss for us,,, so i will not jump on the constantine bandwagon just yet
Originally posted by cciowa:
he is the cornerstone of the defense so you do your best to keep him in my opinion unless he really blows goats this year

Yeah. I think he balls out this year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Enjoy it while he's here prolly his last year.
Originally posted by susweel:

I'll be done with Baalke if he lets Aldon walk.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

If he balls out this year and has 15+ sacks he will be too expensive for Jed, if he sucks this year they gonna say he cant do it without Justin and not gonna be re-signed.
I was simply stating a fact to EL GUAPO, that AS GREAT AS ALDON'S STATS ARE IN THIS FIRST 3 TO 4 YEARS, THAT ALONE WILL NOT GET HIM TO THE HOF"...

because Mr. Guapo here indicated that Aldon's stats are better than the guys he mentioned.. which happened to be in the HOF... and I also never said that Aldon said he was going to the HOF, so why do you add this stuff to fit my "silly argument" ... ???

now, let me ask you this... if Aldon finishes the season healthy and registers 8 to 10 sacks, will you consider that a great year for him??

10 sacks I think i a good year. We dont know how Mangini will utilize his outside linebackers and we dont know if he will regain form I will give you that( I for the record think he will). But what Ive seen from Aldon is a dominant elite player, so Im expecting something greater because when he has played full seasons he has been one of the elites in the league. So I dont think, if healthy he will register only 8 to 10. I see him having 13 and above, because.

If he balls out this year and has 15+ sacks he will be too expensive for Jed, if he sucks this year they gonna say he cant do it without Justin and not gonna be re-signed.

Jed who is within 2% of his salary cap every year, right.

Not sure if serious but just in case, we can retain Aldon at this point at just about any cost (not joking either). Based on the last renegotiation, it sounds like our FO and he and his agent are in pretty tight and work well together and probably already have the deal done in principle (just speculation) and it's all going to come down to Aldon proving himself on and OFF the field. If so? He's a lock to be resigned IMHO. With our QB locked up and only he and Boone left to resign (as priorities) and $43M to play with 'before' the annual cap increase, we're in perfect shape to lock everyone up and then some in FA next year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:

Not sure if serious but just in case, we can retain Aldon at this point at just about any cost (not joking either). Based on the last renegotiation, it sounds like our FO and he and his agent are in pretty tight and work well together and probably already have the deal done in principle (just speculation) and it's all going to come down to Aldon proving himself on and OFF the field. If so? He's a lock to be resigned IMHO. With our QB locked up and only he and Boone left to resign (as priorities) and $43M to play with 'before' the annual cap increase, we're in perfect shape to lock everyone up and then some in FA next year.

We shall see but top pass rusher money aint no joke plus they already drafting replacements. Also I haven't seen our front office let any player they wanted to keep enter free agency.

I'm the one that said he had best "sack per game" average before last year, and he did. And would it be so crazy to think that of he stays healthy, and doesn't get suspended again, that he has very good chance of making to the HOF?

If Aldon only has 8-10 sacks then, for him, it would be a some what of a disappointing season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

well if he is healthy and has a bad year,, then i think you really have to discuss it at least?
Share 49ersWebzone