There are 301 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Why didn't he suspend Jim Irsay for his DUI?!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I don't see how a suspension truly hurts an owner. He doesn't do anything towards writing checks and he will continue to do this anyway. So what he can't come to games. He will just see them via satellite stream in Dubai. Only thing he can really do to Irsay is to fine him
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
True, but there is one factor that you haven't considered in this case. Aldon Smith is a Niner and Goodell, hates the Niners.

Is this really true, or it just something to say?

What has Roger Goodell done against the 49ers?

The NFL helped build the new stadium.

Just talking out of the side of my neck. I said it mainly because of the way the Super bowl was referred and the whole tampering thing with Lance Briggs and how the Jets got away with tamping with Crabs. I'm not really being that serious though.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Just talking out of the side of my neck. I said it mainly because of the way the Super bowl was referred and the whole tampering thing with Lance Briggs and how the Jets got away with tamping with Crabs. I'm not really being that serious though.

OK. I thought that I may have missed something; I frequently do.

• buck
  • Veteran

OK. I thought that I may have missed something; I frequently do.

But the suggestion he made about the Raiders sharing the stadium with the 49ers does qualify as a major insult.

Why should we share anything with them. They have made their own bed. It a mess, no point in asking them to muck up our bed.

[ Edited by buck on Aug 11, 2014 at 9:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I say sign this guy no matter what. We need to do it before he puts up 30 sacks this season. He is the most crucial signing going forward.

I have to agree, Aldon Smith is one the 9ers, Baalke, Harbaugh and the Yorks can not let slip away.

I could not stomach him wearing another jersey sacking kap..
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Baalke couldn't either after he spent a 7th overall on the kid
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I say sign this guy no matter what. We need to do it before he puts up 30 sacks this season. He is the most crucial signing going forward.

I have to agree, Aldon Smith is one the 9ers, Baalke, Harbaugh and the Yorks can not let slip away.

He will not be wearing another jersey and he will not be sacking Kaepernick.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
He will be in Niners uniform when he eats the hobbit for a snack!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Smith, 24, entering his fourth season, could be primed for a career year after he's averaged the most sacks per game (0.98) in NFL history since they became an official statistic in 1982.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/08/11/aldon-smith-dominating-with-suspension-looming/

Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Brian has made a very strong argument. There is no rebuttal to this. He clearly illustrated the non violent nature of Aldons offenses and this is neglecting the fact that Aldon has already missed time treating his alcohol dependence issue. There are drama queens throughout the media and elsewhere that would have Goodell suspend Aldon half a season or more but it ain't happening

Actually, Tank Johnson's history is pretty similar to Aldon's. Yes, Johnson was charged for resisting arrest but the charges were dropped. How does verbal abuse of an officer = violence, but the verbal threat of a bomb at an airport not equal violence? Otherwise, the vast majority of Johnson's legal troubles surrounded possession of illegal firearms, similar to Aldon.

The most significant difference between the two cases is that Johnson's legal troubles did not coincide, which added the whammy of parole violations onto the subsequent problems, whereas all of Aldon's troubles happened before sentencing on the first issue came about.

Aldon Smith is going to be suspended for a significant amount of time. Whether that's 4, 6, 8, or more games, is pure speculation.

"How does verbal abuse of an officer = violence?"
-- "while still on probation, was charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest after allegedly verbally threatening a police officer."

How does ignoring 3/4th of a sentence equal a question?
How does a bomb threat at an airport equal Aldon being released into the airport terminal by those same officials who claimed a bomb threat?

"Otherwise, the vast majority of Johnson's legal troubles surrounded possession of illegal firearms, similar to Aldon."
-- So besides for the probation, aggravated assault, resisting arrest, and verbally abusing a police officer, Aldon's case is just like Tank Williams?

You know what? Besides for serial killing, tattooing a swastika on my forehead, and imagining Helter Skelter, I am just like Charles Manson.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
We all know that Aldon is a nice guy

We do?

He should have clarified.

"Those who don't have panties bunched up into their A-crack, know he is a nice guy."
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Because he's a part of the "gentleman's club."

You don't suspend gentleman. Or send them to war. Or put them in real prisons. What kind of animal are you?
LOL!
Smith, 24, entering his fourth season, could be primed for a career year after he's averaged the most sacks per game (0.98) in NFL history since they became an official statistic in 1982.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/08/11/aldon-smith-dominating-with-suspension-looming/

He's unblockable at this point.

Come on Goodell you b***h ass the suspense is killing me. Make a "ruling" on this s**t NAO!
Share 49ersWebzone