There are 150 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Anyone think goodell will NOT suspend him with this outcome or is it such a crapshoot with goodell?
[ Edited by jeepzilla on Jul 19, 2014 at 9:01 AM ]
Thk U Yeezus!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
No felonies, we'll take it.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Anyone think goodell will NOT suspend him with this outcome or is it isn't such a crap shoot with goodell?
I've suspected two games all along but now I don't know if he misses more than 1
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by crabman82:
tracey kaplan ‏@tkaplanreport 40s
Judge reduces felonies re guns to misdemeanors.

Okay, Celery Man just almost made me spit out my coffee and fall out of my desk chair. Thanks.

Now the question is how many games will he miss. You're up, Goodell.

I'm thinking 3-4 game suspension
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Jul 18, 2014 at 2:54 PM ]
brought his girl nessa with him for luck
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I wonder what the sentence would have been for someone with a public defender?

The DUI's would be 30 days in jail with half time. So, 15 days in jail or 15 days work alternative program. I'm not sure what exact conviction he received for the weapons charges. Prosecution was trying to bring in gang enhancements (crazy). Obviously that didn't fly with the judge. Average Joe would be in more trouble with the weapons charges. Probably a couple months in jail. if they had a record, or e previous felony they'd do years of course since felons cant own firearms but most sentencing takes people criminal record into account. If the guns were legally owned (other than being automatic) and the person had no record I think probation.
1-3 game suspension at most would be my guess (if any at all - Roger may not suspend him at all for personally serving time last year on his own). As long as Roger has an out, like this one, and the behavior is corrected, Aldon should be good to go...no suspension.
Originally posted by NCommand:
1-3 game suspension at most would be my guess (if any at all - Roger may not suspend him at all for personally serving time last year on his own). As long as Roger has an out, like this one, and the behavior is corrected, Aldon should be good to go...no suspension.

That would be so awesome, would love to have him Week 1

Has Lynch missed a game after his last DUI and that was after a felony?

roger hasnt even done anything to marshawn yet who has pending charges since god knows when

whats the point of trying to get the legal process over if your just going to get suspended.
  • Phil
  • Veteran

Hopefully the rehab goes a long way. We dont see other NFL players doing that, if no suspension is handed out it will be a message to players- that if you get help for your problem you are in good standing with the league. I think NFL players would be better off in rehab rather than just being handed down suspensions.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Has Lynch missed a game after his last DUI and that was after a felony?

He better get a suspension. But, who knows they might keep pushing it back for another two years and he's out of the league #cheathawksway
if aldon got some heavy time florio would already have a post about it. since he got off lightly theres no post yet
Share 49ersWebzone