LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• buck
  • Veteran
I still think that Aldon Smith will and should be punished by both the league and the legal system.

Even though he is charged with three felonies, I believe that the DUI is actually more serious.

I will be pissed if he gets anything more than minimum sentence from the courts.

I think that the number of incidents requiring the police presence that Aldon has been involved in indicates that he should receive a suspension from the league.

But, given that the incidents were relatively minor, I do not think that his suspension should exceed three games.

If Aldon somehow avoid a league suspension, I will be surprised, but I will not be angry.

If the league does not believe he needs to be punished, or in other words if the leagues disagrees with my contention that he should receive a short suspension, I will accept that with no problem.

But, I do think the league will suspend him.

Originally posted by buck:
I still think that Aldon Smith will and should be punished by both the league and the legal system.

Even though he is charged with three felonies, I believe that the DUI is actually more serious.

I will be pissed if he gets anything more than minimum sentence from the courts.

I think that the number of incidents requiring the police presence that Aldon has been involved in indicates that he should receive a suspension from the league.

But, given that the incidents were relatively minor, I do not think that his suspension should exceed three games.

If Aldon somehow avoid a league suspension, I will be surprised, but I will not be angry.

If the league does not believe he needs to be punished, or in other words if the leagues disagrees with my contention that he should receive a short suspension, I will accept that with no problem.

• buck
  • Veteran
13 more days

Look at britts police incidents look at smiths..With your opinion ...britt should have been banned from the nfl
  • buck
  • Veteran
12 more days

• buck
  • Veteran
sentence hearing in 11 more days
Given the circumstances, does anyone feel Aldon will get off on the gun chargers? That the judge will see his actions as a desperate attempt to get order to a party that spun out of control. From this report, Walker was the one who fired the shots but Aldon came back into the garage with a gun but never fired a shot (and subsequently, got stabbed WITH the gun in hand - from what it sounds like). This shows he had no intent on firing it, just using it to gain order AFTER shots had already been fired by others. Either way, he is one lucky SOB (that he didn't get shot in his garage/stabbed to death). Wow.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_26149148/san-jose-man-gets-3-years-parole-stabbing
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Given the circumstances, does anyone feel Aldon will get off on the gun chargers? That the judge will see his actions as a desperate attempt to get order to a party that spun out of control. From this report, Walker was the one who fired the shots but Aldon came back into the garage with a gun but never fired a shot (and subsequently, got stabbed WITH the gun in hand - from what it sounds like). This shows he had no intent on firing it, just using it to gain order AFTER shots had already been fired by others. Either way, he is one lucky SOB (that he didn't get shot in his garage/stabbed to death). Wow.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_26149148/san-jose-man-gets-3-years-parole-stabbing

The charges against him have nothing to do with firing guns that day. So no. Don't think the judge will take into consideration what happened at the party.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

The charges against him have nothing to do with firing guns that day. So no. Don't think the judge will take into consideration what happened at the party.

He doesn't have possession of illegal (CA) gun charges against him?

• buck
  • Veteran
10 more days

I don't think he'll get off, but I doubt he sees any time behind bars. Far as suspension by the league, I'm guessing 2-4 games in light of him taking voluntary leave last season. Really it should be no game but you know Goodell loves to make a statement (or at least give the appearance).
  • buck
  • Veteran
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A San Jose man convicted of stabbing 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith has been sentenced to three years of parole.

The San Jose Mercury News reports (http://bit.ly/1nCOKX0 ) that under a plea agreement with prosecutors, 28-year-old Steven Barba was allowed to use his time in county jail as credit against a three-year sentence in state prison.

Barba was convicted last month of stabbing Smith in the leg twice. Smith was not seriously injured.

Judge Hector Ramon on Monday imposed two concurrent three-year sentences of parole on Barba for assault with a deadly weapon and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The crimes occurred during a 2012 house party at which two people were shot, leading to weapons charges against Smith.

Barba spent more than 560 days in county jail.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/07/15/6556997/man-sentenced-in-stabbing-49ers.html#storylink=cpy

• Giedi
  • Veteran

The NFL is in a lot of states where those guns would be legal doe.
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A San Jose man convicted of stabbing 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith has been sentenced to three years of parole.

The San Jose Mercury News reports (http://bit.ly/1nCOKX0 ) that under a plea agreement with prosecutors, 28-year-old Steven Barba was allowed to use his time in county jail as credit against a three-year sentence in state prison.

Barba was convicted last month of stabbing Smith in the leg twice. Smith was not seriously injured.

Judge Hector Ramon on Monday imposed two concurrent three-year sentences of parole on Barba for assault with a deadly weapon and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The crimes occurred during a 2012 house party at which two people were shot, leading to weapons charges against Smith.

Barba spent more than 560 days in county jail.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/07/15/6556997/man-sentenced-in-stabbing-49ers.html#storylink=cpy

What's the difference between three years parole or three years probation because I read the probation and just assumed of that whoever wrote the article confused parole with probation but I guess it's an actual thing. I know guys get out of prison on parole but I was just a little confused. Oh wait, I guess that's what the purpose of a parole officer is. This guy Barba has to report to a PO at certain intervals I assume. I try not to judge people normally but just reading the description of the dude he really just seems like a complete thug to be honest.
Share 49ersWebzone