There are 120 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

20-30 years ago all of Aldon's transgressions would have been glossed over or we would never have heard about them until he actually injured some one or himself.

People shoulg go back through time and see just how bad manyngreats from many sports were actually worse then Aldon.
How people forget Jerry freaking Rice was caught up in a prostitution sting. We never learned the whole story because people didn't pursue it. If it happened today we would know all :he facts by now and would be tearing him up for just putting himself in that situation Ala Kaep.
[ Edited by kingairta on May 8, 2014 at 6:54 AM ]
So after the 49ers first 5 draft picks, they made a clear statement about what they plan on doing with Aldon Smith down the road.
Originally posted by Niners99:
So after the 49ers first 5 draft picks, they made a clear statement about what they plan on doing with Aldon Smith down the road.

Yup keeping em :) less stevie johnson gonna play olb lol
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by xela510:
NOt the first time we've heard this talk from aldon.

I agree. Nor will it be the last. He is a good guy, and I really admire him.
No proof he is a good guy, what is there to admire? Dude won the genetic lottery, so far that is it.

Evidence Aldon Smith is a good guy:

-- He has engaged the local community and invited them to his home. Who hasn't?
-- He put his health / life at risk to break up a knife fight and save people from getting hurt. Just don't engage with "friends" that are like this to begin with.
-- He has worked with teammates to try and protect the local community from gangs. ok, I'll buy that.
-- He has publicly protested against the TSA, their unlawful searches, and unlawful arrests. neither good or bad.
-- He has trained with the local sheriffs office, improving the skill of law enforcement in the community. that's a stretch.
-- He has brought awareness to California citizens, of the absurd gun laws in California. all a matter of opinion, which can only get bad publicity.
-- He has never driven on major expressways or freeways while making the mistake of being under the influence of alcohol.and you need to get credit for this?
-- His teammates like him and defend him and his character.ok, but this only adds a little credibility.
-- His interviews with team officials have convinced them to commit to him. again, adds just a little credibility.
-- He is sought out by the media because people want to hear what he has to say.ummm,,,same thing with dick sherman.
-- He has been recognized by the NFL as a high achiever.he's a great NFL player. Has nothing to do with being a good guy. So was Charles Haley.
-- He has never been suspended by the NFL.It takes A LOT to be suspended. I never had my license suspended, does that automatically make me a good guy?
-- He decided to seek personal help on his own when it was needed. Best thing he ever did for his reputation.
-- He has never been convicted of a felony or been in prison. so have 99% of the world.
-- He has never hit a woman. really listing out EVERYTHING. So far, Ray Rice is the only one I know who has. While you're at it, why don't you put down "never threw trash on the neighbors lawn.
-- He has never sexually assaulted a woman.Again with the giving of "good guy" credit just for living life like a human.
-- He tweets wise words, and sage wisdom on twitter. Oh by all means, he should be made a saint for this.
-- He's a 49er fan and helps his team win games.So he's for the team that pays him millions? BRILLIANT!
-- He has helped the organization build a new stadium in Santa Clara, by generating excitement for the team with his play on the field.see "Brilliant" comment above.
-- Instead of taunting the opponent after a sack, he has been known to run off the field and sit down with his arms folded on his lap like a gentleman.Did that once.
I am a Aldon Smith supporter, but the comments above are kind of ridiculous.

Obviously, I am spinning every shred of what I know about Aldon to make a case for him, but I am also making the point that Aldon's off-field problems may be great in number, but they are not as egregious as plenty of celebrated Hall-of-Famers, Super Bowl Champions, and other players still in the league.

It's a bit tongue-in-cheek, but Aldon has shown courage in an effort to help others. That is significant.
Also, his DUI's need to be put into perspective. I feel they are about as minor offenses as DUI's get in terms of INTENT. You have to compare it with players who have driven on expressways, freeways, and in crowded locations. Those are far more dangerous and callous offenses. So again, it is significant that Aldon has only been caught in a 25 mph zone in the middle of the night. Dangerous yes, but not when compared with someone driving on a freeway.

His offenses are minor, tabloid stuff, nothing that clearly demonstrates he doesn't give a crap about the safety of others or himself. He has stepped over the line of what is legal, but only with one foot.

Aldons one helluva player! Wouldnt want em on any other team then our red n gold!!
On that note i see what your saying. But in a sence ya are down playing drinking n driving....thank god aldon didnt hurt, kill anyone let alone himself. With out useing d walkers family as an example. We can look at leonard littles drunk offenses! Yea aldon didnt kill no one, luckily he didnt! But driving all f**ked up n hitting trees? He seriously f**ked up n knows it. But what if that tree was a pregnant mother? Yes i know it was a tree! But his instance cant be downplayed....he was lucky!
And leonard lil that dousch killed someone. Yr later dui again wtf

Aldons badass!!! He will do his thing! Hopefully get that sack record...
Goniners
On a side note, he didnt hurt no one. And if stays focused its all up from here.
  • Arson
  • Veteran
next court date may 21st.
@MaioccoCSN: #49ers @AldonSmith: "A lot of these things are being painted in a picture that’s not true.” http://t.co/X6GOUxS8G6

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/exclusive-aldon-smith-eager-truth-emerge
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Hopefully we can handle the truth!
At 21 being responsible for a young kid hard enough and then also to be an NFL Superstar.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Bruce Ellington was the 6th pick.

Dontae Johnson was the 7th pick.

Aaron Lynch was the 8th pick.

I do not see the clear statement made by the 49ers.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Hopefully we can handle the truth!

It's out there, somewhere.
  • buck
  • Veteran
So far no charges have been filed in the LA airport incident.

Is this really that complicated of a case?

The Miami Police still have not decided anything about the suspicious incident.

How long does a toxicology report take?

How long does it take to decide if a crime was committed?

How long can this stuff drag out?
Originally posted by buck:

Its the government. The slowest, laziest most inefficient thing ever.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by buck:

Its the government. The slowest, laziest most inefficient thing ever.

Nah they've got f**king nothing.

They're dragging it out so they can back down when no one's looking.
if irsay doesn't get suspended neither should aldon.

if aldon had been riding around high with a garbage bag full of pills and 29k in cash, he'd be in jail for conspiracy to distribute narcotics.
Share 49ersWebzone