There are 182 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This guy must have no money left after all he spends on lawyers, out of court settlements, parties, drinking, drugs and guns. He's gotta be totally broke from that rookie contract. He has more lives than a cat......
He will get another one. It will be massive!
So this court date on Tuesday, is that going to be the actual trial? Or just more proceedings?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
So this court date on Tuesday, is that going to be the actual trial? Or just more proceedings?

Proceedings.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Proceedings.

So he could pull a Marshawn Lynch and keep delaying?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Proceedings.

Yep
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

It's more like the DA who is the one delaying everything. I think one of the articles I read said it took him a whole year to bring the initial charges. I'm pretty sure, if there is no other evidence out there other than what's public knowledge - these felonies should be pled down to misdemeanors or fines.
Originally posted by Giedi:
It's more like the DA who is the one delaying everything. I think one of the articles I read said it took him a whole year to bring the initial charges. I'm pretty sure, if there is no other evidence out there other than what's public knowledge - these felonies should be pled down to misdemeanors or fines.

If that's true then hopefully the LAX incident gets thrown out, it kind of sounds like they don't have a leg to stand on anyway.
  • Arson
  • Veteran
If that's true then hopefully the LAX incident gets thrown out, it kind of sounds like they don't have a leg to stand on anyway.

There is nothing to be thrown out at this point, they havent even charged him.
Originally posted by Arson:

True, my point is that when the story first broke it was implied that he could be facing a felony with up to a year of jail time. IMO if They have already decided that he might get charged with a misdemeanor that is a pretty good indicator that the case they have against him isn't strong.
  • buck
  • Veteran

True, my point is that when the story first broke it was implied that he could be facing a felony with up to a year of jail time. IMO if They have already decided that he might get charged with a misdemeanor that is a pretty good indicator that the case they have against him isn't strong.

If I remember correctly Aldon put up bail to be released.

I have never heard of a person paying bail when he has not been charged.

Aldon Smith released after posting bail

After being taken into custody at Los Angeles International Airport, Smith was booked at 4:16 p.m. on the felony charge, which is punishable by up to one year in jail. He was released at 7:02 p.m. after posting bail.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/aldon-smith-released-after-posting-bail
[ Edited by buck on Apr 28, 2014 at 9:51 AM ]

• Arson
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

After being taken into custody at Los Angeles International Airport, Smith was booked at 4:16 p.m. on the felony charge, which is punishable by up to one year in jail. He was released at 7:02 p.m. after posting bail.

You havent been arrested enough then, you have to post bail after a arrest to be released, up to 72 hours, with no charges.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

You havent been arrested enough then, you have to post bail after a arrest to be released, up to 72 hours, with no charges.

I have been arrested quite frequently and I have also been detained frequently. You can be held for 72 hours with no charges.

I have never posted bail without charges being filed.

I have released within 72 hours when no charges were filed and I did not post bail.
If Aldons lawyers delay the proceedings, charges are dropped in LAX fiasco does Goodell still suspend Aldon Smith and for how long?
If Aldons lawyers delay the proceedings, charges are dropped in LAX fiasco does Goodell still suspend Aldon Smith and for how long?

He still has to deal with the gun case and the dui case so I'm not sure how this will change Roger's train of thought. Personally I think a lot will come from Roger meeting with Aldon and talking to him. If he feels Aldon is being truthful and sincere I think he'll catch a 4 game suspension If not 6 games.
Originally posted by lamontb:
He still has to deal with the gun case and the dui case so I'm not sure how this will change Roger's train of thought. Personally I think a lot will come from Roger meeting with Aldon and talking to him. If he feels Aldon is being truthful and sincere I think he'll catch a 4 game suspension If not 6 games.

I think both cases have been combined if I'm not mistaken.
Share 49ersWebzone