There are 134 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
yup. It's his house, his party, and his problems. whether or not he invited those guys, it's his responsibility.

It's my paaarty and I'll get stabbed if I want to..

lol I apologize if you have no idea what song I'm referring to.

I know what you are referring to. It's just that it seems to be true in this case.

you would get stabbed tooo............

....wait, knowing that reference is considered for old people now? I need to go party with Aldon.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
The common tone in this discussion is really off-putting. First off, everyone seems to assume that Aldon Smith intentionally allowed guests wielding guns into his home. I highly doubt that. So while he may have made a bad decision by being to trusting, I don't see how anyone could feel anything but sympathy for Aldon Smith at this point. At least let the guy public address the situation before you start calling him dumb or assigning fault to him for his own stabbing. Everyone is just jumping on the opportunity to attack his character and I truly just don't get that at all. He seems like a great guy from everything I have seen and read about him

You're right, he does sound like a genuinely good guy. The problem is he's put himself in multiple compromising situations.

And honestly, I really don't care what he does in his personal life as long as it doesn't interfere with the 49ers! I like Aldon Smith, I'm stoked he's a 49er, and I'm not putting too much into this whole episode. Just come ready to play and lets get #6!

hopefully Rodger Goodell doesn't suspend him for our game against GB.

he's immature. that's all it is at this point............... hopefully he grows up quick.

I remember when i as 21.... and i remember when i got my first real paycheck........ multiply that by a few million dollars.
The common tone in this discussion is really off-putting. First off, everyone seems to assume that Aldon Smith intentionally allowed guests wielding guns into his home. I highly doubt that. So while he may have made a bad decision by being to trusting, I don't see how anyone could feel anything but sympathy for Aldon Smith at this point. At least let the guy public address the situation before you start calling him dumb or assigning fault to him for his own stabbing. Everyone is just jumping on the opportunity to attack his character and I truly just don't get that at all. He seems like a great guy from everything I have seen and read about him

You're right, he does sound like a genuinely good guy. The problem is he's put himself in multiple compromising situations.

And honestly, I really don't care what he does in his personal life as long as it doesn't interfere with the 49ers! I like Aldon Smith, I'm stoked he's a 49er, and I'm not putting too much into this whole episode. Just come ready to play and lets get #6!

he's immature. that's all it is at this point............... hopefully he grows up quick.

I remember when i as 21.... and i remember when i got my first real paycheck........ multiply that by a few million dollars.

Noone has attacked his character or called him a bad guy per say. Just that he is being an immature dumbass that needs to grow up quick.

The fact is the law and most of the world look at things differantly than the people blindly defending him just because he is "young" or just bacuse he offers something to the super bowl run. I personally dont think supensions are in order yet, but the fact is these things happened in his house.

It doesnt matter if he invited the guys with guns and knives or not. He is liable for what happens at his parties. Same way i am liable if something bad happened at my daughters b-day party and someone got hurt. It is no differant. Have a party accept the consequences.

I have a feeling some of you dont own your own homes, or have enough experiance to understand that spending money on the entertainment of drunkin idiots is not a good investment, Financially, or for someone in the spotlight, politically. Especially when those drunken idiots cost you more from their actions that result in lawsuits than they do from initial cost of the party.

It time to grow up is all people are saying. Choosing not to do so from here on out would be a bad decision.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jul 3, 2012 at 3:20 PM ]
The common tone in this discussion is really off-putting. First off, everyone seems to assume that Aldon Smith intentionally allowed guests wielding guns into his home. I highly doubt that. So while he may have made a bad decision by being too trusting, I don't see how anyone could feel anything but sympathy for Aldon Smith at this point. At least let the guy public address the situation before you start calling him dumb or assigning fault to him for his own stabbing. Everyone is just jumping on the opportunity to attack his character and I truly just don't get that at all. He seems like a great guy from everything I have seen and read about him. A grown adult has every right to throw a large party at their own multimillion dollar mansion if that is what they choose to do. This doesn't mean they deserve whatever they get if something tragic happens to happen like it did in this case.

Thank you,well put
Originally posted by supbaby:
I know for a fact that Aldon plays Paintball up there. Obviously paintball guns sound differently than a machine gun lol but there are some pretty powerful paintball guns you can buy, especially with his money. Who knows if those neighbors know the difference. Btw he also has a bunch of ATVs that he rides along with some teammates. Kinda worries me that he could get hurt but meh let him do what he wants.

Also why are people saying he is getting in gun and knife fights lol. When i hear someone say that I take it as you guys are saying Aldon and whoever was actually was invited to the party(the guys who stabbed and shot people were uninvited and started trouble) pulled out knifes and guns of their own and tried to retaliate.

Quit beating around the bush.....are you one of the people in the VV video?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Sorry but the more I hear about this story, the more dumbass it gets. You have got to be crazy if you don't think there' s a potential for things to get out of control if people are bringing guns to a house party.

The people who brought guns were uninvited and crashed it.
How would you know that when the cops dont even have a suspect? Derp.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Please...some of these "could be" excuses are ridiculous. This ranks up there with the banana excuse. These are large properties we are talking about, with well built homes. Paintball guns, even the most powerful and loudest, sound nothing like a real gun, and probally wouldnt even carry to the next door neighbors house let alone all the neighbors.

Oh my bad for saying that the neighbor could be wrong about what they hear. How credible is that neighbor? How do you know they know the difference. There is no factual evidence that he has machine guns up there lol. It's just from the mouth of some neighbor who may or not be credible. Guess I should just take their word and say Aldon is guilty.

Probably people that are leaving in their vehicles throwing shots into the air. It is more common than you think at said house parties. People trying to marginalize this as a young guy that should be allowed to have some fun are just being ridiculous.

and the people who are blowin this incident waay outta proportion?? They are being ridiculous also.

Shots in the air as their leavin??it coulda been alieans for cryin out loud.coulda been a war movie playin on somebodies house or car system.shoulda woulda coulda dude,lulz

All it takes is a simple google search for news to tell you it is not uncommon in the slightest

Lol,google,the ultimate authority on everything factual and credible.ill look those cases up,while im at it ill check out aaall the jfk assasination theories and the Illuminati too.lulz

Point being made dude is overreacting and embellishing is just as rediculous.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jul 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM ]
Please...some of these "could be" excuses are ridiculous. This ranks up there with the banana excuse. These are large properties we are talking about, with well built homes. Paintball guns, even the most powerful and loudest, sound nothing like a real gun, and probally wouldnt even carry to the next door neighbors house let alone all the neighbors.

Oh my bad for saying that the neighbor could be wrong about what they hear. How credible is that neighbor? How do you know they know the difference. There is no factual evidence that he has machine guns up there lol. It's just from the mouth of some neighbor who may or not be credible. Guess I should just take their word and say Aldon is guilty.

Probably people that are leaving in their vehicles throwing shots into the air. It is more common than you think at said house parties. People trying to marginalize this as a young guy that should be allowed to have some fun are just being ridiculous.

and the people who are blowin this incident waay outta proportion?? They are being ridiculous also.

Shots in the air as their leavin??it coulda been alieans for cryin out loud.coulda been a war movie playin on somebodies house or car system.shoulda woulda coulda dude,lulz

All it takes is a simple google search for news to tell you it is not uncommon in the slightest

Lol,google,the ultimate authority on everything factual.ill look those cases up,while im at ill check out aaall the jfk assasination theories and the Illuminati while im at it.lulz

Point being made dude is overreacting and embellishing is just as rediculous.

yea and it could have been bananas and paintballs too. You are aware that a google search will bring up thousands of legit news articles? Stick to piggy backing off Dirty. Your better at that.
i blame rap music.

Goodell can't suspend him. The DUI is more of the offense he could suspend him for but as stated that was his first incident. The house party is not something Goodell has the right to suspend him for. As others have stated, it is not illegal to have a big house party.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
LAST NIGHT!!!??? AGAIN!!!!???
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
LAST NIGHT!!!??? AGAIN!!!!???

Yeah he's been stabbed last night 4 days in a row now!
i blame rap music.

and chubby chicks.
Yeah he's been stabbed last night 4 days in a row now!

He needs to quit getting stabbed last night....

At least get stabbed yesterday afternoon so they have time to fix him up before the next one...
Stick to piggy backing off Dirty. Your better at that.

Share 49ersWebzone