There are 197 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
True, at least he wasn't shot.

He's had a few questionable decisions like many of us have had as young buck. Except the kid is a 22 year old pro athlete with 1st round money...could be an easy way to get sucked in a downward spiral. A situation like this could very well lead him into carrying a gun (hope thats not the case). A veteran mentor could help him, just hope it doesn't end up like the Reggie White and Jerome Brown story.
If you are young and have money it is easier to make stupid decisions. Most of us in here would have been more wild and crazy as youths if we had bags of money, not less. I can hear all you hypocrites talking to your kids, "Son, I never drove too fast, partied, drank and chased loose women when I was your age."
[ Edited by BobS on Jul 1, 2012 at 2:55 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
LOL @ people looking for disciplinary actions. What a joke. He went to a party and tried to break up a fight. The result is obviously terrible, but he didn't do anything wrong.

A year ago my father was shot by his step-son while watching football in his living room. Of course a news article was published online and guess who the uninformed buffoon posters blamed? My father, for "putting himself in a bad situation." In reality, his wife's son was just a lunatic who supposedly blacked out and thought he was shooting somebody else. But, since people weren't told this, they assumed he did something wrong and deserved what happened. Point being, if you weren't there, you don't know what happened. Period.

And if you're seriously gonna b***h about him being at a house party, you're doing nothing more than looking for a reason to b***h. I highly doubt he showed up looking for trouble or trying to be a thug, as one if you people put it. He has the right to do whatever he wants, just like any of you.

He threw a party where he got multiple stab wounds and two people got shot. He has the right to do whatever he wants, but not if he plays for the 49ers. Theres a thing in his conract where he isn't supposed to make the 9ers look bad, which is what he just did. And since this is not his first offense, there may be discipline coming.

As for your father, i'm sorry for that and don't worry about internet a*****es who post stupid comments.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
LOL @ people looking for disciplinary actions. What a joke. He went to a party and tried to break up a fight. The result is obviously terrible, but he didn't do anything wrong.

A year ago my father was shot by his step-son while watching football in his living room. Of course a news article was published online and guess who the uninformed buffoon posters blamed? My father, for "putting himself in a bad situation." In reality, his wife's son was just a lunatic who supposedly blacked out and thought he was shooting somebody else. But, since people weren't told this, they assumed he did something wrong and deserved what happened. Point being, if you weren't there, you don't know what happened. Period.

And if you're seriously gonna b***h about him being at a house party, you're doing nothing more than looking for a reason to b***h. I highly doubt he showed up looking for trouble or trying to be a thug, as one if you people put it. He has the right to do whatever he wants, just like any of you.

Pretty much how I feel about this, there's pictures all over the web of 49ers at bars, house parties, etc. They don't all stay home on friday and saturday nights during the offseason and play madden. I'm really surprised people are so quick to judge his actions on all this, sounds like he was the one trying to break up the stupid s**t people were doing.

Hope your dad is okay bro.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Maybe by the team for some Training camps so it effects his wallet.

But not for any games by the NFL nor the niners.
He is too important.

I'll be f**king PISSED at Aldon if he gets suspended for that Green Bay game. Just so stupid.

Yeah i doubt that happens
He's been looking for a new nicknam.

How bout. "The Shank"
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
He threw a party where he got multiple stab wounds and two people got shot. He has the right to do whatever he wants, but not if he plays for the 49ers. Theres a thing in his conract where he isn't supposed to make the 9ers look bad, which is what he just did. And since this is not his first offense, there may be discipline coming.

As for your father, i'm sorry for that and don't worry about internet a*****es who post stupid comments.
he gets an owi and people say forget it, he made a mistake(if you are rich you should have your own driver and not put yourself in that spot). now he gets stabbed and people say forget it, non story. I think he needs to be held accountable and i got no problem with a one game suspension and yes if its the green bay game, so be it.he did not learn anything from his owi thing and spare me that he was the victim. he knows what he does relfects upon the organization and if he does not than shame on the organization for not making that clear to him. unlike a handshake to a fellow coach, this is something that JH can get get cute with the media on in my opinion. so many people were thinking that moss was going to cause drama and distraction
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Niners should not wait on the league office and suspend Smith for 2-4 games now. Personally i get sick of reading about these pro sports stars that are always getting into trouble. All the money and fame in the world can not make a moron smart.

Nope. What he did was reckless and stupid. No intent or malice here, from what we know so far. Maybe some TC suspensions for conduct detrimental to the team, but NO games.

He is young and rich, it happens. He needs to lean and grow from this, that will be the key to his rehabillitation. He needs to chill with Alex Boone, who went down this road already.

Im jus wonderin how he got into trouble???he broke up a fight and got shanked,wut did he do wrong to get suspended??some mfs are just overemotional,judgemental,higj n mighty lil babies.leakyfauset is a moron for even suggesting it.commit some sort of infraction first before he's suspended at least.smfh
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Niners should not wait on the league office and suspend Smith for 2-4 games now. Personally i get sick of reading about these pro sports stars that are always getting into trouble. All the money and fame in the world can not make a moron smart.

Nope. What he did was reckless and stupid. No intent or malice here, from what we know so far. Maybe some TC suspensions for conduct detrimental to the team, but NO games.

He is young and rich, it happens. He needs to lean and grow from this, that will be the key to his rehabillitation. He needs to chill with Alex Boone, who went down this road already.

Im jus wonderin how he got into trouble???he broke up a fight and got shanked,wut did he do wrong to get suspended??some mfs are just overemotional,judgemental,higj n mighty lil babies.leakyfauset is a moron for even suggesting it.commit some sort of infraction first before he's suspended at least.smfh

I'm waiting on more facts before I decide if I believe he deserves he deserves punishment. But it is clear that he needs to use better judgement about what he's doing and who he is with.

you have the right to disagree but not the right to call someone out.
Originally posted by cciowa:

he gets an owi and people say forget it, he made a mistake(if you are rich you should have your own driver and not put yourself in that spot). now he gets stabbed and people say forget it, non story. I think he needs to be held accountable and i got no problem with a one game suspension and yes if its the green bay game, so be it.he did not learn anything from his owi thing and spare me that he was the victim. he knows what he does relfects upon the organization and if he does not than shame on the organization for not making that clear to him. unlike a handshake to a fellow coach, this is something that JH can get get cute with the media on in my opinion. so many people were thinking that moss was going to cause drama and distraction

Im soooo glad people like you are not in charge of the team.suspend a guy for gettin sliced up?? did he do the slicing??face facts,s**t happens in life.his actions reflect the team,but he didnt do anything wrong.im not sayin forget that it happened,but dude relax.

So when you break up a fight between two people you may know and you get shot or stabbed,you should get a day off w/o pay from your job??dude please get off your high horse.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Niners should not wait on the league office and suspend Smith for 2-4 games now. Personally I get sick of reading about these pro sports stars that are always getting into trouble. All the money and fame in the world can not make a moron smart.

you have the right to disagree but not the right to call someone out.

I have a right to call you what you called aldon,a moron.you dont like labels,dont label someone else.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jul 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM ]
I have a right to call you what you called aldon,a moron.you don like labels,dont label someone else.

Actually, no.. you don't. WZ rules state that you can not directly insult other posters.. but interestingly enough, you can insult a random player on a team.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Wow I can't believe some of you want him suspended without even knowing the facts. All we know he was trying to break up a fight, he was not the one stabbing or shooting. Aldon was the victim here people.

Some of you need to get off your high horse. The dude is a young man with a lot of money and was having fun, yes the choices might questionable to throw such a large party but he did nothing remotely criminal.
From what I've read the party was an after-photo-shoot party cosponsored by Aldon and someone connected with the clothing/photo company. So he wasn't likely in control of events as he would be at his own house. Silly to get all twisted up over events yet to know!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jul 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM ]
It's seems like some ppl on here can actually walk on water.
[ Edited by 49erSooner on Jul 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone