There are 255 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I wonder who got cut to make room for Aldon.

Pretty sure it was Marlon Moore as we haven't activated Manningham yet.

Maiocco says Manningham and Wright will be activated before Tuesday.

Also from Maiocco's twitter:
NFL: The 49ers had to activate Aldon Smith upon his release from treatment as part of the NFI rule that allows him to return this season.

Of course most fans will see him turning himself in on gun chargers and think it's a new incident then go crazy when they see 49ers activated him a day later. Yeah people should learn to get all the facts before they comment. Of course the gun chargers were from the 2012 party and were because he bought guns in Arizona legally and the weren't modified to California's strict laws. As for us activating him the NFL says we had to as soon as he was released from treatment or he couldn't play the rest of the year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 31, 2013 at 6:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Aldon Smith returns to team headquarters. Greeted by Mike Iupati.

Dude, I was thinking the same vibe, we must be kindred spirits or something... but not the gay kind...

LMAO

LMAO

Juicy fruit?
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Dude, I was thinking the same vibe, we must be kindred spirits or something... but not the gay kind...

LMAO

LMAO

Juicy fruit?

Welcome Back All Done Cobrador

Hope your rehab is All Done like the midget will be when we play them

#99, with Lemonier and Brooks, and Dial up some Tank

I hope they keep playing Lemonier a lot too because he showed he deserves to be in the rotation

Oh no, the Chief suffocated McMurphy after his lobotomy
3rd and long setup Aldon Smith next to Justin Smith next to Glenn Dorsey Next to Tank Carradine Next to Corey Lemonier
qb's are going to be looking like this before the snap
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Did he finally get rid of that wig?!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I wonder who got cut to make room for Aldon.

I'm wondering about this also, I'm thinking maybe Dobbs? We cut Cunningham (OLB), Moore (WR) and activated Tank (DL), Aldon (OLB) so do we even need to cut someone right this second? I'm assuming that Manningham and Wright get activated next week and we end up cutting 2 more, Nnamdi to me isn't as certain to get cut as many think (the old, "You can't have too many good CBs" philosophy)

Also, aren't we able to wait another week or so before activating Moody?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
3rd and long setup Aldon Smith next to Justin Smith next to Glenn Dorsey Next to Tank Carradine Next to Corey Lemonier
qb's are going to be looking like this before the snap

LOL... and all through the game!

he might not start for the first half but he will get in the game and very quickly take that starting job back...hope we rotate all though to stay fresh and get lemonier reps
Is anything out there saying whether or not he's going to play against the Panthers? Asking because my fantasy league has defensive players (which I LOVE btw) and Aldon is on my watch list, he murdered it for me the first 3 weeks, would like to grab him for week 10 if he's going to play his normal role.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by saj4423:
Maybe he played hungover and pissed off and now he will be sober and happy and suck.

maybe with his new found purpose he'll focus and take it one snap at a time creating a more dangerous all around linebacker

maybe he'll be more pissed off cause he's not allowed to drink or play with guns... tearing QBs new a-holes
Originally posted by matt49er:
Is anything out there saying whether or not he's going to play against the Panthers? Asking because my fantasy league has defensive players (which I LOVE btw) and Aldon is on my watch list, he murdered it for me the first 3 weeks, would like to grab him for week 10 if he's going to play his normal role.

even if he doesn't i fully expect to win that game, 2 weeks to prepare and at home, no excuse for a loss i say.
[ Edited by SolRebe1 on Oct 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone