LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Tanks practicing so i think he'll be ready to play in a couple weeks. maybe after the bye. i think theyre gonna try to rush in Dial just because of how short we are on the D-Line but we should be at full strength, minus crabs, after the bye
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Tanks practicing so i think he'll be ready to play in a couple weeks. maybe after the bye. i think theyre gonna try to rush in Dial just because of how short we are on the D-Line but we should be at full strength, minus crabs, after the bye

NT is the worst off so Dial is being hyper-prepped.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

NT is the worst off so Dial is being hyper-prepped.

ya thats what im seein too. hes definitely mean enough to play d-line and hes huge so hopefully hes not too fat to be effective. hes a f**kin a*****e lol
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
In hind sight do I wish we had chosen Watt?? SURE. Hindsight is always 20/20 so I'll take that with a grain of salt. At the end of the day Aldon was younger and obviously immature. I think we need to shut him down for the season, give him a chance to clean his life up and restart his career next season.On the bright side this will give us major leverage when/if we look to extend his contract.

i agree with all of your post cept for the choosing of watt . we made a good choice and unless something blows up and he never comes back to us, nothing he has done off the field has made me change my mind that drafting him was the right thing to do at the time

This. Gotta love all of the posts stating who we should've taken.

So after the bye we could be looking at the return of MM and Aldon and then Crabs a few weeks later.

We get Dial this week and then Tank after the bye.

It seems the band is getting back together just in time for the playoff run! Holy f**k the season is almost half done!
So is Aldon Smith going to play some frickin football this year or what? Don't get me wrong I am all for getting the guy the treatment he needs but this crap could end up costing us a Lombardi trophy. Get your crap together Aldon.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
So is Aldon Smith going to play some frickin football this year or what? Don't get me wrong I am all for getting the guy the treatment he needs but this crap could end up costing us a Lombardi trophy. Get your crap together Aldon.

Well this Monday will I think have been 4 weeks since he was admitted to rehab. I think he should be back after the bye. They need to show that he made a real effort to fix his problem, and only going for a couple weeks won't show anything. Right now the schedule is allowing us the luxury of keeping Aldon off the field. He'll come back in time for the tougher part of the schedule and for our playoff run.
Originally posted by goodthings19:

I think he will. Mainly because they are still paying him...As they say, money talks.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
So after the bye we could be looking at the return of MM and Aldon and then Crabs a few weeks later.
Wasn't there a media rumor last week that the 49ers were preparing for not have Aldon back at all this season?

I don't mean to start a rumor. I thought I read that someplace.
Originally posted by dj43:
Wasn't there a media rumor last week that the 49ers were preparing for not have Aldon back at all this season?

I read that as well. But I think it was just was a rumor. I don't see the 49ers paying him millions to simply be in drug/alcohol rehab unless they play on his return.

Not really.

Schefter her something minor and blew it up. ALl he said is that they aren't COUNTING on him coming back this season...IE, if he relapsed or didn't do well in rehab he wouldn't be back. Nothing changed. Most treatment centers are 28 days and this upcoming monday is the 28th day. I think he's back after the bye.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Not really.

Schefter her something minor and blew it up. ALl he said is that they aren't COUNTING on him coming back this season...IE, if he relapsed or didn't do well in rehab he wouldn't be back. Nothing changed. Most treatment centers are 28 days and this upcoming monday is the 28th day. I think he's back after the bye.

That's what i think.
Not really.

I sure hope you're right Marvin! I am not so optimistic. He's in a world of poo right now with the law, the league, AND the 49ers. Even if he's allowed back, I'm sure Harbaugh and Fangio will make him earn his spot back. I'm not talking about whether or not he's game ready. He can roll out of bed and be good enough to take his job back but he's going to have to earn the trust of his team mates as well. I can't imagine most of them are very thrilled with him right now.
  • dj43

Not really.

I think the reality is that no one really knows at this point. The 28 days would be the shortest time I would expect. From all the poo he has stepped in, it is going to take some time and careful maintenance to put him in line with society. From the variety of locations and individuals with whom he has been in trouble, it is pretty clear his issues are not "just keeping bad company." He IS bad company and that is what needs to change. He must realize he has to take responsibility for changing his life style. Until that happens, he is just another incident away from perhaps being lost for a long time.
Love watching Aldon play but if he really has alcohol addiction then he'll have a life long struggle with it. He's young and in the prime of his life but it can all go away quickly if he doesn't get his act right. I've dealt with many young men who've had addiction problems, some made it through the dark times while the others stayed in the darkness. Hopefully Aldon will get it right.
Share 49ersWebzone