LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 174 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
f**k Schefter. He don't know s**t. Aldon will be back soon.

i never counted on him being back this year. him coming back to play football should be the least thing on your mind now in regards to smith. this is not jaywalking we are dealing with when you combine the substance abuse issues and the criminal issues. He probably needs not to play this year, focus on his off the field issues and we will just deal with his loss the best we can. this whole thing is sooo not about football and him getting back on the field.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Why can't Goodell just suspend Aldon Smith right now, allowing him to focus on his rehab? That's some b******t that he's missing games already and is still going to be subjected to a suspension afterward. The NFL should suspend him now if they are planning on doing it. Seems like they want to screw us over and wait until he is done with rehab and then suspend him and hold him out of even more games. I know they want to wait for the legal process to play out and what not, but they already know the type of things he has done. Just suspend him right now without pay and let him do his rehab. Why f**k us over and take him out of even more games when he's already missing games.

They aren't waiting for him to be done with rehab. The league has said they can't suspend him til he goes to court and gets his due process. This is the united states and you are innocent until proven guilty. If he's found not guilty then his suspension would be a lot different than if he is found guilty. Right now he's on a personal hiatus. In other words you need to blame him not he league. Dude has screwed this team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Why can't Goodell just suspend Aldon Smith right now, allowing him to focus on his rehab? That's some b******t that he's missing games already and is still going to be subjected to a suspension afterward. The NFL should suspend him now if they are planning on doing it. Seems like they want to screw us over and wait until he is done with rehab and then suspend him and hold him out of even more games. I know they want to wait for the legal process to play out and what not, but they already know the type of things he has done. Just suspend him right now without pay and let him do his rehab. Why f**k us over and take him out of even more games when he's already missing games.

They aren't waiting for him to be done with rehab. The league has said they can't suspend him til he goes to court and gets his due process. This is the united states and you are innocent until proven guilty. If he's found not guilty then his suspension would be a lot different than if he is found guilty. Right now he's on a personal hiatus. In other words you need to blame him not he league. Dude has screwed this team.
agree,, again some wonder why we get called the whiners. this aldon smith thing is not a nfl conspiracy against us i am sure he did not mean to screw the team and of course he was not thinking clearly with the substance abuse issues,,but with his actions, that is what he did, just gotta hope alls well that ends well for aldon and aldon/49ers
My guess is Goodell wanted to see if he went through the program first. For all Goodell knows Aldon could have went into rehab so Goodell says oh let's not suspend him because he is going into rehab and then he drops out after a few days. I think the punishment will depend on how long he is out and if he goes through successfully with the program. I think he wants to make sure it's legit by the team and by Aldon. Then when he hands out the suspension he will take that into consideration. I'd say it will at least be 1 game. Probably 1-3... guys are doing a lot worse... Miller got 6 for conspiring with a drug tester to try and cheat a test among a bunch of other things... Roethlisberger got 4 for 2? rape attempts... Britt had like 7 arrests and got 1? game cant remember. Aldon so far has 2 dui arrests and crashed his car the 2nd time and then the whole party thing. I'd say 2-3 if you based it off what others got. One thing I will say if Aldon isn't on the plane next Friday to Tenn than he won't be with us in London either since we will fly straight there after the Titans game. Then we have the bye and then the Panthers at home. My guess is the absolute earliest he would join us is week 11 and that would be pushing it. Whenever he gets done with the program he will probably have a 1-3 game suspension....on top of it he has to deal with the legal issues including court appearances. He could end up in jail. Maybe we don't see him the rest of the year and we let him get everything settled and start fresh next year. I think realistically could be week 13-14 at the earliest.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by lamontb:

agree,, again some wonder why we get called the whiners. this aldon smith thing is not a nfl conspiracy against us i am sure he did not mean to screw the team and of course he was not thinking clearly with the substance abuse issues,,but with his actions, that is what he did, just gotta hope alls well that ends well for aldon and aldon/49ers

Well obviously Aldon did us no favors and has been a dumb ass. No one is disputing that. It just sucks that him missing games already doesn't at least count toward a potential future suspension. Essentially he is serving two suspensions, which may end up being a harsher penalty than Leonard Little received after killing someone in a drunk driving incident (8 game suspension). Again, his time in rehab should at least count towards the future possible suspension.
Hope he clean himself up and start new by cutting his jheri curls off.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

seemed to work for vernon.. or did vernon have corn curls, corn rows corn whatever the f**k they are called
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

actually i hope the first thing he does is get himself a new cell phone and do not transfer any of the old numbers who may be bad people and leeches over to the new phone
Indeed
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Warts and all, I want him on this team. It would send a powerful message to those who struggle with substance abuse that Aldon, who came close to losing it all, found a way to get help, and if he truly embraces his illness, and serve as a positive example. The talk of him screwing the team is bitter grapes by fans predicated on Super Bowl redemption. If the team is meant to come together to win it, they will. Aldon is a significant issue, yes. Not the sole problem, not the sole reason we are 3-2, and therefore, his return or not will not be the sole predicating factor in our return to the Super Bowl or not.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:
Warts and all, I want him on this team. It would send a powerful message to those who struggle with substance abuse that Aldon, who came close to losing it all, found a way to get help, and if he truly embraces his illness, and serve as a positive example. The talk of him screwing the team is bitter grapes by fans predicated on Super Bowl redemption. If the team is meant to come together to win it, they will. Aldon is a significant issue, yes. Not the sole problem, not the sole reason we are 3-2, and therefore, his return or not will not be the sole predicating factor in our return to the Super Bowl or not.

maybe screwing the team is a poor choice of words or may be a titch harsh. i guess letting the team down would be more appropriate but the bottom line is that he is getting the help he needs, he has a long road ahead both in terms of staying clean and sober and the legal things. I am glad to see the team stand behind him and i am sure , since everyone deserves a second chance,, he will be welcomed back(whenever that is) with open arms by his team mates and by the fans. I agree he is not the only reason we are 3-2 and people who think that do not know anything about the game and I feel very good about our chances of making a deep playoff run without him. Of course i want him on the team. I also think that if he does not come back this year, it would not be tragic and actually would be the best thing for him in my opinion
alduin is ALL DONE
I think he's going to do a bid for the automatic weapons thing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
alduin is ALL DONE

he may be put on the shelf for this year but will be back next year.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/389400494801551360

QUOTING SCHEFTER: "With Aldon Smith in rehab and facing felony charges of possession of assault weapons, 49ers are not counting on him returning this year."

Sorry was already posted on the last page.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone