There are 245 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm curious to know what's Aldon gonna do with the ricin.
put in in the DA's coffee?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Mayebe he had them shipped by the dealer?

i guess so. I wasn't aware you could just ship assault rifles across state lines

If its a long gun, its legal to mail it to yourself. Handguns must be from a FFL holder to another FFL holder. The USPS doesnt like to publicize this, but I've shipped my long guns to myself before. Ask the Feds, theyll tell you its fine. If its fully automatic, thats a whole new world, those are some confusing ass laws.

Now the problem here is, he lives in California. You have some bizarre gun laws out there. No dealer in his right mind would ship them directly to Aldon, that would be a federal offense. FFL dealers can only ship to FFL dealers. Granted there are a pile of different licenses out there depending on the type of firearm, but there is no way these rifles were shipped to a private residence, I seriously doubt Aldon has any sort of FFL. Someone had to pick them up, then drive them back, thats the only way this could have happened, unless he shipped him to himself, which I would find highly unlikely with the gun laws out there.

He's dumb enough to do it.
Maybe this is how he got them across.

Obviously, this news is not good for Aldon Smith...for him personally. From a 49ers perspective, I think they kind of knew something like this (or more) would be coming along.

He might only return next year, assuming the charges don't end up with serious jail time. Mixed feelings...on one hand he is a talented player, plays for the 49ers...and then all this drunk driving and weapons issues.

Sad.
If its a long gun, its legal to mail it to yourself. Handguns must be from a FFL holder to another FFL holder. The USPS doesnt like to publicize this, but I've shipped my long guns to myself before. Ask the Feds, theyll tell you its fine. If its fully automatic, thats a whole new world, those are some confusing ass laws.

Now the problem here is, he lives in California. You have some bizarre gun laws out there. No dealer in his right mind would ship them directly to Aldon, that would be a federal offense. FFL dealers can only ship to FFL dealers. Granted there are a pile of different licenses out there depending on the type of firearm, but there is no way these rifles were shipped to a private residence, I seriously doubt Aldon has any sort of FFL. Someone had to pick them up, then drive them back, thats the only way this could have happened, unless he shipped him to himself, which I would find highly unlikely with the gun laws out there.

Thanks for the info. Probably had some of his hanger on friends drive them back
  • KK49
  • Veteran
well at least we dont have to worry about paying him , Kapp and Crabs . He can wait . hope he avoids prison time and stays in rehab for a long time. Its time Jed pulls some strings...
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

lol
Aldon is as smart as a box of rocks!

What a stupid waste of talent.

Maybe jail is the best ting for him - nothing else has seemed to work.

At this point he hasn't killed or really hurt anyone where the consequences would be dire.
Originally posted by boast:

That's good news.

Originally posted by KK49:
well at least we dont have to worry about paying him , Kapp and Crabs . He can wait . hope he avoids prison time and stays in rehab for a long time. Its time Jed pulls some strings...

Yup, foolio is definitely not getting a big contract now.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Thanks for the info. Probably had some of his hanger on friends drive them back

Thats the pain about it. If he knew it was illegal and found a way around it, hes not getting off lightly. Cali gun laws are the worst in the nation(from a pro gun standpoint, but thats a different thread) Same thing happened with Plexico. Dumbass shot himself. He wasnt charged for public endangerment, he was charged with having a hand gun in NYC (very bad thing to do). If he lived somewhere else, this wouldnt be a problem, but since he is high profile in California, you know the DA is going to go after this hard to send a message. Its not right in my mind, but I dont make the laws.

On the plus side, if we decide to keep him around when this is all over, we wont be paying him $12 million plus anymore.

Time to step up Cory, this isnt going to end soon,or well.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by saj4423:
How much more do you think he will get punished? I think the courts see he is in rehab and hand down a fine, the 49ers won't punish him anymore than what he is already doing. Now the league I don't know. Will they go with punishment served why he is in rehab or will they come down hard and add an additional 8 games or even a year onto it?

The rehab thing is because of the DUI. Now that he has weapons charges added on...timed served doesn't make sense. You don't go to rehab for gun charges.
but who is to say all of his issues don't come from the drinking? And now that he has fixed that problem the other issues should be solved.

I can say with decent certainty he wasn't drunk when he purchased the guns. I'm very pro gun but you must abide by state laws. Just because its legal to open carry in AZ doesn't mean I can do so in FL. Part of gun ownership is responsibility and following the law...sounds like he did neither.
with all those DUI's and now the gun charges do you guys think he will be suspended for a year? or will it be closer to 4 game suspension?
He'll be playing for the Cowboys in few years.
Share 49ersWebzone