LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet � 3m

In Aldon Smith's settlement, he could return as early as Monday with good behavior. He has shown that, I'm told. Would be a boost for #49ers

Would be a if it wasn't Rapoport
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:
Tomorrow is the day. Guys return from bye week and get back to work.

Do what is right Roger. Don't be a little b***h cause you f**ked up Ray's case and take it out on Aldon.

This! Between rehab and five games last season and the 7 games this season I would say Aldon has served his time with good behavior
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet � 3m

In Aldon Smith's settlement, he could return as early as Monday with good behavior. He has shown that, I'm told. Would be a boost for #49ers

Would be a if it wasn't Rapoport

Let the journey begin
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need you back, Aldy.
Originally posted by BobS:
Don't know where you got that, but it isn't true. There is a California statewide ban on so called "assault" weapons. Local ordinances govern what you can use to hunt what, and where and when you can discharge firearms. State and Federal regulations govern what weapons are legal to possess.

Might be right devils advocate but yet still Aldons suspension is too long all things considered. Its overkill IMO!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by BobS:
Don't know where you got that, but it isn't true. There is a California statewide ban on so called "assault" weapons. Local ordinances govern what you can use to hunt what, and where and when you can discharge firearms. State and Federal regulations govern what weapons are legal to possess.

Might be right devils advocate but yet still Aldons suspension is too long all things considered. Its overkill IMO!

I don't think Goodell will reduce it given his history of irrational decisions and behavior. I think the Ray Rice incident will force him to keep his suspension up. Goodell is one of the wimpiest commissioners in the history of the NFL.
Sounds like he's coming back tomorrow
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:
Tomorrow is the day. Guys return from bye week and get back to work.

Do what is right Roger. Don't be a little b***h cause you f**ked up Ray's case and take it out on Aldon.

This! Between rehab and five games last season and the 7 games this season I would say Aldon has served his time with good behavior

Five games last season was more like a paid vacation. No money was docked. Hardly punishment. Just sayin'. That said:
What baffles me is why everyone feels that its OK for the NFL to act as judge and jury on these matters. Seems like the public wants it that way. But isn't that what the legal system is for? Seems like the players face double jeopardy; with the second gauntlet run through the fickle court of public opinion.
Reference the "domestic violence" issues. Lot of rubbish is being promoted here by special interests groups and a prevailing lynch mob mentality led by righteous PC proponents. Just let the legal system handle it. They do a bad enough job as it is, without others butting in and further compounding the problem. NFL: Stay out of it.
Same with other violations of the law.
After that, let the teams decide if violations of the law makes a player unfit to do his job. For whatever reason, including organization's image. Write that into a player's contract (which I'm pretty sure already is).
I would imagine that's the way it is for any worker, in any job. If a legal violation impacts ones ability to perform ones job, you're probably going to lose it. Otherwise not.
Can someone give me a link to the "two game reduction" aspect of this penalty? Just wondering if this is another example of Commissioner making up rules as he goes or if this is part of a regular action on his part. For instance, is "good behavior" defined? Or is it the interpretation of the commissioner?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 26, 2014 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I think he will be too. Game on.

I expect the coaches to work him in until he gets back in football shape - maybe 3 games.

He'll probably be at full speed sooner than later.

It'll be interesting to see if Fangio has any creative packages w/Lynch in the mix.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I think he will be too. Game on.

i bet the team already knows it as well
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Can someone give me a link to the "two game reduction" aspect of this penalty? Just wondering if this is another example of Commissioner making up rules as he goes or if this is part of a regular action on his part. For instance, is "good behavior" defined? Or is it the interpretation of the commissioner?

Big Ben had his suspension reduced by 2 games.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I expect the coaches to work him in until he gets back in football shape - maybe 3 games.

He'll probably be at full speed sooner than later.

It'll be interesting to see if Fangio has any creative packages w/Lynch in the mix.

I've seen reports where they have said he's in the best shape he's been in. He's been with the team and able to workout just not practice right? I'm sure he will come in with a week of practice and be good.
Our Superbowl run begins next Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone