LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Stanley:
i am also really glad to see the coach give the guys the whole week off. i know he is just trying to get back the lost locker room but that was a wise thing to do. i am never one to predict scores and how teams will play but if all this comes together with aldon and other guys,,,, the rams should be very afraid and f**k it,, so should the rest of the god damn nfl

He didn't give them the week off because he's trying to "win back" the locker room. He gave them week off because it's a common thing to do.
lol,, and english thinks there is no connection with a posters IQ and the number of little red boxes filled up

I gotta agree with cc here. I mean after a 42-17 blowout, you would think a head coach would want to get back to work right away. But I gotta look at it as the coach giving everyone time to pull themselves back together and gather there thoughts, sometimes that's the best thing to do.

I'm not sure about anyone here, but when I had/have trouble figuring out an electrical problem on a vehicle, my manager would tell me to take a beak, have a breather. He wouldn't just let me continue to do what I was doing and keep getting my ass kick filled with frustration, I mean who can work like that??
  • buck
  • Veteran
Aldon Smith suspension could be shortened 1-2 games

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith could be on the fast track to an early return from suspension.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that per the terms of Smith's union-league negotiated settlement, his suspension could be shortened by a game or two based on good behavior -- which he has exhibited -- according to two sources who have seen the agreement.

Pro Football Talk first reported the potential reduction.

If the suspension is reduced, Smith could return as soon as after the Niners' Week 8 bye to face the St. Louis Rams on Nov. 2.

Smith was suspended for nine games in August for violating the league's policy on personal conduct and substances of abuse. If the suspension is not reduced, he'd be eligible to return Week 11 versus the New York Giants.

With a plethora of other injuries on the defensive side of the ball, getting their best pass rusher back on the field would be a huge boon for a Niners team battling for playoff positioning in a tough NFC.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000414721/article/aldon-smith-suspension-could-be-shortened-12-games

Will it happen, or not?

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Aldon Smith suspension could be shortened 1-2 games

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith could be on the fast track to an early return from suspension.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that per the terms of Smith's union-league negotiated settlement, his suspension could be shortened by a game or two based on good behavior -- which he has exhibited -- according to two sources who have seen the agreement.

Pro Football Talk first reported the potential reduction.

If the suspension is reduced, Smith could return as soon as after the Niners' Week 8 bye to face the St. Louis Rams on Nov. 2.

Smith was suspended for nine games in August for violating the league's policy on personal conduct and substances of abuse. If the suspension is not reduced, he'd be eligible to return Week 11 versus the New York Giants.

With a plethora of other injuries on the defensive side of the ball, getting their best pass rusher back on the field would be a huge boon for a Niners team battling for playoff positioning in a tough NFC.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000414721/article/aldon-smith-suspension-could-be-shortened-12-games

Will it happen, or not?

Lets just hope Aldon stays out of trouble until then. We've hard nothing so far so crossing fingers.
The sooner the better
Originally posted by Allx9er:
The sooner the better

Welcome back pass rush!
b***hes bout to pay with blood!
Originally posted by 9moon:
I just hope the guy wants to play some football..

of course,,,,,,, what would make you say this? what would make me respond to this?

?

Maybe he thinks Aldon will go the way of Sticky Williams and find universal intergalactic spiritual accrimenese and oneness.

"Partying" for Aldon will now mean spending hours in the hallway praying like a monk.

Aldon will lose muscle tone and mass due to fasting until the last fall of the Autumn leaf.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I just hope the guy wants to play some football..

^^^this guy^^^
I just hope Aldon doesn't celebrate the good news by getting completey hammered lol

"Aldon Smith was arrested by San Jose police early this morning as he was running through the middle of a busy intersection butt naked while yelling 'Guess who's back b***hes??!?' to people in their vehicles."
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I just hope Aldon doesn't celebrate the good news by getting completey hammered lol

"Aldon Smith was arrested by San Jose police early this morning as he was running through the middle of a busy intersection butt naked while yelling 'Guess who's back b***hes??!?' to people in their vehicles."

On the way he is credited with sacking the mailbox for a 9 yard loss.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

the mailbox reportedly suffered multiple stab wounds made from a pen knife
So what if Aldon doesn't get a reduction? Nothing has been stated that it is guaranteed. And why does the team claim they knew nothing about a reduction when it was in the written agreement? Either somebody is lying or somebody is too ignorant and incompetent to know what's really going on. Sounds pretty fishy to me, no wonder there are so many conspiracy theorists.
[ Edited by vermonator on Oct 21, 2014 at 12:01 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

the mailbox reportedly suffered multiple stab wounds made from a pen knife

If you want to know what's really going on behind the scenes on this issue, Swayze's explanation looks better than most:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179969-behind-nfl-week-49ers-broncos/
If in fact Aldon's suspension is already over it probably won't be announced until Friday so gotohell can milk the most media exposure possible over the weekend.
Share 49ersWebzone