LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
billbird, i love ur tomatoes but ur trippin if you think Aldon will never be back.
The pass rush is not nearly as formidable w/o Aldon. The 49ers will have to scheme to get pressure on a consitent basis. Thankfully the secondary has improved this year so it hasn't bit us yet.

I hope he gets is life turned around... Nothing is sadder than wasted talent.
He will be back barring setback this year
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
billbird, i love ur tomatoes but ur trippin if you think Aldon will never be back.

Perhaps I should stick with tomatoes.
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Oct 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by susweel:
we need ALdon back asap

He ain't coming back. Get over it. Move on. Nothing to see here.

yes he will. he will be back after the bye week.

And monkeys will be flying out of my rear quarters after the bye week.

Aldon Smith has played his last game for the 49ers. Admit it. Move on. Embrace the Lemon in life.

people prolly thought the same about john jolly, ray lewis, randy moss etc

OK. Let's make a random thought here. Not saying it's going to happen. Not saying that it couldn't happen either.

But -- for argument's sake -- let's just say Lemonier starts playing his tail off during the final eight or nine games and he finishes with 11-12 sacks.

Why bring trouble like Aldon back? Really -- why? Why do it when Lemonier has proven he's just as good and will probably get better (not probably -- he will).

So -- why bring Aldon back? What's your reason?

...because you can play more than one OLB in a game and Aldon has 38 sacks in less than 38 games.

What "trouble" BTW. He hasn't been an issue in the locker room. He's just been stupid off the field.

We don't know that. You don't know that.

.......................You can't prove a negative. Thats a LAME argument.

I also don't know that you don't rape kittens. That's a FOX News argument. There has never at any time been a report of Aldon having an issue with any teammate and all of his teammates have expressed sympathy and support.

Do we just make sh*t up now to support our faulty theories?

I'm not making anything up. I didn't make one statement to the contrary. What I said is "we don't know that."

And then, somehow, I'm off to rape kittens. Which is just disgusting!

Kinda the point. There is no evidense that Aldon has ever been a locker room issue...so why say something liek "we don't know that"? Like I said...we don't know that you don't rape kittens. We don't know alot of things that have no bearing on the conversation.

There is no reason to assume that he's a locker room issue. Therefore we have no reason to believe he'd be "trouble". If they think he's gotten himself in order there is no reason to play him again THIS YEAR.
we need ALdon back asap

Aldon Smith has played his last game for the 49ers. Admit it. Move on. Embrace the Lemon in life.

OK. Let's make a random thought here. Not saying it's going to happen. Not saying that it couldn't happen either.

But -- for argument's sake -- let's just say Lemonier starts playing his tail off during the final eight or nine games and he finishes with 11-12 sacks.

Why bring trouble like Aldon back? Really -- why? Why do it when Lemonier has proven he's just as good and will probably get better (not probably -- he will).

...because you can play more than one OLB in a game and Aldon has 38 sacks in less than 38 games.

What "trouble" BTW. He hasn't been an issue in the locker room. He's just been stupid off the field.

I also don't know that you don't rape kittens. That's a FOX News argument. There has never at any time been a report of Aldon having an issue with any teammate and all of his teammates have expressed sympathy and support.

I'm not making anything up. I didn't make one statement to the contrary. What I said is "we don't know that."

Kinda the point. There is no evidense that Aldon has ever been a locker room issue...so why say something liek "we don't know that"? Like I said...we don't know that you don't rape kittens. We don't know alot of things that have no bearing on the conversation.

There is no reason to assume that he's a locker room issue. Therefore we have no reason to believe he'd be "trouble". If they think he's gotten himself in order there is no reason to play him again THIS YEAR.

We've won three straight without him in the lineup. Who needs him?

It's my opinion he doesn't get back into the lineup. Not this year. Not ever.

But I have nothing beyond opinion to share. There is no factual evidence here. Just opinion.
we need ALdon back asap

But I have nothing beyond opinion to share. There is no factual evidence here. Just opinion.

How can you think he never lines up again after seeing Ray lews, Donte Stallworth, and Michael vick all face more serious charges and still play again?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we definitely do need Aldon back. Our pass rush is non existent at the moment.
Some of u so-called fan make me sick aldon has real life problems N all u wanna do is jump ship N dump him ..its sad hes alot more then jus a football player for our 49ers ....
  • buck
  • Veteran
I would like to Aldon Smith come back this year.

If the team lets him play, it will be a strong indication that he has done well in rehab.
If he does well in rehab, he has a very good chance to get his life in order--and that is important.

If he comes back, he will make the defense better.

He is a young man. If he leaves the stupid decision making behind him, he has a good chance at living a good and decent life.

At some point he will have to pay the pipers. That is just part of life.

I have not written him off.

we need ALdon back asap

Of course its just opinion...and I think yours is BS.

We haven't had Crabtree or Manningham, or Carradine all year either and we are 4-2. I guess we don't need them either.
Aldon smith is going to do some jail time. He's going to face a suspension after that. Not coming back, guys, and maybe not ever.
I predict he comes back after the bye week for the game against Carolina
Originally posted by xtm059:
Aldon smith is going to do some jail time. He's going to face a suspension after that. Not coming back, guys, and maybe not ever.

There's these things called jury trials which sometimes lead to convictions and sometimes they don't. Until that is settled he can play football per the CBA . . . assuming he's clean and sober and the 49ers think he can keep it together.
Originally posted by xtm059:

Sigh.

1) He won't do any time. It will be plead down to a misdomeaner because the DA knows it will be almost impossible to prove that his intent was to break the law by going to Arizona to get the guns. He is charging it as a felony as a starting position. He'll plead down and won't do a day in jail. People will cry foul because he got "special treatment" when in fact if he weren't famous he'd likely never have even been charged because the DA needs him to testafy against the men who actually shot people at the part. That is still possible BTW...that he exchanges testamony for dropped charges.

2) He will likely face suspension but the time he is spending away from the team will be kept in mind when doling out punishment. It will probably be a short suspension and a heavy fine.

3) People need to STOP with the doom and gloom. Aldon was a numbskull for doing the stuff he did, but ya gotta have at least a sliver of perspective here. Rolondo McClain fired a gun right next to a guys head making the guy think he was shooting him and played justa few weeks later.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone