LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

LOL should we cut ties with Aldon Smith? WTF? Umm how about f**k no

That dude is a f**king walking stereotype. Can't stand his ass.

Lol I think it was last year when Cam Newton was playing bad, some newspaper editor printed a picture of Cam doing his Superman pose and instead of the S on his chest, there was a picture of Hello Kitty. Stephen A. Smith tried to say that it was racist. Lol how the f**k did he make that connection?
Originally posted by SofaKing:

No way we part ways with him, provided Aldon makes the necessary changes to his lifestyle. I like what Stephen A. had to say. He was able to step back and rationalize the situation instead of going off emotion like so many.

Aldon and the 49ers took the unprecedented step of him leaving the team to solve his problems, and the 49ers are still paying him when they didn't have to. That shows the 49ers are supportive of him, and Aldon is serious about making changes.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

all 31 nfl teams will banging down his door trying to get him

Yeah I think Aldon and the 49ers should be ok. It seems that he is serious about the treatment he is receiving and honestly wants to change. I just hope that he is able to change and be clean and avoid trouble for the rest of his career. The guy has so much talent, it would be devastating to the 49ers and him if his career goes to waste because of idiotic behavior.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Again...Bingo.

My issue all along with Heed49ers post have been that they somehow laid out a crime spree as if he were just walking down a random street shooting a gun at people and getting stabbed in random locations.

They were all connected.

He was foolish to try to break up the party the way he did. Nobody is arguing that. He should have called the police. The weapon he fired ONCE in the air AFTER he'd been SHOT AT was a weapon he owned LEGALLY. He didn't bust out the sniper rifle and start targeting people on the street.

Aldon has been childish and immature. There is no question about that...but CONTEXT plays a part in all this. THAT has been my point from the beginning.

You're the only one talking about a "spree" of anything. This is what he's done (& been caught at) since being drafted in 2011:

DUI in Florida in Jan 2012

This party & all the bad that comes with it.

DUI in September where he was so f-ed up that the police found him up against a tree with his foot on the accelerator.
The evolution of Heeds list has been, well interesting. Started out mostly fictional, now the facts are actually listed.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Oct 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Heed49er:
Again...Bingo.

My issue all along with Heed49ers post have been that they somehow laid out a crime spree as if he were just walking down a random street shooting a gun at people and getting stabbed in random locations.

They were all connected.

He was foolish to try to break up the party the way he did. Nobody is arguing that. He should have called the police. The weapon he fired ONCE in the air AFTER he'd been SHOT AT was a weapon he owned LEGALLY. He didn't bust out the sniper rifle and start targeting people on the street.

Aldon has been childish and immature. There is no question about that...but CONTEXT plays a part in all this. THAT has been my point from the beginning.

You're the only one talking about a "spree" of anything. This is what he's done (& been caught at) since being drafted in 2011:

DUI in Florida in Jan 2012

This party & all the bad that comes with it.

DUI in September where he was so f-ed up that the police found him up against a tree with his foot on the accelerator.

Really?

Originally posted by Heed49er:

"Sorry I didn't memorize his GTA spree.

Here's the salient points:

Stabbed
DUIs plural
Shooting at people.

Are you saying he was sober at this party when he shot at people? Is that supposed to be better or worse?"

Nobody is arguing here that he hasn't done anything wrong. Nobody has defended the DUIs. All we are saying is that the stabbing and civil cases are effectively stemming from the same incident. He made a bad decision to have the party to begin with and made another bad one by getting his gun instead of calling the police. Regardless tho he doesn't face an assault charge because he was acting in SELF DEFENSE and he never once shot at another person as you alleged. He fired one shot into the air because he had already been fired upon.

Its simply a matter of context.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 11, 2013 at 8:26 PM ]
49ers need to sign FA pass rushers and sign and draft Quality WRs
Remember back in the day when we paid Aldon Smith to play football instead of attending a rehab clinic?
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Please don't ever post Skip Bayless/Stephen A. Smith here and try to make a rational conversation. Dudes get paid to stir up controversy out of nothing.

In fact, the world would be a better place if no one ever mentioned or watched their crap period.
Originally posted by Disp:
Please don't ever post Skip Bayless/Stephen A. Smith here and try to make a rational conversation. Dudes get paid to stir up controversy out of nothing.

In fact, the world would be a better place if no one ever mentioned or watched their crap period.

They both said not to cut him by the way.

If anything, hate the chick that asked the question (yes, we are going to pretend the chick comes up with the questions on her own).
"49ers not counting on Smith's return this season"

Well, maybe the one positive out of all this, is perhaps, that the team will be able to resign Crabtree. I don't think Smith will be breaking the bank with a new contract anytime soon, so there is a better chance keeping Crabs.

Still though, should have picked Watt...

Damn you Baalke!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9819403/san-francisco-49ers-not-counting-aldon-smith-return-season-sources-say

Originally posted by vermonator:
"49ers not counting on Smith's return this season"

Well, maybe the one positive out of all this, is perhaps, that the team will be able to resign Crabtree. I don't think Smith will be breaking the bank with a new contract anytime soon, so there is a better chance keeping Crabs.

Still though, should have picked Watt...

Damn you Baalke!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9819403/san-francisco-49ers-not-counting-aldon-smith-return-season-sources-say

OLB was a much greater need at the time than a DL. I don't see why Aldon won't return after the bye. Won't believe it until I see it. Either way though guys just have to continue to step up
f**k Schefter. He don't know s**t. Aldon will be back soon.
Nobody is arguing here that he hasn't done anything wrong. Nobody has defended the DUIs. All we are saying is that the stabbing and civil cases are effectively stemming from the same incident. He made a bad decision to have the party to begin with and made another bad one by getting his gun instead of calling the police. Regardless tho he doesn't face an assault charge because he was acting in SELF DEFENSE and he never once shot at another person as you alleged. He fired one shot into the air because he had already been fired upon.

Its simply a matter of context.

Thank you, Marvin. As usual, a voice of reason. Basically, Aldon Smith has had a couple of incidents with getting drunk and not being cognizant enough to get someone to drive him or call a cab, there was a party that got completely out of hand and when police searched his house they found some assault rifles for which he doesn't have a license in California. He hasn't beaten anyone up, he hasn't fired on anyone and he hasn't gone on some sort of "crime spree." He's been very foolish and he clearly has a drinking problem.

Let's also remember that the Niners organization saying they don't expect Smith back this season doesn't mean he won't be back this season. It evidently just depends on his rehab and what the professionals at that operation feel is Smith's progress. I'll be surprised if he doesn't come back at some point this season because he's definitely going to have to go through a suspension next season anyway.
Why can't Goodell just suspend Aldon Smith right now, allowing him to focus on his rehab? That's some b******t that he's missing games already and is still going to be subjected to a suspension afterward. The NFL should suspend him now if they are planning on doing it. Seems like they want to screw us over and wait until he is done with rehab and then suspend him and hold him out of even more games. I know they want to wait for the legal process to play out and what not, but they already know the type of things he has done. Just suspend him right now without pay and let him do his rehab. Why f**k us over and take him out of even more games when he's already missing games.
"The saddest thing in life, is wasted talent"
Share 49ersWebzone