There are 252 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Save this rehab s**t till after the season we can't afford to lose him right now

bro this is his LIFE. as other already said he could have killed someone or be killed himself. some real serious s**t. You think Football is more important than his well being outside of the game?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by niners94:
Hope it counts towards his potential suspension.

If he goes into rehab and misses time, there would be no logical reason for the league to suspend him.

If needed the team could "suspend" him to placate the league.
buck, i know its not the same thing,, but I know of high school coaches who have booze problems but they are able to save their job when they do a voluntary committal to substance abuse treatment, and of course follow through when they get out
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Save this rehab s**t till after the season we can't afford to lose him right now

bro this is his LIFE. as other already said he could have killed someone or be killed himself. some real serious s**t. You think Football is more important than his well being outside of the game?
defender said nothing wrong. i feel bad for people who can not see the forest through the trees. aldon saw that tree closeup and i hope and pray it was a f**king wake up call for him and the people who run this team
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Cam.... Cam.... Come Back. Cam...

if he misses alot of time, like i think he is going to, i am not sure if the niners can get a guy to replace him on the roster. i guess he would be on the PUP list? maybe that would open up a roster and maybe they could sign a cheap free agent. of course that is what i think they should have done on the d line this week so what the f**k do i know

He wouldn't go to PUP. It would be the non-football injury list. I believe though if he is put there he wouldn't be able to return until week 7, not completely sure about that. Lemonier would probably move in the the starting line up so our run D will be compromised as well as losing some pass rush.
[ Edited by E-49er on Sep 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by niners94:
Hope it counts towards his potential suspension.

If he goes into rehab and misses time, there would be no logical reason for the league to suspend him.

If needed the team could "suspend" him to placate the league.

Best solution for him, best for the team perhaps as well.
Think we could use Parys Haralson now?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by E-49er:
He wouldn't go to PUP. It would be the non-football injury list. I believe though if he is put there he wouldn't be able to return until week 6, not completely sure about that. Lemonier would probably move in the the starting line up so our run D will be compromised as well as losing some pass rush.

thank you E. i am actually preparing for a worst case and that is a 60 day rehab. i guess that is why i asked if the team could find a cheap free agent linebacker to fill his role till he comes back. you are right. now we all hope the lemon man comes in like a ball of fire and we do not miss a beat but not sure how realistic that is. sure am glad though that the team and aldon are being proactive about this. you could have made a case to do this after he got stabbed but at least it is being taken care of now and they are not f**king around with it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
you do not make player decisions on what you think could happen . after i spent some time on the ledge following the removal of haralson and cam, i vowed i will never go back and second guess. moving forward if aldon misses alot of time like i think he will and probably should, you probably go find a respectable free agent to use as a back up and special teams.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
"There has been a consensus reached that San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith needs treatment for his substance-abuse problems, but he first must get through this weekend, active as a player, NFL and NFL Players Association sources said."

Glad they have their priorities straight.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
you do not make player decisions on what you think could happen . after i spent some time on the ledge following the removal of haralson and cam, i vowed i will never go back and second guess. moving forward if aldon misses alot of time like i think he will and probably should, you probably go find a respectable free agent to use as a back up and special teams.

Lol it's a joke. I really don't think Haralson would've made that big of a difference. If it gives Lemonier more time and experience it could be a blessing in disguise

Originally posted by E-49er:
He wouldn't go to PUP. It would be the non-football injury list. I believe though if he is put there he wouldn't be able to return until week 6, not completely sure about that. Lemonier would probably move in the the starting line up so our run D will be compromised as well as losing some pass rush.

thank you E. i am actually preparing for a worst case and that is a 60 day rehab. i guess that is why i asked if the team could find a cheap free agent linebacker to fill his role till he comes back. you are right. now we all hope the lemon man comes in like a ball of fire and we do not miss a beat but not sure how realistic that is. sure am glad though that the team and aldon are being proactive about this. you could have made a case to do this after he got stabbed but at least it is being taken care of now and they are not f**king around with it

No problem. I'm glad also that the team is being proactive because the last thing I want to see is Aldon turning into a Lawrence Taylor or Charles Haley off the field. On the field no problem, off the field big problem. I just hope Aldon realizes how serious the situation is and takes the rehab seriously. Needless to say this is not going to help his civil case against him because a pattern of reckless behavior has been established so it looks like the guys shot are gonna cash out. I like Lemonier's pass rushing but I just don't think he is the run defender Aldon is yet.
Originally posted by vaden:
"There has been a consensus reached that San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith needs treatment for his substance-abuse problems, but he first must get through this weekend, active as a player, NFL and NFL Players Association sources said."

Wonder what getting through the weekend first means?
I might get blasted for saying this but... TRADE his ass. I'd do a straight swap for Jordan with Miami. Aldon has limitless potential but always seems to end up on the wrong side of the news lines once to twice a season. We can't be on a quest for six with him in rehab or jail.
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Originally posted by vaden:

Wonder what getting through the weekend first means?

Prolly has to do with roster and nflpa issues
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I might get blasted for saying this but... TRADE his ass. I'd do a straight swap for Jordan with Miami. Aldon has limitless potential but always seems to end up on the wrong side of the news lines once to twice a season. We can't be on a quest for six with him in rehab or jail.

No! We won't trade a future HOFer for anyone. At least I should say a potential HOFer. We will work to get him sober and active on the field
Share 49ersWebzone