LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

NEXT MAN UP
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Cam Inman is now reporting that the Santa Clara DA may bring illegal gun charges against Aldon. We did not need this now.

Aldon stop being a f**king dumb ass. Firing shots in the air at a party? Does he not know Plaxico went to jail for firing himself? Obviously I hope this goes away but Aldon needs to be smarter he has too much talent to throw it away

Does self defense make a difference?

If he is charged for "brandishing a firearm", which is the only thing he did - technically. He can be charged if it wasn't in self defense. If he fired it in the air after being stabbed so people would leave quickly -- he may have a defense. More of the unknown story is going to come out!
Cam Inman is now reporting that the Santa Clara DA may bring illegal gun charges against Aldon. We did not need this now.

Aldon stop being a f**king dumb ass. Firing shots in the air at a party? Does he not know Plaxico went to jail for firing himself? Obviously I hope this goes away but Aldon needs to be smarter he has too much talent to throw it away

Our coaching and FO are always 2 steps ahead I'm confident they wouldn't have made the moves they made if they were worried that Aldons legal counsel couldn't take care of business. Lets hope Aldon takes his anger towards this money grubbing D-Bag out on the Packers Whole team.
Originally posted by loyal9er:

If he is charged for "brandishing a firearm", which is the only thing he did - technically. He can be charged if it wasn't in self defense. If he fired it in the air after being stabbed so people would leave quickly -- he may have a defense. More of the unknown story is going to come out!

Thanks. This story should be dead though. It's only alive because someone wants to get paid.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

Our coaching and FO are always 2 steps ahead I'm confident they wouldn't have made the moves they made if they were worried that Aldons legal counsel couldn't take care of business. Lets hope Aldon takes his anger towards this money grubbing D-Bag out on the Packers Whole team.

But it would have been nice to keep our depth for situations like this.
Originally posted by loyal9er:

Thanks. This story should be dead though. It's only alive because someone wants to get paid.

should have got aaron hernandez on the job, his witnesses are dropping like crazy
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
With the recent news about Aldon possessing and firing a gun at a party and the potential lawsuit coming, in addition to his DUI a year or so ago, is anyone else worried this guy is on the wrong track? He better get his head on straight.

You know this was from the party he got stabbed at a few years ago, right? This isnt a new incident. He seems to have righted his ship since that one summer a few years back

On top of that, the guy's story sounds like a huge load of crap.

A cheesehead affiliate paid this dude to bring back this drama. This ain't gonna mess with Aldon's head, f**k their weak azz o-line.. Rodgers running for his life!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Good thing we still have Camer....errr, Pary......err, Stupar?
Damn kids!

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_24015642/49ers-aldon-smith-faces-possible-criminal-charges
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
he's got rifles that require a non-removable magazine, but his rifles are not in compliance with the law; the magazines are removable. he went to arizona to buy them. if you know these rifles, then you know all about the magazine issue in california. it's pretty obvious he is guilty. he knew what he was doing. it's a stupid law, that pisses off every cali gun owner, but we know there's big trouble for you if you choose to break the law. it's clear as day what the legal issues are with these rifles, and anybody looking to buy them will learn about the issues and the law. aldon knew. aldon broke the law. the DA can chose to be an hardass on this issue if he likes because he has a strong enough case against aldon. i wouldn't take it lightly. he could do time if they take the hardass route.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
he's got rifles that require a non-removable magazine, but his rifles are not in compliance with the law; the magazines are removable. he went to arizona to buy them. if you know these rifles, then you know all about the magazine issue in california. it's pretty obvious he is guilty. he knew what he was doing. it's a stupid law, that pisses off every cali gun owner, but we know there's big trouble for you if you choose to break the law. it's clear as day what the legal issues are with these rifles, and anybody looking to buy them will learn about the issues and the law. aldon knew. aldon broke the law. the DA can chose to be an hardass on this issue if he likes because he has a strong enough case against aldon. i wouldn't take it lightly. he could do time if they take the hardass route.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

In this case, the charge, if filed, could be a felony or misdemeanor.

It has been over a year and charges have not been filed. My guess is that it is more complicated than is readily apparent.

But, it is hard to deny that Aldon made a stupid move or series of stupid moves.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

In this case, the charge, if filed, could be a felony or misdemeanor.

It has been over a year and charges have not been filed. My guess is that it is more complicated than is readily apparent.

But, it is hard to deny that Aldon made a stupid move or series of stupid moves.

It's a crappy case for everyone involved. The article says that it might not hold up very well in front of a jury and wind up being a big waste of time and money. And lets be realisitic, there may even be some people on the case who have a little bias towards the team and know what it could mean - especially if it was an honest (still ridiculous) mistake on Aldon's part not to modify his guns.
Most of us are assuming this is just a case of a guy wanting a payday, but what if Aldon does have some culpability here. Just because he's a 9'er doesn't automatically make him innocent. I sure as hell don't want to lose him, even if it's for a short period, but, I'm also tired of seeing celebrities, sports, entertainment or otherwise, getting away with $h!t. Look at Manziel's joke of a penalty! Heck, Brooks dodged a bullet too (no pun intended). I pray this is just some trumped up BS, but if it's not............
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Most of us are assuming this is just a case of a guy wanting a payday, but what if Aldon does have some culpability here. Just because he's a 9'er doesn't automatically make him innocent. I sure as hell don't want to lose him, even if it's for a short period, but, I'm also tired of seeing celebrities, sports, entertainment or otherwise, getting away with $h!t. Look at Manziel's joke of a penalty! Heck, Brooks dodged a bullet too (no pun intended). I pray this is just some trumped up BS, but if it's not............

Aldon will get it worse than most just because he is a celebrity. This thing will be dramatized and talked about over and over again. Here we are a year and a half and look at the headlines. This would not happen to us. This is in play only because it is Aldon. I think nothing of it unless charges are filed. Just some bum looking to get paid and there is no risk from Aldon to society at large no more than from the rest of us. He seems to have learned from this and have gotten his head on straight
I understand how the news cycle works, but if the DA wants to charge him...just do it. Otherwise, don't talk about it until something meaningful happens.
Meanwhile, this distraction certainly doesn't help the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone