LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 138 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by 5280High:
Looks like a f*ckin money grab, f*ck that dude.

Yes and we trying to win a chip
The guy waited over a year to file a lawsuit? Yeah, that screams credibility.
Just what we need to be dealing with. Well at least one of them is off our team. Was hoping we had heard all about Aldon's past and he had moved on which I think he has but now he has to deal with this.
Originally posted by TheChozen:

When it comes to the American legal system that sounds about right.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Oh Please tell me this is embellished, and that we don't have young "franchise" guys behaving this foolishly.

Smith and Walker appeared on the balcony of Smith's home in to try and end the party and began to fire shots into the air, according to the lawsuit.The lawsuit also said Walker then made his way to the driveway where he allegedly fired more shots into the air and toward others attending the party.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/49ers-Aldon-Smith-Named-in-Lawsuit-Over-2012-Party-at-San-Jose-Home-222272671.html

Ugh... kind of hard to believe that there's not a grain of truth to it, considering the dude was stabbed at the party -- we know that part for a fact. There's probably a suspension looming for him if this stuff actually did happen.

This guy isn't going to get a dime. Its been over a year, if there was a "grain of truth" to this lawsuit we would've heard about potential weapons charges against them especially because someone was reportedly shot if I remember correctly(maybe this is that guy and he is just trying to get paid???), along with Aldon being stabbed.

Considering how quickly we heard about the Brooks/Divens incident we would've definitely heard about Aldon/Delanie firing guns. Neighbors would've called 911, swat would've showed up, people would've been arrested.

This fool probably sought out a lawyer the minute the Hernandez story went viral and is trying to capitalize on a high level of scrutiny and doubt being placed against the NFL, especially someone like Aldon who has had a few bad situations of his own.

Case closed, we never heard a whiff of this and with the lower level of credibility needed to win in civil court this guy is just looking for a pay day. Sympathy for him if he was actually shot but come on, the youtube vide of this party in question is full of video hoes and wannabe gang bangers, even if Aldon hosted the party the guy still hung out with clowns from that clothing company that was there.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
personal issue I don't care
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
personal issue I don't care
this,, a year ago when he got stabbed and hit a deer and whatever else he did in the off season,, i cared,, but i could get two s**ts about this now.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by TheChozen:

When it comes to the American legal system that sounds about right.

They have to put the case together, and make sure they have a chance at winning, or that there is enough money in a settlement. If Aldon wasn't wealthy, it would never happen.
Lawyers make a living LOOKING for people with deep pockets, then, all they need is the slightest reason to sue them. They just have to convince a jury that something is "more likely true than not true" in a civil case, they don't have to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt".

cut heem nao
Originally posted by sfout:
This guy isn't going to get a dime. Its been over a year, if there was a "grain of truth" to this lawsuit we would've heard about potential weapons charges against them especially because someone was reportedly shot if I remember correctly(maybe this is that guy and he is just trying to get paid???), along with Aldon being stabbed.

Considering how quickly we heard about the Brooks/Divens incident we would've definitely heard about Aldon/Delanie firing guns. Neighbors would've called 911, swat would've showed up, people would've been arrested.

This fool probably sought out a lawyer the minute the Hernandez story went viral and is trying to capitalize on a high level of scrutiny and doubt being placed against the NFL, especially someone like Aldon who has had a few bad situations of his own.

Case closed, we never heard a whiff of this and with the lower level of credibility needed to win in civil court this guy is just looking for a pay day. Sympathy for him if he was actually shot but come on, the youtube vide of this party in question is full of video hoes and wannabe gang bangers, even if Aldon hosted the party the guy still hung out with clowns from that clothing company that was there.

Oh yes he WILL get paid. The question is how much.

Did you know if someone trips and falls on the sidewalk outside your house, they can sue you back to the stone age?
He was shot on his property. They'll probably sue for five million, and settle for a couple hundred grand.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by sfout:

Did you know if someone trips and falls on the sidewalk outside your house, they can sue you back to the stone age?
He was shot on his property. They'll probably sue for five million, and settle for a couple hundred grand.

Well then couldnt you turn around and sue the city or whoever paved the sidewalk/road?
Should we be worried about this? Like most of you, I believe that there is definitely something not right with this lawsuit. Happened over a year ago with no complaints in between and a lawsuit is just being filed now? Aldon allegedly fired the shots yet he was the one who got stabbed? Definitely not right. However, what is the worst case scenario? I'm not too familiar with this law stuff. Could he be looking at possible jail time? Suspension from the NFL?
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Learn to read. He wasn't shot.. He was shot at. He is suing cause supposedly Walker and Aldon were firing shots into the air. He is taking that as being shot at.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersss:
Should we be worried about this? Like most of you, I believe that there is definitely something not right with this lawsuit. Happened over a year ago with no complaints in between and a lawsuit is just being filed now? Aldon allegedly fired the shots yet he was the one who got stabbed? Definitely not right. However, what is the worst case scenario? I'm not too familiar with this law stuff. Could he be looking at possible jail time? Suspension from the NFL?

where is the picture of the black guy on the roller coaster? that sums up my feelings
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49ersss:

where is the picture of the black guy on the roller coaster? that sums up my feelings

You seek yoda,

help you I will

Share 49ersWebzone