LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by crabman82:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows now3 seconds ago
The bombshell in the affidavit regarding Ray McDonald is that he had been drinking with Aldon Smith, who is on probation for his 2013 DUI.

Yup - loads of character on this team - Balke to blame?
The bombshell in the affidavit regarding Ray McDonald is that he had been drinking with Aldon Smith, who is on probation for his 2013 DUI.

Well being on probation for DUI doesn't mean you can't drink anymore.
LOL
[ Edited by Califm5 on Dec 22, 2014 at 1:19 PM ]
It just blows my mind how this season just gets worse and worse and worse and worse. i am so ready for this to be over. Do we need to now worry about this ending his time here in SF? That would just be the cherry on top of this s**t season.
Somebody wake me when this dumpster fire is extinguished. I can't stomach anything more this calendar year.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Im a little concerned that Aldon was at a bar with Ray McDonald according to documents released about Ray's rape allegations.Dude needs to just stay away from these type of situations all together

what documents were these? i had not heard this.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/49er-Ray-McDonald-Search-Warrant-Texts-Rape-by-Intoxication-Police-286594641.html

Yeah I have to admit I'm a little concerned about it. Aldon doesn't need this attention anymore. I guess he's done serving his time and he feels like he can start drinking again.

lovely.

I am beginning to think that this could be one reason why Cowboy is ready to hang up his boots. He's made this kid look good since Aldon first stepped onto the field and maybe he's just getting tired of getting played like this.
Complete Non Story.
Aldon didn't drive home drunk
he didn't participate in the rape
he was out with a teammate
just the other week Ray Macdonald was out with Brandon Lloyd and they broke up a drunk fight
Maybe it was just Ray Macdonald this entire time.......
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I am beginning to think that this could be one reason why Cowboy is ready to hang up his boots. He's made this kid look good since Aldon first stepped onto the field and maybe he's just getting tired of getting played like this.

Stop this. They made each other look stellar. They work great together.

yes it does. he's probably has to take a breathalyzer every time he sees his probation officer to prove he wasn't drinking. it could end your probation depending on how cool your officer is.
Originally posted by lamontb:

yes it does. he's probably has to take a breathalyzer every time he sees his probation officer to prove he wasn't drinking. it could end your probation depending on how cool your officer is.

you didn't think this through.

no, but it means you can't be at bars.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran

No it doesn't, unless stated by the court. I haven't read anywhere where this is the case.
Originally posted by Geeked:

No it doesn't, unless stated by the court. I haven't read anywhere where this is the case.

What does it matter whether he violated his probation? The guy is at a bar drinking the night before the Seahawks game. I am so tired of this crap.

You could be right but I assume it's been ordered by the courts. I got 2 dui's and in both instances i was told that not touch any alcohol. And if you do it violates your probation. Every time i seen my po officer i would have to take a breathalyzer. Now you gotta be a complete idiot to fail that. But if you did then you could be violated. Not sure if a statement from Ray saying him and Aldon were out drinking would cause his PO to question his sobriety but it's possible. Especially if you been telling your PO that you have been staying away from bars and telling him thins you have been doing to keep up staying sober. .Aldon could have relapsed and his PO could already be aware of this info. so who knows. But I would find it pretty strange that a guy with 2 dui's hasn't been ordered to stop drinking by the courts and his probation officer. Just like they tell weed heads stop smoking and if you fail drug test you are in trouble.
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM ]

You could be right but I assume it's been ordered by the courts. I got 2 dui's and in both instances i was told that not touch any alcohol. And if you do it violates your probation. Every time i seen my po officer i would have to take a breathalyzer. Now you gotta be a complete idiot to fail that. But if you did then you could be violated. Not sure if a statement from Ray saying him and Aldon were out drinking would cause his PO to question his sobriety but it's possible. Especially if you been telling your PO that you have been staying away from bars and telling him thins you have been doing to keep up staying sober. .Aldon could have relapsed and his PO could already be aware of this info. so who knows. But I would find it pretty strange that a guy with 2 dui's hasn't been ordered to stop drinking by the courts and his probation officer. Just like they tell weed heads stop smoking and if you fail drug test you are in trouble.

It was in a statement from the woman who's filing the sexual assault charges on Ray Mac. She said after he sexually assaulted her, her, Ray Mac and Aldon Smith were having drinks together.

Ray Mac may have been a nice guy to his teammates, but he is bad news. Seems like most of the 49ers troubles have involved him.
Share 49ersWebzone