LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I mean if you're the Browns, you will want to be prepared roster wise if your top reciever is going to be out for the year. If he doesn't get a year long suspension, that should significantly affect what you do before Saturdays cutdowns.

Yup, most definitely. The NFL would be doing these teams a giant disservice by keeping them in the dark until the very last moment. Doesn't seem fair.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by mayo49:
No Aldon suspension today.

He's gonna get suspended right before kickoff vs. the Cowboys.

"san francisco wins the toss, Aldon has been suspended 6 games"
IMO, I don't think that Aldon is going to miss any time, just game checks. I say that because Aldon can still appeal the suspension after it comes down from Goodell. If Roger was going to suspend him I think it would have happened earlier.

Gordon is taking this long, because it is the arbitrator deciding the case and Gordon can not appeal his ruling(I think).

Chris
Originally posted by RonMexico:
"san francisco wins the toss

Aldon has been suspended 6 games"

This petition is gaining some traction.

http://www.change.org/p/roger-goodell-nflcommish-set-consistent-punishment-guidelines-for-nfl-players-who-commit-violence-against-women
Originally posted by BrianGO:

http://www.change.org/p/roger-goodell-nflcommish-set-consistent-punishment-guidelines-for-nfl-players-who-commit-violence-against-women

130k+ signatures. Not too shabby.

Regardless, that precedent has been set. Violence against women = 2 game suspension. If Aldon get's more than a 2-game suspension, it would be a complete outrage. Even 2 games is an outrage. I say 1-game tops or appeal the s**t out of it.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Regardless, that precedent has been set. Violence against women = 2 game suspension. If Aldon get's more than a 2-game suspension, it would be a complete outrage. Even 2 games is an outrage. I say 1-game tops or appeal the s**t out of it.

That's the point. The bigger an issue "NFL violence against woman," and violence in general, becomes, the more difficult it will be for them to give Aldon a worse punishment than a player who is violent.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Aug 26, 2014 at 6:09 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

That's the point. The bigger an issue "NFL violence against woman," and violence in general, becomes, the more difficult it will be for them to give Aldon a worse punishment than a player who is violent.

agreed. From what I hear if it takes this long, its usually cuz they don't want player to appeal= work out a deal. Ok Aldon don't appeal and we will make it 6 games minus 5 u missed last year......one game only! we can only hope.
Honestly, the longer we wait, the more likely the suspension is better for Aldon and SF.
I heard Goodell is going to hand out the suspension right before Aldon's hall of fame speech.

he will be suspended 1 game and 1 game only

i guarantee it

i guarantee it

Jerry Jones pullin' all the strings.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Honestly, the longer we wait, the more likely the suspension is better for Aldon and SF.

Agree
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

i guarantee it

Jerry Jones pullin' all the strings.

Right, because if they suspend him longer, he will appeal, and likely play against Dallas. However, if it's one game, they probably don't appeal and he won't play against Dallas.

Jones knows all the angles.
I don't think Aldon misses the SNF inaugural game, I just don't see it happening.
Share 49ersWebzone