There are 160 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Disp:
Yeah you would think they'd owe it to the team to make the decision today since cuts are coming next week.

Cuts won't affect Smith or Gordon though.

They could affect who the team keeps I mean. If Gordon is out for a year maybe the Browns keep an extra receiver. If he's out 6 games maybe not.

^^ This. Wtf is taking so long? Teams need to know so that they can make the proper adjustments.

My guess? Teams already know, they are just dragging out the press release.
And we wait another week
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
And we wait another week

Unbelievable......
Originally posted by TheSilverFox1971:
And we wait another week

Unbelievable......

Are you really surprised? Marshawn Lynch has been waiting for over a year.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for TheSilverFox1971.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Are you really surprised? Marshawn Lynch has been waiting for over a year.

Annoyed more than anything. It wouldn't be fair to rule on this in the back half of the season. Any team with a player in this situation should get a timely ruling.
Originally posted by TheSilverFox1971:
And we wait another week

Unbelievable......

Yup. We have to prepare our guys accordingly. The game plan changes with aldin out...

Only a dipshet like goodell who never plays and probably doesn't even know the game would think its no big deal to push a decision this close to week 1.

Fuggin idiot.

Hi Mr. Commissioner. Remember me?
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Just came here to post this.

Mah doot.
Maybe we will find out an hour before kickoff on our first game against the Cowboys.
It's pretty obvious we are waiting because Ray Rice got two games for knocking out his wife. How do you justify giving Aldon or anyone else especially if it's pot related more games than a guy who knocked out his wife on film? Because of the s**t storm that created they are trying to put as much distance between Rice and these other cases as they can but that's going to be impossible. Aldon missed 5 games on his own the commish isn't going to triple the punishment he gave Rice. Can you imagine that backlash? He gets four games tops. Maybe it was 6-8 a couple weeks ago until they thought about how that looked. Not to mention Irsay. Nothing has been done!!! Nothing will be done the owners run the commish. Suspending an owner games??? Come on that's just embarrassing. I disagree with a lot of people I think Aldon and Josh are in good spots especially Aldon who looked for help.

Can you imagine Aldon getting 6-8 games the media's first question would be why did a guy who got help missed 5 games on his own get more time than an owner who is selling and taking prescription pain killers (who hasn't been punished yet at all by the way and should be losing draft picks because I can't remember the last time a team who was missing it's owner at a game said that was the root factor in the loss today) and a star RB who decided to release his own reality show momma said knock you out!!!???

The women in this country would never accept a guy beating his wife on film getting 2 games while low level drug and weapons offenses and DUI's (which is horrible but hurt nobody but himself) get 6-8 games or over a year in Gordon's situation. That would be worse PR for Goodell and with everything else that has happened the last year with the concussion cases etc. that's the last thing he needs. Then on top of that if Irsay get's off light people will say it's racial and Goodell devalues women. And you know maybe people would be right. I don't know what happens to Gordon but I think Aldon gets 2-4 games and the commish will spin it by saying Aldon got help missed 5 games on his own and the intent of the NFL is to correct behavior not punish it. Maybe I'm wrong wouldn't be the first time but that's my guess.

Originally posted by Ninerz4Life:
It's pretty obvious we are waiting because Ray Rice got two games for knocking out his wife. How do you justify giving Aldon or anyone else especially if it's pot related more games than a guy who knocked out his wife on film? Because of the s**t storm that created they are trying to put as much distance between Rice and these other cases as they can but that's going to be impossible. Aldon missed 5 games on his own the commish isn't going to triple the punishment he gave Rice. Can you imagine that backlash? He gets four games tops. Maybe it was 6-8 a couple weeks ago until they thought about how that looked. Not to mention Irsay. Nothing has been done!!! Nothing will be done the owners run the commish. Suspending an owner games??? Come on that's just embarrassing. I disagree with a lot of people I think Aldon and Josh are in good spots especially Aldon who looked for help.

Can you imagine Aldon getting 6-8 games the media's first question would be why did a guy who got help missed 5 games on his own get more time than an owner who is selling and taking prescription pain killers (who hasn't been punished yet at all by the way and should be losing draft picks because I can't remember the last time a team who was missing it's owner at a game said that was the root factor in the loss today) and a star RB who decided to release his own reality show momma said knock you out!!!???

The women in this country would never accept a guy beating his wife on film getting 2 games while low level drug and weapons offenses and DUI's (which is horrible but hurt nobody but himself) get 6-8 games or over a year in Gordon's situation. That would be worse PR for Goodell and with everything else that has happened the last year with the concussion cases etc. that's the last thing he needs. Then on top of that if Irsay get's off light people will say it's racial and Goodell devalues women. And you know maybe people would be right. I don't know what happens to Gordon but I think Aldon gets 2-4 games and the commish will spin it by saying Aldon got help missed 5 games on his own and the intent of the NFL is to correct behavior not punish it. Maybe I'm wrong wouldn't be the first time but that's my guess.

You make good points, but I don't think Smith gets 2-4 games on top of the five he voluntarily took. Even for Goodell, that'd be insane. My guess is they'll announce his four game "suspension" and credit him for the time he missed last year. And more than likely he'll be fined on top of that.
Originally posted by Ninerz4Life:
Obviously Ray Rice's infraction is way worse, nobody is disputing that. The problem is that Aldon Smith has had countless incidents (a DUI [pleaded down to reckless driving], another DUI, the weapons charge, the airport incident, etc). It's the fact that he keeps shooting himself in the foot that's the problem. He's a repeat offender.

As a Niners fan, I sure as hell hope the suspension is ultimately minor, but as an objective observer I certainly am not going to have any pity for him if he does end up losing a lot of games/money out of this.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Ha ha. Classic. So many good quotes from that movie.
If Goodell waits this long and still suspends Aldon a few games (in addition to the games he missed last yr) then he's just straight f**king with out our team.

The fair thing would be 2 to 8 games suspension with credit for the 5 games he missed.
My biggest fear with the whole thing is about the airport incident. If Aldon tells the comish that he's been sober since rehab and they investigate and it turns out he wasn't that could really effect his suspension.
Share 49ersWebzone