LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by 60sFan:
This is not wishful thinking. I believe the Niners have been told that there will be no additional games lost due to the self imposed 5 games voluntarily lost. Goodall wants to announce it when the timing will cause the least backlash to the league. Probably waiting for a big enough story to break that will take attention away from his decision.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
There will never be an announcement. Goodell has decided not to punish Aldon, but he doesn't want the backlash, so he's just going to let it go away. Remember that Marshawn Lynch guy?

This may be the case.

Last week at halftime of the one of the games Mort said the Niners organization was growing frustrated that a decision hasn't been made yet. And that they wanted to hear something before week 3 of pre season so they can give Lemonier and Skuta more 1st team reps if needed. Hope yall theory is the correct one though. .
Originally posted by lamontb:
This is not wishful thinking. I believe the Niners have been told that there will be no additional games lost due to the self imposed 5 games voluntarily lost. Goodall wants to announce it when the timing will cause the least backlash to the league. Probably waiting for a big enough story to break that will take attention away from his decision.
There will never be an announcement. Goodell has decided not to punish Aldon, but he doesn't want the backlash, so he's just going to let it go away. Remember that Marshawn Lynch guy?

This may be the case.

Last week at halftime of the one of the games Mort said the Niners organization was growing frustrated that a decision hasn't been made yet. And that they wanted to hear something before week 3 of pre season so they can give Lemonier and Skuta more 1st team reps if needed. Hope yall theory is the correct one though. .

Or they have already told the niners but said to keep it quiet.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Definitely possible.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This may be the case.

Or mort is making s**t up
I haven't read far enough back on this thread to know, but I don't recollect anyone questioning the hoopla made about how great Aldon has looked in camp. Granted, he hasn't played much this preseason, but when he has, has he really been applying the kind of pressure one would expect based on all the gushing? The same could be said about the D-line in general. They were supposed to be so dominant in camp, but I'm not seeing a great deal of pressure on opposing QB's thus far. We better start matching up to all the hyperbole, or we're in deep doo-doo (and yeah, I know the starters haven't all been there at the same time yet).
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I haven't read far enough back on this thread to know, but I don't recollect anyone questioning the hoopla made about how great Aldon has looked in camp. Granted, he hasn't played much this preseason, but when he has, has he really been applying the kind of pressure one would expect based on all the gushing? The same could be said about the D-line in general. They were supposed to be so dominant in camp, but I'm not seeing a great deal of pressure on opposing QB's thus far. We better start matching up to all the hyperbole, or we're in deep doo-doo (and yeah, I know the starters haven't all been there at the same time yet).

Lol weve seen Aldon play 48 REAL games. I think he will be alright. But hey I guess we can bite our nails based on 15 snaps and worry about him regressing.
Originally posted by Tman:

This is the one I believe!!

Peyton gets the ball out in 1.7 seconds. You beat him with coverage, until you slow his process. Then you beat him up. Vanilla defense will never get a hit on Pey Pey.
Originally posted by Tman:

"the press would never make sh!t up," professed Jim Harbaugh, head coach of the Miami Dolphins.

Its preseason. You don't go all out in preseason if you are a sure fire starter.

Also, he may have just been testing some new moves and getting his legs underneath him.

Naw I think Roger on vacation chilling. They still haven't' decided on Josh Gordon either and he met with Roger before Aldon did.

Bit of a different situation though.

The last part in parenthesis about sums it up. The first team isn't really playing and even if when do, there is NO game planning whatsoever.

People are making way more of this than necessary.
[ Edited by baltien on Aug 20, 2014 at 9:23 AM ]
Tomorrow is the day!!!!
Originally posted by ring_less:
Tomorrow is the day!!!!

Would be nice
I say just leave the man alone and let him play football.
Share 49ersWebzone