There are 247 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
When I saw the Headline, i literally crapped my pants!

Glad he's ok and I hope his friend gets well.

But in all seriousness, I hope his driver recovers and Aldon does not have any latent problems stem from this.
damn, this dude is playing with death....

officially worried
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

officially worried

Wasn't his fault though they swerved to avoid hitting a deer.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He might have to learn the hard way.
Originally posted by mayo49:

A dead LB does us no good
Originally posted by BayArea:

officially worried

bad luck, bad decisions just seem to follow this kid
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by mayo49:

A dead LB does us no good

I'm not talking about him as a linebacker. I talking about him as a person.
Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Los Altos area on highway 280. Pitch black, didn't expect a deer in the middle of the highway. I swerved out of the way and lost control of the vehicle. Very narrowly avoided a serious accident. It wasn't like I was driving recklessly either.

Aldon did nothing wrong. Just s**t luck.
Originally posted by BayArea:

officially worried

bad luck, bad decisions just seem to follow this kid

Hopefully this was the last one.
Just hit the bas.tard next time!

Bad luck vs good luck.... I don't know. When you put yourself constantly in possible bad luck situations it will happen. When you constantly expect the worst and hope for the best, you will a lot of times avoid a bad situation and call your self lucky, but
In reality you prepared your self and it wasn't that lucky, but more preparation. Hope his friend gets better soon.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Los Altos area on highway 280. Pitch black, didn't expect a deer in the middle of the highway. I swerved out of the way and lost control of the vehicle. Very narrowly avoided a serious accident. It wasn't like I was driving recklessly either.

Aldon did nothing wrong. Just s**t luck.

Same here. I blasted a deer with my car. I tried to swerve, but the F'er changed directions on me and ran right into my right headlight. Dented my hood, busted my bumper panel and caused $2,600 worth of damage. Thank God for full coverage, only had to pay $100.

And Aldon isn't to blame this time. He wasn't even the one driving. Like you said, just s**t luck. Doesn't seem to be his year so far, except for playing some football.
Anyway, back to football. Saw this from the article:

Quote:
Smith, 22, played every defensive snap of Sunday's game and finished with seven tackles, a sack, a tackle for loss and a quarterback hit.

Does anybody know what the count is on the position breakdown he lined up at?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Anyway, back to football. Saw this from the article:

Quote:
Smith, 22, played every defensive snap of Sunday's game and finished with seven tackles, a sack, a tackle for loss and a quarterback hit.

Does anybody know what the count is on the position breakdown he lined up at?

No idea on the positional breakdown, but he did seem to play DE a lot. But he should be credited with 2 sacks. Because one of Brooks' sacks got overturned (on the play were Stafford ran backwards even farther after being down already and Detroit challenged the play and won the first sack.)

Not sure if and when they'll fix it, but that was all Aldon.
I'm not buying it. Why if someone goes to a trauma center with a broken back would you say that both parties walked away from the crash, no injuries, everything's good. Maybe it was just as they said, an accident caused avoiding a deer, but why lie about the injuries? Also, the comment he made in Barrows article ... if I saw a pattern of bad behavior from a teammate but they were performing on the field, I wouldn't care (paraphrasing). This guy has bad judgment.
Share 49ersWebzone