There are 236 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• buck
  • Veteran
49ers OLB Aldon Smith was sentenced 12 days in jail on gun charges, which were reduced from felony to misdemeanors by a judge on Friday.

He won't see any actual jail time. The 12-day sentence can be served on Monday work crews starting July 28, which is five days after the 49ers report to training camp. It's a best case scenario for Smith, allowing to miss zero time during the season, and very little camp. Smith is still facing a multi-game suspension from the NFL for his off-field transgressions. We suspect he'll be banned between four and six games with the possibility of a pre-season reduction.

Source: Tracey Kaplan on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/290183/vikings-suspend-st-coach-priefer-3-games
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's a lucky boy that Aldon.
  • buck
  • Veteran
"The 49ers organization is aware of today's proceedings," Niners general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement. "We are pleased that Aldon has moved past this phase of the process, and will support any action the NFL may take with respect to this matter. The organization will continue to support Aldon's efforts to grow personally from this experience."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000366062/article/aldon-smith-receives-12day-sentence-probation
  • buck
  • Veteran
The judge noted that Smith has no criminal record involving violence, but warned the 24-year-old football star that if he violates any of terms of his probation, he will be sent to jail for 11 days.

Prosecutors said Smith didn't receive special treatment in the case.

"In the end, we treated Aldon like any other person in similar circumstances," Santa Clara County District Attorney Brian Buckelew said. "We're optimistic that the punishment will be sufficient to get him on the right track."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11233181/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-do-part-work-crew
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Originally posted by Giedi:
That's my hope, just like the guy who stabbed him got credit for being in jail. 2-4 game suspension, well he served that last year plus one.

Maybe he gets only 3 game suspension and then he has a couple saved up like, get out of jail free cards in monopoly for when he screws up again??

I wish it worked out that way, heh, but no. If Aldon shoplifts some donuts, he's going to jail unfortunately.
Roger is about that $$$. Now when he first became commish he made and example of a lot of cats! Mainly because the NFL had a bad stigma for players getting trouble with the law. His agenda now is making money and reducing player injuries and head trauma. Since week one is an away game and non-primetime, I think he will make Aldon sit that game for sure. He will make it a two game, knowing if Aldon appeals he will get it reduced. So basically when you add 5 from last year and one from this year you get 6 games that he sat, plus all the fines and penalties from the court, and a fine from the NFL.
Does anyone know the Vegas over/under on how many games suspension?
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Does anyone know the Vegas over/under on how many games suspension?

I'm in vegas right now I'll check :)
With the sentencing complete anyone want to venture when the NFL comes down with their punishment? I would suspect soon.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
With the sentencing complete anyone want to venture when the NFL comes down with their punishment? I would suspect soon.

I'd suspect so... Goodell will want to get it over with before the opening home game, week 2.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Dude gets stabbed twice, and then served with weapons chargers in the same night! Gotta love California, I hear in Beverly Hills they'll just arrest yo ass for being thrown through a window in a public area!

lol..that image of Eddie Murphy being tossed out is in my head now.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
I would be surprised if aldon gets more then 2 games, goodell already said last years rehab stint would lessen his punishment
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Dude gets stabbed twice, and then served with weapons chargers in the same night! Gotta love California, I hear in Beverly Hills they'll just arrest yo ass for being thrown through a window in a public area!

Do you want the lemon twist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaQUjbc2-YU

Lmao.......

"We're not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ORtwWVbqhs

Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Sooo glad Aldon and we as a fanbase are getting closer to putting this in the rearview mirror. Hope the likely suspension is minimal considering the games he already missed. I also hope dude takes this lesson seriously, grows the f**k up and doesnt do ANY more b******t.

Amen!
Originally posted by FaTaL:
I would be surprised if aldon gets more then 2 games, goodell already said last years rehab stint would lessen his punishment

Yeah but that was before he brought a bomb into the airport
If he doesn't get a suspension handed down this week I don't think he'll get one at all
Share 49ersWebzone