LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Now that this is all seemingly behind him, I'm rooting for him to keep this nonsense behind him. I hope he takes advantage of this outcome and really gets/keeps his life on track and of course if he wants to throw in 15+ Sacks this season I wouldn't complain
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 18, 2014 at 4:41 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Goodell is going to look at very time Aldon has been involved in an incident which brought negative public attention to league and it players.

Here is what Goodell will consider:

Negatives

3 misdemeanor gun charges

1 misdemeanor DUI

1 misdemeanor reckless driving

1 house party with knifing and shots fired

2-civil suites

1 run-in with TSA

Positives

No contest plea = accepting responsibility

Rehab time =accepting responsibility

Apology to the Court for his actions=accepting responsibility

Settling one civil suit= accepting responsibility

40 plus days of work detail and community service

Drinking prohibited by the court for three years

At this point, I have changed my mind about the NFL suspension. I no longer think that Aldon should be suspended by the league.

I think that the punishment from the courts is sufficient.

Aldon is paying 40 days of work plus three years of probation.

There is no need to add to the time that he is losing.

He did the crime and he is doing the time.

But, I still feel a 1 to 3 game suspension is possible.

I think they might factor in that he was checked into a rehab center last season and missed 4 games. They might want to dock his pay for 4 games, but he already missed several games.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Hey just think of it as he'll be rehabbing on about the same timeline is Bowman is or do you guys think the league will suspend him indefinitely until he's completed his probation and whatnot. Man this is f***ed up.

Absolutely not.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think they might factor in that he was checked into a rehab center last season and missed 4 games. They might want to dock his pay for 4 games, but he already missed several games.

Good point.

I think the rehab, itself, is the major consideration, but yes the 4 games missed do make it more even more significant.

[ Edited by buck on Jul 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM ]
Hey just think of it as he'll be rehabbing on about the same timeline is Bowman is or do you guys think the league will suspend him indefinitely until he's completed his probation and whatnot. Man this is f***ed up.

Absolutely not.

what the heck is Jok talking about
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Absolutely not.

Lol seriously just pulling stuff out of thin air
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Absolutely not.

I have no idea.

Suspending him until his probation ends would mean a three year suspension.

The would make Draco look like a bleeding heart liberal.

Originally posted by 9erred:

He has missed more games than anybody in the history of the league for his DUI. So that has been more than taken care of.

Rape gets you 6 games.
Assaulting people gets you 3 games.
Owning weapons for self defense gets you ??? games.

BTW. No one has ever been suspended for owning weapons. So we'll see what the NFL's policy on gun ownership is.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Anyone think goodell will NOT suspend him with this outcome or is it isn't such a crap shoot with goodell?

They have to analyze what Dick and Jane will think about it, and also the psychological trauma it will cause little Timmy.

No one has ever been suspended for owning weapons.
Well I'm relieved that he's not actually going to jail but will be able to serve that time on a work crew which I think is the best outcome considering. I was just thinking worst-case scenario with the NFL so that's why I expected 8-game to one-year suspension but it sounds like most everyone else believes it will be 4 games tops.

Originally posted by spraked:
What I see the league doing is a 4 game suspension. They will let the time he missed in rehab count toward the 4 games.

Since he was not suspended by the team he was still getting paid last year.

The suspension makes him pay a fine and the league gets to say it is no joking on DUI's but supports players and teams that try to help players get "better".

No joking on DUI's? There are a ton of players who have had DUI's, including Ray McDonald and Jeff Garcia.

Marshawn lynch nearly collided with several cars on the freeway while swerving through lanes intoxicated. He hasn't received s**t.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jul 18, 2014 at 5:05 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
But that thug who tried to stab him can and will continue to drink alcohol and own firearms (oh ya, and knives).

The dude did not try to stab Aldon, he stabbed Aldon twice.

The knifeman was already on parole.

Carrying the knife was a parole violation and enough to send him back to the pen.

Not only di he carry the knife he used it to stab someone. That is felonious assault.

Two majors against the dude and he is still on the street. I am pretty that is a gang-banger.

What gives?

I would guess that he is still on the street because he is confidential informant for office in the anti-gang unit.

In other words, the dude must be a snitch--and a good one.

Well I'm relieved that he's not actually going to jail but will be able to serve that time on a work crew which I think is the best outcome considering. I was just thinking worst-case scenario with the NFL so that's why I expected 8-game to one-year suspension but it sounds like most everyone else believes it will be 4 games tops.

If there is any kind of unprecedented suspension for this non-sense, it will be appealed.
The dude did not try to stab Aldon, he stabbed Aldon twice.

The knifeman was already on parole.

Carrying the knife was a parole violation and enough to send him back to the pen.

Not only di he carry the knife he used it to stab someone. That is felonious assault.

Two majors against the dude and he is still on the street. I am pretty that is a gang-banger.

What gives?

I would guess that he is still on the street because he is confidential informant for office in the anti-gang unit.

In other words, the dude must be a snitch--and a good one.

Well, he "cut" him. I am assuming he was trying to stab him. I don't know what the legal difference is.

But, in either case, I doubt he is facing a suspension from his employer.

The reason he is still on the street is probably because they don't have enough room in the prison system.
Dude gets stabbed twice, and then served with weapons chargers in the same night! Gotta love California, I hear in Beverly Hills they'll just arrest yo ass for being thrown through a window in a public area!
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jul 18, 2014 at 5:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone