There are 158 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by buck:
I just think that Aldon needs to pay and that actually paying will be best for him in the long run.

Pay for what? Breaking the law?

What if the law said that he couldn't drink from a water fountain in a white neighborhood. Should he be suspended for that too? Or in that case, should we ignore the law?

Aldon Smith should pay for his DUI, don't you think?

If Aldon Smith had stated that he intentionally broke the California law on these magazine buttons as a protest against the law's violation of his second amendment rights, I would more than likely support him.

But, he has not made any such a statement.

Generally speaking when a person brakes a law they pay, and should expect to pay for their actions.

If I think that a law is stupid, say the marijuana control laws, I will bring them. If I am stupid enough to be caught, I will pay for my stupidity--and I will not waste time complaining.

I think that his gun charges should be lowered to misdemeanors and that Aldon should receive a minimum sentence; no jail time, a fine, community service, and maybe no probation. I do not think that the charges should have been felony charges.

Given the number of instances requiring the presence of the police, incidents not charges, paying a minimum penalty of a two or three games does not seem excessive.

[ Edited by buck on Jul 8, 2014 at 10:34 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Serious B, these guys want him tared and feathered and tied to a post in the middle of town...just so he can learn his lesson

Tarred and feathered and tied to a post???

Who dem guys?

Serious B, these guys want him tared and feathered and tied to a post in the middle of town...just so he can learn his lesson

When the he hasn't really done anything crazy

That attitude is why he keeps acting dumb. If you dont take anything seriously, you will keep acting like an idiot. He needs to learn a lesson ASAP so the behavior stops once and for all. Do we really want to go into next off season waiting for the next incident? He needs to act like Willis and go fishing or something.

The idea that somebody else has been worse, so his actions aren't bad is borderline juvenile. Are we really going to make that excuse when people (around here) have been waiting for Lynch to get his suspension for years? Would any of us say PED use isn't that big of a deal when Ray Lewis killed somebody?
Originally posted by jreff22:

That attitude is why he keeps acting dumb. If you dont take anything seriously, you will keep acting like an idiot. He needs to learn a lesson ASAP so the behavior stops once and for all. Do we really want to go into next off season waiting for the next incident? He needs to act like Willis and go fishing or something.

The idea that somebody else has been worse, so his actions aren't bad is borderline juvenile. Are we really going to make that excuse when people (around here) have been waiting for Lynch to get his suspension for years? Would any of us say PED use isn't that big of a deal when Ray Lewis killed somebody?
you are forgetting that he is going to get sentanced by the Court of Law....that will keep him from acting dumb and that will be his lesson.

Rightfully Aldon doesn't need to get a NFL suspension.

Ray Lewis didn't kill anyone, went through court and never put himself in any situation again.

PED is cheating a one of the NFL laws and deserves suspension
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 9, 2014 at 7:33 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

While I share buck's view on most of this, I really couldn't care less about whether he deserves to be punished by the courts/NFL or not. I'm no judge/jury, what Aldon has done is his business. All I was saying is that I think Roger Goodell will suspend him longer than most on here think. I still think 4 games.

Obviously, if it's 1 or 2 games like most people on here are surmising, then great! I'm just not going to expect that outcome.

Actually, I have no real solid idea of what to expect. I do not assume that what we know is all that there is to know.

The decisions that court and the league make will be based upon more than information, both positive and negative, than we have.

We will see; the sooner, the better.
[ Edited by buck on Jul 9, 2014 at 7:48 AM ]
I just think that Aldon needs to pay and that actually paying will be best for him in the long run.

What if the law said that he couldn't drink from a water fountain in a white neighborhood. Should he be suspended for that too? Or in that case, should we ignore the law?

If Aldon Smith had stated that he intentionally broke the California law on these magazine buttons as a protest against the law's violation of his second amendment rights, I would more than likely support him.

Generally speaking when a person brakes a law they pay, and should expect to pay for their actions.

If I think that a law is stupid, say the marijuana control laws, I will bring them. If I am stupid enough to be caught, I will pay for my stupidity--and I will not waste time complaining.

I think that his gun charges should be lowered to misdemeanors and that Aldon should receive a minimum sentence; no jail time, a fine, community service, and maybe no probation. I do not think that the charges should have been felony charges.

Given the number of instances requiring the presence of the police, incidents not charges, paying a minimum penalty of a two or three games does not seem excessive.

Bolded, so do you feel that you should also be suspended from your Job ?
It's been almost 2 weeks since the end of OTA's and no reports on anything about Aldon. This is a miracle.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
It's been almost 2 weeks since the end of OTA's and no reports on anything about Aldon. This is a miracle.

who knows ...maybe Aldon will dodge a bullet and not receive any discipline from the league ...but I wouldn't be surprised if we took care of this in house and sat him down for a couple games ...our front office has been preaching accountability and might deal with this themselves if the league doesn't suspend Aldon
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

who knows ...maybe Aldon will dodge a bullet and not receive any discipline from the league ...but I wouldn't be surprised if we took care of this in house and sat him down for a couple games ...our front office has been preaching accountability and might deal with this themselves if the league doesn't suspend Aldon
they did that last year for 5 games, more then the normal DUI suspension which is around 4 games or less

they did that last year for 5 games, more then the normal DUI suspension which is around 4 games or less

yup ...our front office wont hesitate to discipline one of our players, even if he is a vital part of the team, even with Aldon not being charged with any infractions due to the LAX incident, our front office will still take measures to make sure there are consequences in place if any of our players continue to behave badly and bring negative attention to the team

• buck
  • Veteran

Bolded, so do you feel that you should also be suspended from your Job ?

I have never had a job where I would be suspended for a violation of the marijuana laws.

Every player in the league, knows before his starts playing in the NFL that violations of the marijuana can be grounds for a suspension.

If I took a job at a company that had the same rule and I got busted for violating the marijuana laws, I would expect to be suspended.

• buck
  • Veteran

The team did not suspend Aldon Smith last year.

A player who is suspended does not get paid. Aldon Smith was paid for the time that he was in rehab.

The league will take his entry into the rehab program into account because it shows a good faith effort on Aldon Smith's part to solve the problem.

I would assume that going into the rehab center was expensive, and that Aldon paid the expenses.

So, the rehab did have a negative impact on his finances.
Originally posted by jreff22:

you are forgetting that he is going to get sentanced by the Court of Law....that will keep him from acting dumb and that will be his lesson.

Rightfully Aldon doesn't need to get a NFL suspension.

Ray Lewis didn't kill anyone, went through court and never put himself in any situation again.

PED is cheating a one of the NFL laws and deserves suspension

He's rich, which means he can hire a great attorney. When a celebrity gets in trouble they get a slap on the wrist, and the stupidity continues. An actual suspension will make him lose a substantial amount of cash, that gets attention. Let me be clear, I dont want him suspended or in jail. What I do want is for him to grow up and act responsible. The excuse that he's young and this is somehow normal, isn't an excuse. We were all young once and I doubt any of us were collecting DUI's and weapon charges. The only off season news I want to hear from our guys is workout reports, marriage announcements, and charity events. Removing the crazy b***h situation from Kap's off-season only leaves us with workout reports and charity events...I can live with that.
Liz Mullen ‏@SBJLizMullen 2m
San Francisco 49ers LB Aldon Smith has left CAA Sports.

Originally posted by crabman82:
Liz Mullen ‏@SBJLizMullen 2m
San Francisco 49ers LB Aldon Smith has left CAA Sports.

was just about to post this, I wonder if this means he'll be next years hold out wanting a long term deal
Share 49ersWebzone