LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by English:
SMH. Utterly illogical.

Let's get back to the subject.

I'll still be very, very surprised if they let Aldon Smith get away. I keep reading that Jed talks to his uncle and we know what Eddie thinks in hindsight about letting a crazy pass-rushing force go somewhere else in the league. In fact, I know they only have a little over a week left to make the decision, but I'll be surprised if they don't exercise his fifth year option.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Christ...what a beast. You guys sure you want him gone?.....LOL

6-year extension

That's what I'm talking about. A guy with more sacks in his first two years than anyone else in league history simply doesn't come along very often.
Originally posted by BobS:
Now you confuse me, from the way you are arguing I would make the wrong assumption that you were one of those anti-gun people who could not tell the difference between a .177 C02 pellet pistol or a 9mm S&W if it was pointed right in your face. I think you and I disagree on ballistics evidence from firing guns in the air. I don't automatically believe anything I see in print unless personal experience backs it up. I live on 10 wooded acres where I can legally shoot off my back porch. I do not hunt and just let all the critters around me be. I do enjoy target shooting at intimate objects. The last thing I killed was my failed water heater, I had to drain the water out of it somehow before I hauled it to the dump, why not shoot it a few hundred times? Anyway if had 4 square miles of flat ground I would conduct my own firing in the air gun's test, since I don't I have to believe what I Google for and watched on a Myth-Busters episode. Being a calm person who usually reacts correctly in an emergency situation I despise people who panic, but most people will. I have seen people lose their mind and run around screaming just because a bee is flying by. What happens if that same prone to panic person is driving a car down the highway and the windshield gets shattered by a bullet falling from the sky? Let alone studies that show a bullet fired up can pierce bone (rare) or flesh (not so rare).

Sorry, not trying to confuse anyone, just trying to clarify, at least in my own mind. If I were anti-gun, across the board, I would be arguing that Aldon was wrong to fire a gun in any direction, ever, at all. And I don't agree with that position.

I also don't agree with charging him with felony counts of illegally possessing firearms that he legally purchased in another state, that were legal to own and purchase in that state. He should be given an opportunity to modify the weapons once he found out that they did not comply with California requirements.
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Apr 24, 2014 at 12:38 PM ]
Aldon Smith Drunk-32 games 33.5 sacks
Aldon Smith Sober-11 games 8.5 sacks
You've all probably seen the latest news from LA. Does anyone really think the Niners are going to let the best pass rusher in the league go over a misdemeanor? Let's get into the real world here.
Now you confuse me, from the way you are arguing I would make the wrong assumption that you were one of those anti-gun people who could not tell the difference between a .177 C02 pellet pistol or a 9mm S&W if it was pointed right in your face. I think you and I disagree on ballistics evidence from firing guns in the air. I don't automatically believe anything I see in print unless personal experience backs it up. I live on 10 wooded acres where I can legally shoot off my back porch. I do not hunt and just let all the critters around me be. I do enjoy target shooting at intimate objects. The last thing I killed was my failed water heater, I had to drain the water out of it somehow before I hauled it to the dump, why not shoot it a few hundred times? Anyway if had 4 square miles of flat ground I would conduct my own firing in the air gun's test, since I don't I have to believe what I Google for and watched on a Myth-Busters episode. Being a calm person who usually reacts correctly in an emergency situation I despise people who panic, but most people will. I have seen people lose their mind and run around screaming just because a bee is flying by. What happens if that same prone to panic person is driving a car down the highway and the windshield gets shattered by a bullet falling from the sky? Let alone studies that show a bullet fired up can pierce bone (rare) or flesh (not so rare).

Originally posted by KegBert:

http://intimateobjects.wordpress.com/
Originally posted by crake49:

6-year extension

That's what I'm talking about. A guy with more sacks in his first two years than anyone else in league history simply doesn't come along very often.

How many niner fans actually want aldon gone? I know there is a rather vocal minority on this site that do but I would be willing to bet if you polled the average niner fan that they would want him to stay. I mean the guy is one of the best if not the best pass rushers in the game and he is coming along as an all around beast OLB, against the pass or the run. No way the 49er brass doens't pick up his option.
Just a misdemeanor? Pick up that option
Originally posted by English:
SMH. Utterly illogical.

Let's get back to the subject.

I'll still be very, very surprised if they let Aldon Smith get away. I keep reading that Jed talks to his uncle and we know what Eddie thinks in hindsight about letting a crazy pass-rushing force go somewhere else in the league. In fact, I know they only have a little over a week left to make the decision, but I'll be surprised if they don't exercise his fifth year option.
i say keep him, until he can't be kept by anyone

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:

6-year extension

How many niner fans actually want aldon gone? I know there is a rather vocal minority on this site that do but I would be willing to bet if you polled the average niner fan that they would want him to stay. I mean the guy is one of the best if not the best pass rushers in the game and he is coming along as an all around beast OLB, against the pass or the run. No way the 49er brass doens't pick up his option.

I don't think many people want him gone, they just want him to get his s**t together. If he stays out of trouble for the rest of his career (big "if") he'll probably go down as the best defensive player we've ever had.
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Jd925:
TSA Searching 2 and 6 Year Old Children.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7c4_1398208550

Molesting children every single day...

Condition them at a young age to believe it is OK to submit themselves to searches without probable cause. That way, when they are adults, they won't complain about it if they are getting arrested at a McDonald's.

Yeah this is all just conditioning. Too bad these children will grow up more likely to submit to authority and frankly get molested/abused/raped later in life.
Whole thing is absolutely unconstitutional and violates the 4th amendment in the US Constitution and Article I Sec. 13 of the State Constitution. Technically you need a warrant based on oath and affirmation from a judge AND probably cause for a search, so these searches (and even police searches) are unconstitutional. Most people voluntarily comply which is the problem.. This whole TSA thing is all psychological and serves no real practical purpose. The government wants people to be molested and show the world so people are conditioned to accept it. They want people humiliated with nude X-ray machines for the same reason and it empowers them when no one fights back.

Aldon just flipped the script with what people are supposed to do with the TSA. He probably had no intention about fighting for the people. He was just manning up because he knew what he had to go through was wrong. It's wrong at the airport. It's wrong at home. It's wrong in the streets he grew up. I support Aldon 100% on this one and he deserves a medal of courage and honor for standing up for himself.

Anyways we'll see what happens... the government and LAPD probably don't want to risk it too much to expose themselves and the TSA racket, so they'll probably try to make Aldon look guilty somehow and not press it that far legally..
Aldon getting off with just a slap on the wrist from the district attorney. Let's hope the NFL and the Niners lay the hammer down with a suspension to finally wake this kid up.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Just a misdemeanor? Pick up that option

This. The upcoming hearing for his DUI is far more significant than this recent incident (albeit quite embarrassing) at LAX.
Originally posted by thl408:
Naw but...

This is how Aldon handles a weakass double team block.

6-year extension

You can't maul him, he's too fast and strong.

You can't cut him, he's to agile.

You can chip him, too fast and strong.

All you can do against Aldon is tell your QB to watch out beacase he is coming!
Share 49ersWebzone