LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Jd925:
TSA Searching 2 and 6 Year Old Children.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7c4_1398208550

Molesting children every single day...

This is a rather stupid comment I am afraid. Children and babies have been used as mules by terrorists on a number of occasions.
i didn't read the article but i doubt we have caught anyone in the use of trying to pass a bomb through a toddler or baby..like they try to do in third world countries
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

This is a rather stupid comment I am afraid. Children and babies have been used as mules by terrorists on a number of occasions.
i didn't read the article but i doubt we have caught anyone in the use of trying to pass a bomb through a toddler or baby..like they try to do in third world countries

That isn't the point. The point is, if you allow a specified vulnerability you can expect someone to exploit it.

That isn't the point. The point is, if you allow a specified vulnerability you can expect someone to exploit it.
it pretty much is the point, Don't think we have had a real terrorist that had a bomb on their person or their carry on or even tried to use a kid as one ever.

The System has been working just fine
it pretty much is the point, Don't think we have had a real terrorist that had a bomb on their person or their carry on or even tried to use a kid as one ever.

What about the guy that had the shoe bomb.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Go through the X Ray if you don't like it. You got a choice. People get as much or more radiation at 35,000 feet so the radiation argument is also false. English is right btw. Terrorists know small children are less likely to be searched and have used them as mules for that reason. It's perfectly reasonable to search them. Again if you don't like it go through the X Ray.

Yes, lets keep giving up more and more freedoms so we can stop the boogey man that is "terrorism"... and if you dont like the you can geeeet oout!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by BobS:
Maybe you should Google "Guns fired in the air" numerous people have been killed that way along with numerous people incarcerated for shooting in the air. The bullet doesn't come down with the velocity in goes up but still returns to earth with enough velocity to kill. There isn't a penal code statue for the usual 100 yard rule as shooting and hunting regulations pretty much vary from city to city and county to county.

Here is a regulation showing the 100 yard rule:

20. It shall be unlawful to discharge or
shoot any firearm or other weapon in or
along any public road or street or within
100 yards thereof or within 100 yards of
any building occupied or used as a
dwelling or place where the public gath-
ers

That was plucked off a page in my state of Virginia they had a list of regulations 1-100 and then the numbers that applied to each city or county. Most counties don't have #20 here, but that is pro gun state of Virginia, not California. The reason there isn't a blanket no shooting in the air rule is that bird hunting and clay pigeon shooting is legal in many areas usually with bird shot only. Even here if you are firing in the air you better be license to hunt birds with a shotgun or you will get a warning or possibly arrested.

"Virginia" does not equate with "California."

Shooting into the air in a highly populated area could be considered negligent, perhaps even grossly negligent in some circumstances. But Aldon lives in a suburb, and a relatively new one at that which is not very densely populated.

Bottom line is that Aldon's act of shooting into the air to disperse a crowd at his house was not illegal in California. Explains why he has not been charged with that. Those in this thread who keep bringing it up as evidence of his criminal conduct are simply off base. Your reliance on Virginia laws and statutes is interesting, but neither relevant nor supportive of their off base position.
I think you are purposely not understanding my point. Point is Virginia is a gun friendly state California is not, so if something is most illegal here it will definitely be illegal In California. I have no desire to learn the ever restricting gun laws in California as hopefully I won't set foot in that state again. Also I looked up the Virginia laws as they are easy to find. Unlike most of you as a responsible gun owner I am as concerned about the possible negligent use of a firearm between Aldon and Walker as the rest of the charges. Negligent gun owners give all gun owners a bad name and add fuel to the anti-gun crowds argument. Pretty sure the illegal assault weapon charges were a result of firing guns in the air, they wanted to charge them with something.
At the rate this thread is going its gonna get moved to the parking lot.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
At the rate this thread is going its gonna get moved to the parking lot.

agree, based upon the last several posts,, i would have had no clue that this post is related to a niner player
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

you mean his gasoline soaked shoes, the system is fine for metals and bombs/drugs...but there are still crazy people.

but a real terrorist is not going to walk up and into an Airport with a bomb
Originally posted by BobS:
I think you are purposely not understanding my point. Point is Virginia is a gun friendly state California is not, so if something is most illegal here it will definitely be illegal In California. I have no desire to learn the ever restricting gun laws in California as hopefully I won't set foot in that state again. Also I looked up the Virginia laws as they are easy to find. Unlike most of you as a responsible gun owner I am as concerned about the possible negligent use of a firearm between Aldon and Walker as the rest of the charges. Negligent gun owners give all gun owners a bad name and add fuel to the anti-gun crowds argument. Pretty sure the illegal assault weapon charges were a result of firing guns in the air, they wanted to charge them with something.

I am not misunderstanding, at least not deliberately. (Some of your argument is a bit confusing.) I am simply trying to focus on the actual facts, and on the laws as they presently exist in CALIFORNIA.

If you want to use the laws of Virginia to support an argument that Aldon acted illegally in discharging a gun into the air in California, go ahead. That makes as much logical sense as those who are arguing that Aldon acted criminally under California laws simply by firing a gun into the air. (He didn't.)

As a responsible gun owner, who is concerned about negligent gun owners, I would think you'd try to understand what actually constitutes illegal gun use, either in Virginia or in California, and stop siding with those who are condemning Aldon for shooting into the air--since, UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW, simply doing that is NOT illegal.

You do not sound like someone who would support the stringent, hyper technical gun laws of California that were used to charge Aldon with possession of illegal firearms. If not for those gun laws, Aldon would not have been charged with anything that night.

No offense intended, but I find your argument confusing and perhaps a little inconsistent. You oppose stringent gun laws, except when they're actually invoked?

As a responsible gun owner, and card carrying member of the NRA, I would disagree with the argument that Aldon's actions that night were illegal, or negligent. Seems to me that only someone completely opposed to guns would argue that.

I bet Aldon told some cute security chick "I am the bomb" not "I have a bomb". The truth will come out
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Go through the X Ray if you don't like it. You got a choice. People get as much or more radiation at 35,000 feet so the radiation argument is also false. English is right btw. Terrorists know small children are less likely to be searched and have used them as mules for that reason. It's perfectly reasonable to search them. Again if you don't like it go through the X Ray.

Yes, lets keep giving up more and more freedoms so we can stop the boogey man that is "terrorism"... and if you dont like the you can geeeet oout!

What freedoms are you giving up? I swear people are nuts.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

you mean his gasoline soaked shoes, the system is fine for metals and bombs/drugs...but there are still crazy people.

but a real terrorist is not going to walk up and into an Airport with a bomb

That's pure supposition. You have had domestic terrorism. You have had terrorist strikes on US interests abroad including the targeting of aircraft. But you say it won't happen.
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 1m LA County DA's Office says it has referred Aldon Smith case to the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office for misdemeanor consideration.#49ers
Originally posted by valrod33:
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 1m LA County DA's Office says it has referred Aldon Smith case to the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office for misdemeanor consideration.#49ers

lol....and who is the LA City Attorney's Office going to refer the case to next? Judge Judy?
Share 49ersWebzone