There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith Thread ***HE'S BACK!!!*****

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Was that Culliver with Aldon in the TMZ video? If it was, smh. The last thing we need is those two guys trying to keep each other out of trouble. Lol. We need a babysitter for both of them.

Two losers hanging out with each other.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by TheBigDemonWillis52:
Originally posted by IT21:
I'd trade Aldon Smith and 30th pick to the Raiders for J. Clowney.

Well thank god you're not our GM

This.

Clowney can't even carry Smith's jockstrap and is a character risk himself.

At least, Clowney wouldn't want to make a fool of himself at front of Marcus Lattimore. Didn't you watch Clowney's pro day?.....

Yeah, he looked good. Not 30+ sacks in his first 2 seasons good though. If Willis, Bowman, Gore, and J. Smith can't keep Aldon out of trouble what makes you think Lattimore can keep Clowney from f**kin up?

Clowney is obviously faster than Aldon and probably stronger than Aldon. He is also flexible in the passing coverage, so the 49ers will create more plays for him to play on the coverage instead of rushing to the QB. That is why we may not see him having 30+ sacks in 2 seasons. On the other hand, he is still capable to break a sack record in his rookie year if we plan to use him as a blitzed all the time.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Dude what is up with these exaggerated and made up reports trying to damage the character of our players? Of course what Aldon did was dumb as s**t. Kap might have put himself in a bad situation as well. But what is up with these immediate reports after these incidents such as "Kap being investigated for SEXUAL ASSAULT" and Aldon "GOING AROUND AIRPORT YELLING BOMB". They later backtrack and say Kap was just involved in a suspicious incident and now were hearing Aldon just made a remark that he had a bomb to the TSA as they are screening him. He wasn't going around like a madman and yelling there is a bomb on the plane. What the f**k is up with the media trying to assassinate 49er players character. Again this does not excuse Aldon from being an absolute idiot and making the comment, but it's not nearly as bad as what was first reported, which keeps happening with these incidents with our players.
The 49ers are not being persecuted by the commissioner, refs, media or anyone else. The media sensationalizes, exaggerates and twists stories all the time to get people's attention. Famous people are their favorite targets, 49ers don't catch anymore media BS than other famous athletes or Hollywood actors.
Somebody posted it yesterday, and I agree . . . I'm kinda surprised TMZ's headline wasn't "Aldon Smith threatened to blow up LAX!!!"
that time away from the team last season really helped him focus and get his life together
Why am I watching these buffoons on First Take speaking on this situation lol?
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Apr 14, 2014 at 7:38 AM ]
Aldon...

Up for Dumbass of the Offseason Award...

1. Chris Culliver
2. Aldon Smith
3 Kaep/Patton
4. Daniel Kilgore
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 14, 2014 at 7:57 AM ]
Originally posted by IT21:
I'd trade Aldon Smith and 30th pick to the Raiders for J. Clowney.

Well thank god you're not our GM

This.

Clowney can't even carry Smith's jockstrap and is a character risk himself.

At least, Clowney wouldn't want to make a fool of himself at front of Marcus Lattimore. Didn't you watch Clowney's pro day?.....

Yeah, he looked good. Not 30+ sacks in his first 2 seasons good though. If Willis, Bowman, Gore, and J. Smith can't keep Aldon out of trouble what makes you think Lattimore can keep Clowney from f**kin up?

Clowney is obviously faster than Aldon and probably stronger than Aldon. He is also flexible in the passing coverage, so the 49ers will create more plays for him to play on the coverage instead of rushing to the QB. That is why we may not see him having 30+ sacks in 2 seasons. On the other hand, he is still capable to break a sack record in his rookie year if we plan to use him as a blitzed all the time.

See bold text above. This always makes me laugh. Now I'm certainly not advocating to trade Aldon Smith and our first rounder to move up for Clowney by any means (I would actually hate it if SF did that); however, I love people's forecasting that Clowney can't hold Smith's jock or that he "looks good but not 30+ sacks in his first two seasons good."

Did Aldon Smith look 30+ sacks in his first two seasons good leading up to the draft?! Absolutely not. He was deemed a project player that the 49ers reached for. Heck, I'll admit that I didn't even know who he was when they announced the pick at the podium.

There's no way to know any of this; it's futile to compare or shoot down someone's proposal (which in all likelihood would never happen anyway) based on pure conjecture.
His extension is gonna be cake now...

gotta look at the bright side
Aldon may have threatened that he had a bomb, but the real truth of the matter is that he IS A BOMB. And he's just waiting to go off at some point. I don't where or how he will implode, but he will directly or indirectly cause the person or persons around him to die once the final fuse has been lit.

I don't care how much talent this guy has. I really don't. I warned you guys the last time that he wasn't done yet and we needed to cleanse our hands of this cancer, and what did I get from you? Nothing short of ridicule. So I ask you, honestly this time, how many chances does this guy get? How many more opportunities? How many times must he piss each chance away before you come the conclusion that, no matter how talented he is, he's just not worth the headache?
Corey Lemonier reading this thread. Book it.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I'm awaiting the decision on his 5th year option. I think it becomes guaranteed if he is on the roster on the 5th day of the 2015 new league year. Interested to see what they do.

they have to pick it up IMO. they can trade him if he doesn't get his act together and because of all this crap it's not like they can extend his contract long term.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Aldon may have threatened that he had a bomb, but the real truth of the matter is that he IS A BOMB. And he's just waiting to go off at some point. I don't where or how he will implode, but he will directly or indirectly cause the person or persons around him to die once the final fuse has been lit.

I don't care how much talent this guy has. I really don't. I warned you guys the last time that he wasn't done yet and we needed to cleanse our hands of this cancer, and what did I get from you? Nothing short of ridicule. So I ask you, honestly this time, how many chances does this guy get? How many more opportunities? How many times must he piss each chance away before you come the conclusion that, no matter how talented he is, he's just not worth the headache?

Ok so here is more ridicule:

Bill, please!

These things happen daily, hourly. He will get slapped, pay a small price one way or another and that will be that.

Seahawks fans will equate this with their players taking performance enhancing drugs, but no one else will give a sh&t¥t. And why should they?

It's like the Kaepernick situation. Those who don't like the team spin it into rape.

Unless there is way more to either of these than has come out so fat, they will be forgotten by training camp.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

We have no idea how this stuff is going to shake out legally, I'm not saying the following will happen but it sure could so follow me here:

Previous DUI charges get pled down
Weapons charges go away (they were really overblown in the first place, just a permit thing that he had in Missouri and not in Cali)
This charge gets dropped or pled way down

Then what do you have? A guy with a bunch of traffic violations and an alcohol problem. I agree 1000000% this guy has F'd up a lot, but if you put it in perspective, imagine the kind of scrutiny that would have been on Lawrence Taylor had social media been around during his day & many others. Yes he's screwed up, this one was insanely stupid.

At the same time, this is one of the best football players on the planet. He makes our team much better with him on the field, I hate the bad publicity, I hate the fact that we don't know what the commissioner will do in terms of league discipline. In reality, sports are based on talent, young talent to be specific and Aldon is as good at his position as anybody in the NFL. I hope the Niners ride this out, see what happens legally, pick up his 2015 option and really get on his case/monitor him closely, if he shapes up, give him the extension after the 2015 season (or even franchise him for a year) if not, trade him, some team out there will take him.
Originally posted by English:
These things happen daily, hourly. He will get slapped, pay a small price one way or another and that will be that.
I don't think this incident is a big deal, but the fact remains that this is his fourth arrest since 2012. I think he's going to get suspended by Goodell.