LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

When you let Aldon Smith tee off, you're gonna eat sh**. Plain and simple.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Is it just me or does Aldon look bigger.

He does to me as well. When I saw him play last week I had to double take. Thought I was looking at Tank Carradine for a sec
Aldon was beasting today. Totally pwned Trent Williams who is a pretty decent LT. Vintage performance from him. He's back.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Aldon was beasting today. Totally pwned Trent Williams who is a pretty decent LT. Vintage performance from him. He's back.

YESSSSISRRRRR!!!!!
He's back. -Our defense is insane right now.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

His best performance of the season. I hope he can keep this level of play up and continue to improve. If so, he'll be tough to contain down the stretch. He's really the only pass rusher in the league that can give Wilson fits.

trent williams has been hailed as the best LT this particular season, i dont know how much truth there is to it, but i do know a few weeks back joe staley touched on williams play with a tweet about how dominant he has been. taking all of that into account, its even more impressive what aldon did.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
His best performance of the season. I hope he can keep this level of play up and continue to improve. If so, he'll be tough to contain down the stretch. He's really the only pass rusher in the league that can give Wilson fits.

he was on pace to do damage all year, had 4.5 sacks in 3 games.
missed the next 5
got 2 to get back into the feel of playing
and now is on a mission.

he missed those games and because of it he's not fresh as if its the beginning of the season.
you see the huge improvement in his play he's been studying. he isn't crashing down on fakes..every time they tried he was there. he has unbelievable power, pushing williams back at will.

i think the best is yet to come.
perhaps is just me. but when aldon is on it reminds me of watching LT

I think the first few games Aldon was still kind of broken and humbled, someone must of told him to pick his chin up and go hunt because he was after RG3's ass last night. It almost seemed personal.
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Nov 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM ]
This guy is ridiculous. He still will probably have double digit sacks. I don't think it would be crazy to think we can get 7 more this season.
I didn't expect so much from him so soon.

Call me delighted.
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Is it just me or does Aldon look bigger.

He does to me as well. When I saw him play last week I had to double take. Thought I was looking at Tank Carradine for a sec

i was going to say the same thing before I saw this. He looked way bigger like almost a big 4-3 DE or even a 3-4 DE
Share 49ersWebzone