LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I fear more will come of thi story and it wont be good. There goes flying under the radar this off season. Coach needs to get this s**t under control NOW.

Non story come training camp

Yeah two people got shot and Aldon got stabbed. The media will forget all that fast.
Non story?? hahahah. tell that to the cohens not to mention any respectable media person.I assume the coach will do his usual circle the wagons on this
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I fear more will come of thi story and it wont be good. There goes flying under the radar this off season. Coach needs to get this s**t under control NOW.

Non story come training camp

Yeah two people got shot and Aldon got stabbed. The media will forget all that fast.
Non story?? hahahah. tell that to the cohens not to mention any respectable media person.I assume the coach will do his usual circle the wagons on this

I thought you liked Harbaugh, Chuck?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
I thought you liked Harbaugh, Chuck?
i do but i also think when he makes a mistake or screws up or does not hold his players accountable he should get called out. Of course i like him but when things like bad playing calling in a game, his bungling of the peyton and alex thing and now this come about i call him out. Now of course those things i think he has done wrong are just my opinion , which is what this web site is for . i am to sensitive to bad news as of late. we finally get back on track and when news like this happens, it makes me angry.I have a hard time remembering people are human and no one can babysit the player so i speak out of emotion right after an incident That is usually the wrong thing to do but I can not help myself . In a few days i hope i feel better but i just do not like the pattern of aldon here in the off season, am wondering if the coaches have ever set down a list of expectations to the players and I want something more than just a little prepared written statement in the aftermath from both aldon and the head coach.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I am not susweets cat. i am just angry and speaking out of emotion
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I dont want to assume that. Its very possible somebody (guy/girl) made a call to a group they shouldn't have and the guys showed up. Its also very possible or likely that when the guys showed up, they werent allowed in or able to stay, which caused them to get mad and a fight broke out. I'm just saying we dont know it was "his people," it could of easily been party crashers (or wanna be crashers). Definitly raider fans though...

I do think he should have security at a large party though. There is no need for him to be getting in the middle of a scuffle.

You're right. I read somewhere that it was an open party but did not see it "reported" by a reputable source. Disagree about the last part--his party he'd better get involved if the wrong people show up. But that is why you hire security guys for a party like this. Too many athletes have been burned at these events, accused of all sorts of things. It's good to have money but then people decide some of it should be theirs!

The funny thing is that we had fights at this age, broke furniture and generally bashed each other, but we didn't shoot or stab each other. Different world!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Stuff happens the dude is young and hopefully learns from his mistakes. Personally I really don't care to much as long as he can keep getting sacks that's all that matters. Your not gonna have an entire team of choir boys.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

The funny thing is that we had fights at this age, broke furniture and generally bashed each other, but we didn't shoot or stab each other. Different world!

Speak for yourself. In Reno, I stabbed a man just to watch him die..............................
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Stuff happens the dude is young and hopefully learns from his mistakes. Personally I really don't care to much as long as he can keep getting sacks that's all that matters. Your not gonna have an entire team of choir boys.
I am just not a big fan of a guy getting an owi and getting stabbed despite his high sack total.i know things happen and he is young and not married but I just would hope he would not put himself in those positions.Is that asking to much of a single, young athlete? I just have problems , sweeping this under the rug and calling it a non story just because of his sack totals
I am just not a big fan of a guy getting an owi and getting stabbed despite his high sack total.i know things happen and he is young and not married but I just would hope he would not put himself in those positions.Is that asking to much of a single, young athlete? I just have problems , sweeping this under the rug and calling it a non story just because of his sack totals

you give a bunch of guys from the hood that are freak athletes a couple million dollars and most of them in their 20's... yeah this s**t will happen.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Dui' s are very common these days most people will probably get one in their lifetime. The stabbing his mistake was probably throwing a party and not being strict on his guest list.

Would it better if these things didn't happen ? Obviously yes

But its all performance, of this was some back up scrub he be waived. But he's one of the top sackers in the league so we will look the other way and continue to cheer him.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I dont want to assume that. Its very possible somebody (guy/girl) made a call to a group they shouldn't have and the guys showed up. Its also very possible or likely that when the guys showed up, they werent allowed in or able to stay, which caused them to get mad and a fight broke out. I'm just saying we dont know it was "his people," it could of easily been party crashers (or wanna be crashers). Definitly raider fans though...

I do think he should have security at a large party though. There is no need for him to be getting in the middle of a scuffle.

You're right. I read somewhere that it was an open party but did not see it "reported" by a reputable source. Disagree about the last part--his party he'd better get involved if the wrong people show up. But that is why you hire security guys for a party like this. Too many athletes have been burned at these events, accused of all sorts of things. It's good to have money but then people decide some of it should be theirs!

Not sure we disagree here. His house or not, he should be the enforcer. He should have hired guys to handle this. Being that its his house he should decide who comes in and out, but he shouldn't be the one pyshically making it happen.
just another thug. Jh better stop building houses for homeless people, tell them to get a job and pay rent like the rest of us do and get control of his football team. I thought we were done with distractions with this team after sing left, guess not.

This makes you think Harbaugh's lost control of his football team . . . even a little bit? . . . also thug? He can't baby sit his players 24/7, although Aldon Smith might get a little more attention from JH now . . . and probably his teammates.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Speak for yourself. In Reno, I stabbed a man just to watch him die..............................

That's why I stopped going to Reno!

Not sure we disagree here. His house or not, he should be the enforcer. He should have hired guys to handle this. Being that its his house he should decide who comes in and out, but he shouldn't be the one pyshically making it happen.

I don't care what these guys do at parties but I do care when they get into acts that put them in the public eye. Throwing a party at your own place and then getting stabbed at your OWN party is not a good look. Combine that with his DUI earlier this summer, and it's pointing to signs that Aldon needs to grow the f**k up fast, because if he gets suspended for that season opener against Green Bay, i'll be f**king PISSED. Players can have all the fun they want, get drunk, f**k b***hes, etc., but when it costs the team, that's when I get pissed.
[ Edited by Method on Jul 1, 2012 at 10:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone