LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
He didn't say just rehab would be taken into account. He said the time missed voluntarily would be taken into account. So basically if they were going to suspend him for 5 or less games, they probably won't suspend him. Just take the money he deserves to lose for missing those games.

I wonder if that's why the team gave him his full pay for the games he missed?
that's exactly why. Niners said they didn't want to double up on the punishment.

which will come in handy come contract extension time.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I did hear Goodsll's comments. He said the rehab would be taken into account, and he was encouraged by Aldon and the niners. The fact remains that Alson is now a repeat offender and there was drugs in the car...

The 1 game suspension is obviously speculation, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.

Only prescription drugs so nothing illegal or performance enhancing so I don't think its anything he can get disciplined for.

Marijuana?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Was there really ever any doubt?

lol, read through this thread. yes, about 75% of people here thought he was going to get 25-life, no parole.

Can't speak for everyone....there are some peeps who think the world is flat and Global Warming isn't real.

I don't think anyone who was paying attention is surprised. I personally have been saying all along....

After. The. Bye.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
He didn't say just rehab would be taken into account. He said the time missed voluntarily would be taken into account. So basically if they were going to suspend him for 5 or less games, they probably won't suspend him. Just take the money he deserves to lose for missing those games.

I wonder if that's why the team gave him his full pay for the games he missed?

I'm sure it is. They didn't want to be the ones to levy the punishment. What if they docked him 3 game checks and the NFL was just going to dock him 2? They are just gonna let the NFL decide the punishment. They learned their lesson with Dobbs.
Maybe after the 49ers showed such strong support for Aldon, he will be extra motivated to play for the team, which is a scary prospect for opposing QB's.
I did hear Goodsll's comments. He said the rehab would be taken into account, and he was encouraged by Aldon and the niners. The fact remains that Alson is now a repeat offender and there was drugs in the car...

The 1 game suspension is obviously speculation, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.

Only prescription drugs so nothing illegal or performance enhancing so I don't think its anything he can get disciplined for.

Marijuana?

That was disputed later. Sherriff said no Marijuana.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lmao, these idiots on NFLN said a "High ranking source with the 9ers said Aldon will not just be given his spot back. He's gonna have to earn it"

lmao. lmao. lma. lm. l.
OUR PASS RUSH IS BACK!!!!!! we ready for a playoff push boys!!! im stoked, QBs are now shaking in their boots.
Adam Schefter is a TOOL. All day the guy has been saying the Niners didn't expect Smith to return this year. Now he says the only reason we activated him was because the NFL wouldn't allow us to keep him on the NFI list. Right....

lmao, these idiots on NFLN said a "High ranking source with the 9ers said Aldon will not just be given his spot back. He's gonna have to earn it"

lmao. lmao. lma. lm. l.

Saw the same. They're idiots though I'll believe what harbaugh and maiocco report. If he doesn't start he will just come off the bench and play the whole game lol.

lmao. lmao. lma. lm. l.

LOL
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

lmao. lmao. lma. lm. l.

well, i doubt he starts against the Panthers. he'll probably only play 10-20 snaps.
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Adam Schefter is a TOOL. All day the guy has been saying the Niners didn't expect Smith to return this year. Now he says the only reason we activated him was because the NFL wouldn't allow us to keep him on the NFI list. Right....

Lol. Can't admit he was making s**t up. If the 49ers didn't expect him back they would of put him on reserve.
Share 49ersWebzone