LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 195 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• JayT
  • Veteran
Tank Carradine coming, Lemonier creates depth, this could get scary if they play to their potential!
Originally posted by socalniner:
flash in the pan...what a waste

modded
[ Edited by boast on Oct 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by susweel:
we need ALdon back asap

He ain't coming back. Get over it. Move on. Nothing to see here.

yes he will. he will be back after the bye week.

And monkeys will be flying out of my rear quarters after the bye week.

Aldon Smith has played his last game for the 49ers. Admit it. Move on. Embrace the Lemon in life.

Lmao

Lol..anyways he's back!!!

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Muggins:
I haven't kept close tabs on this but is it possible the NFL suspends him for a period of time?

possible, yes. Wouldn't expect it to be more than a game or two though. Goddell was happy to see Aldon and the 9ers handle it in house without the nfl having to step in. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get suspended at all.
Glad he is back! Feeling good for the second half of the season. Go NINERS!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I haven't kept close tabs on this but is it possible the NFL suspends him for a period of time?

possible, yes. Wouldn't expect it to be more than a game or two though. Goddell was happy to see Aldon and the 9ers handle it in house without the nfl having to step in. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get suspended at all.

It should be an interesting decision by Goodell: his job is not to be judge and jury, but Aldons offenses could warrant disciplinary action

I guess it'll be a 1 game suspension.

not this year

he missed 5 games liken it to a self imposed ban

and they don't pre suspend for court cases anymore until after the whole process is done.

he's served more time than the nfl would have given him already

This is the best news ive heard all day that means it's possible he plays against the Panthers the game Carradine most likely gets his first playing time in. I am beyond exited to see Carradine and Smith on the same field.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

It should be an interesting decision by Goodell: his job is not to be judge and jury, but Aldons offenses could warrant disciplinary action

I guess it'll be a 1 game suspension.

Did you not hear what Goodell has said about this issue ?

Sounded like he could not suspend him at all...i will be surprised if he did
Tank and Aldon in same week? Bring on Cam and Brees
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

boom
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

he missed 5 games liken it to a self imposed ban

and they don't pre suspend for court cases anymore until after the whole process is done.

he's served more time than the nfl would have given him already

This. I doubt he gets suspended, he already missed 5 games. That was basically his suspension. He will likely have to pay a fine equivalent to how many game checks he would have been suspended for (like 2 games = 200k) since the niners kept paying him for those 5 games.

If he is convicted of both felony gun charges AND DUI then maybe they bring down the hammer. But I'm gonna guess he pleads or beats those charges down a bit.
Share 49ersWebzone