There are 120 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Whether Aldon comes back or not is a simple question. Has he done well in rehab and does his family and the team feel that he has his substance abuse issues under control. If the answer is yes he will be back.

It will have nothing to do with the lawsuits or DUI charges pending.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
its not as potent, think only justin smith got a sac, and no sacs last week, QBs seem to have another second or two to throw since he left, let me remind you we having been playing any legit playoff teams as of late either. we could get away with it since our offense is pretty potent, you can win the superbowl with a potent offense and average defense.

Bowman has 2, Brooks has 3.5, Justin has 2.5, Ray Mac has 1.5, Dorsey has 2, Lemonier has 1 that's not really a non existent pass rush.
Originally posted by FL9er:
LOL, Adam Schefter (not that that schmuck is the end all be all) said that the 49ers are "moving forward" as if Aldon is done for the season.

Dude needs to stop talking. All he's doing is trying to manufacture news.

Nothing has changed.

The only thing I see today is the accusation of star treatment (which means nothing from a legal standpoint). That to me explains why he was charged with the felonies. The DA is trying to get out of hot water and doesn't want to appear biased...when in fact he is. If Aldon were a regular person he wouldn't have been charged. People seem to forget that according to police reports Aldon was the VICTIM that night, not the perp. In most cases like that they wouldn't charge him...particularly because they would want his testimony against the actual perp. That's one reason I think those gun charges will go away.
U want to see 99 back. I never wudve guessed I would miss him this much
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
its not as potent, think only justin smith got a sac, and no sacs last week, QBs seem to have another second or two to throw since he left, let me remind you we having been playing any legit playoff teams as of late either. we could get away with it since our offense is pretty potent, you can win the superbowl with a potent offense and average defense.

Bowman has 2, Brooks has 3.5, Justin has 2.5, Ray Mac has 1.5, Dorsey has 2, Lemonier has 1 that's not really a non existent pass rush.

...and Aldon had 4.5 in three games and STILL leads the team. The fact that Bowman has 2 simply indicates they are having to blitz to create pressure. That's not good. The pass rush is lacking.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
...and Aldon had 4.5 in three games and STILL leads the team. The fact that Bowman has 2 simply indicates they are having to blitz to create pressure. That's not good. The pass rush is lacking.

Remember though the pass rush is not just measured in sacks, pressures and hits play a big roll in the pass rush as well although they aren't as flashy as big sack numbers it still means there making the qb panic into getting rid of the ball early.

Remember though the pass rush is not just measured in sacks, pressures and hits play a big roll in the pass rush as well although they aren't as flashy as big sack numbers it still means there making the qb panic into getting rid of the ball early.

...and a LACK of pass rush can be indicated by a team that hardly ever blitzes all of the sudden blitzing often. There is a reason the 49ers are sending Bowman or Willis FAR more often then they did before..it's because they aren't getting there with 4. The 49ers are trying to whether the storm...but make no mistake..they need Aldon back. Lemonier has shown flashes, but he's not that guy yet.

If they have to blitz against a QB like Brees he will eat them alive. The key to beating those great passing teams is to put pressure on the QB with 4 defenders and dropping 7.
Anyone, anyone at all, have a source that let's us know what the status is of ALL DONE? I sure hope that moniker isn't correct. I mean we are talking about a 2nd DUI. Here locally, some guy killed another and got off. Typical justice system. Unjust at times, works others. Had a daughter do a lot worse than DUI and it was jail or betty ford for a month, then half way house, then supervised activities. Jeez, Aldon had a 2nd DUI and he drops off the map. Anybody got any idea what the approx. time line is? I would actually be interested if it is this yr or not. More precise is better, but just an idea would be appreciated...but authenticated.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
tonite at 11 on nbc news there's an investigative report about aldon getting preferencial treatment from law enforcement.
Originally posted by xcfan:
tonite at 11 on nbc news there's an investigative report about aldon getting preferencial treatment from law enforcement.

dont care

Its not really about "sacks," per say. Its about the lack of constant pressure we would get with the combo of Justin and Aldon working the Oline. Also, sacks are nice, but when was the sack made? A sack on 3rd and whatever is far more important than just some random sack at a random moment of the game. The bottom line, Aldon created a pressure that had a physical and psychological impact on the opposing QB/team. I don't believe we have that, right now.

Edit: I don't even like looking at sacks. I want to see QB hurries and pressure. This is something we don't have in a four man front like we use to.
[ Edited by IMnotsoHO on Oct 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM ]

I really hate news that ain't really news. Its manufactured. It doesn't even mean anything, but they need to fill the air with something.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Did-49ers-Aldon-Smith-Receive-Preferential-Treatment-from-Santa-Clara-County-Sheriff-228676411.html

I really hate news that ain't really news. Its manufactured. It doesn't even mean anything, but they need to fill the air with something.

Thats the law enforcements' fault. What is aldo supposed to sat? No guys i should be in here for a few more hours persuajt to protocol...
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Anyone, anyone at all, have a source that let's us know what the status is of ALL DONE? I sure hope that moniker isn't correct. I mean we are talking about a 2nd DUI. Here locally, some guy killed another and got off. Typical justice system. Unjust at times, works others. Had a daughter do a lot worse than DUI and it was jail or betty ford for a month, then half way house, then supervised activities. Jeez, Aldon had a 2nd DUI and he drops off the map. Anybody got any idea what the approx. time line is? I would actually be interested if it is this yr or not. More precise is better, but just an idea would be appreciated...but authenticated.

Technically it's not 2 DUI's. the first incident was reduced to reckless driving.
Share 49ersWebzone