LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Marvin49:
If they were separate crimes I might agree with you...but they were 3 guns found in his house after he'd just been shot at that were purchased legally in a different state. The DA know it would be next to impossible to prosecute intent and is EXPECTING to plea down. Do you really think that every person who simply owns a gun with the wrong magazine is sent to prison? Seriously.

You are correct about him cleaning up his life and the first step was rehab. We'll see what happens...but MOST felonies...particularly non-violent ones are plead down. Hell...they may end up dropping them altogether in a deal to get his to testify about the night in question.

Aldon won't spend a day in jail. Count on it.

For the gun charge I agree he'll likely cop a plea and get probation. I think he'll do some time, like 30-60 days or so for the DUI/Wreck.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Aldon smith is going to do some jail time. He's going to face a suspension after that. Not coming back, guys, and maybe not ever.

Sigh.

1) He won't do any time. It will be plead down to a misdomeaner because the DA knows it will be almost impossible to prove that his intent was to break the law by going to Arizona to get the guns. He is charging it as a felony as a starting position. He'll plead down and won't do a day in jail. People will cry foul because he got "special treatment" when in fact if he weren't famous he'd likely never have even been charged because the DA needs him to testafy against the men who actually shot people at the part. That is still possible BTW...that he exchanges testamony for dropped charges.

2) He will likely face suspension but the time he is spending away from the team will be kept in mind when doling out punishment. It will probably be a short suspension and a heavy fine.

3) People need to STOP with the doom and gloom. Aldon was a numbskull for doing the stuff he did, but ya gotta have at least a sliver of perspective here. Rolondo McClain fired a gun right next to a guys head making the guy think he was shooting him and played justa few weeks later.

lol I'm sigh'ing with you. It's like some people have never heard of Plea's before.

Yeah there are plea deals and he's facing 3 felonies. Not 1, not 2, but 3. That's a lot. He may not be able to plea all of those down. 3 felonies is serious. He can easily do jail time or even several years if convicted. It's no guarantee when he will be back. Aldon has done everything possible to destroy his life within 2 1/2 years.

Easy there drama queen.

This guy has 3 felonies and 2 dui's. Plus stabbings and shootings. It's not completely rediculous that he could do some jail time. Eventually he will find a jail cell if he continues his current path. They won't plea with him forever.

And btw it's not that easy to plea down 3 felonies. 1 or 2 maybe. 3 is serious. They will want at least one of those to stick.

If they were separate crimes I might agree with you...but they were 3 guns found in his house after he'd just been shot at that were purchased legally in a different state. The DA know it would be next to impossible to prosecute intent and is EXPECTING to plea down. Do you really think that every person who simply owns a gun with the wrong magazine is sent to prison? Seriously.

You are correct about him cleaning up his life and the first step was rehab. We'll see what happens...but MOST felonies...particularly non-violent ones are plead down. Hell...they may end up dropping them altogether in a deal to get his to testify about the night in question.

Aldon won't spend a day in jail. Count on it.

You don't have to prove intent to be convicted of a felony crime.

In THIS case you do. You need to prove that he willfully travelled to arizona to get weapons he knew he couldn't get in CA. Thats impossible to prove because he was only in Arizona because the 49ers were playing a game there. You and I can put 2 and 2 together....but that's still reasonable doubt. The DA knows this. This will never see the inside of a courtroom.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I bet the bucs are happy they got rid of Aqib Talib right about now.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Rolondo McClain fired a gun right next to a guys head making the guy think he was shooting him and played justa few weeks later.

See, now THAT is someone I wouldn't want to bump into on a bad day. Someone like that can snap on anybody.
And yes, Ahmad Brooks is another, I would not feel safe being around him.

I would feel EXTRA safe around Aldon Smith, because I know that if anyone tried to assault me with a knife, he would defend me. Also, if I was ever running from a man armed with a gun trying to shoot me, I would run to Aldon Smith's house because I know that he has the ability to defend me.

I would feel as safe around Aldon as a pit bull terrier does around Michael Vick!

That's like hiring the Hell's Angels to run security at a concert. Oh, wait, the Rolling Stones did that already...
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Rolondo McClain fired a gun right next to a guys head making the guy think he was shooting him and played justa few weeks later.

See, now THAT is someone I wouldn't want to bump into on a bad day. Someone like that can snap on anybody.

I would feel EXTRA safe around Aldon Smith, because I know that if anyone tried to assault me with a knife, he would defend me. Also, if I was ever running from a man armed with a gun trying to shoot me, I would run to Aldon Smith's house because I know that he has the ability to defend me.

I would feel as safe around Aldon as a pit bull terrier does around Michael Vick!

That's like hiring the Hell's Angels to run security at a concert. Oh, wait, the Rolling Stones did that already...

.........SMDH.

Right...because Aldon is a violent criminal. Webzone amazes me sometimes.
rolando mcclain really?

guy is retired from the NFL after two years of playing ball, sure he played in that game, but long term.....
This guy has 3 felonies and 2 dui's. Plus stabbings and shootings. It's not completely rediculous that he could do some jail time. Eventually he will find a jail cell if he continues his current path. They won't plea with him forever.

And btw it's not that easy to plea down 3 felonies. 1 or 2 maybe. 3 is serious. They will want at least one of those to stick.

I agree with you that this is serious stuff for him, but talk about embellishing for effect. He was stabbed, he didn't stab. He shot a gun into the air, did not target a person. This is still not good, but nudges the conversation back on more factual ground. The DUI's are where he will, and should, get nailed the hardest. That 7am 1.5% bac, passing out and running in to the tree is scary stuff.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

I agree with you that this is serious stuff for him, but talk about embellishing for effect. He was stabbed, he didn't stab. He shot a gun into the air, did not target a person. This is still not good, but nudges the conversation back on more factual ground. The DUI's are where he will, and should, get nailed the hardest. That 7am 1.5% bac, passing out and running in to the tree is scary stuff.

...and one of the DUIs has already been resolved. It's not outstanding.

.........SMDH.

Well then! We'll just hire Aldon for the job of giving children a ride home from school. Every parent in the world should trust him, right?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

.........SMDH.

Well then! We'll just hire Aldon for the job of giving children a ride home from school. Every parent in the world should trust him, right?

but thats not his job, his job is to sack QBs.

Originally posted by susweel:

.........SMDH.

Or run them down in a drunken stupor.

God, what an SNL skit that would make. Where is Robert Smigel when you really need him?

His creation of the Ray Lewis "I didn't see nuthin" cartoon was a gut buster.

SATURDAY TV FUNHOUSE! TV FUNHOUSE!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

.........SMDH.

God, what an SNL skit that would make. Where is Robert Smigel when you really need him?

Too bad Aldon is not famous enough to get his own skit........Yet !

.........SMDH.

Too bad Aldon is not famous enough to get his own skit........Yet !

He is close, He is a few charges away from it
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

???
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that's gotta be an old pic that some potato accidentally put up. We'd know about it if he were back at practice.
Share 49ersWebzone