There are 167 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We need this guy back now!

I think we'll be fine until he can return clean, we've won 3 straight without him, two of which were without him and Willis. Our backups and rookies I would say are carrying the load rather well wouldn't you agree?

Yes but I would like him back for Brees
Originally posted by SolAsch24:
Our pass rush DESPERATELY needs Aldon back this season if we want to win it all. 30 days of rehab should be enough for a 23 yr old and coming back to be with the team would benefit his recovery.

Hes 23 how could he f***k everything up so fast!
Team is missing him. Thus why they've been blitzing so much. Have yet to see Skuta make a play. Fir a giod period of the game Palmer was at ease in the pocket. Just gotta push on. Hopefully once some guys get healthy on the d line you start to see those guys create some pressure.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Team is missing him. Thus why they've been blitzing so much. Have yet to see Skuta make a play. Fir a giod period of the game Palmer was at ease in the pocket. Just gotta push on. Hopefully once some guys get healthy on the d line you start to see those guys create some pressure.

Skuta has sack against the Texans and he generally set a good edge.
I missed that sack. Dude was invisible today.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I missed that sack. Dude was invisible today.

I don't think Skuta played as much as he did the past few games. I think Lemonier played more than normal but I could be wrong on that one. I think Skuta is mainly the edge setting run defender and Lemonier is the pass rusher although Skuta can rush a bit too. I don't think not having Haralson or Johnson has hurt us that bad. We are giving Lemonier a young rookie valuable experience and he will actually be with the team next year. Haralson and Johnson were FA's anyways. I think we are missing a healthy deep DL more than what we lost with Aldon being out. We never had that much depth to behind with with Dial and Carradine being out and you throw in Williams on top of it plus McDonald and TJE getting banged up. The secondary really stepped up top to bottom this year unlike some of the offensive corps. Yeah so far our WR depth has hurt us far more than losing Aldon. That, the coaches, Kap, OL at times has been what's held the team back. Penalties too up until the past few games. A lot of things really but the OLB spot not as bad as you would think. Although, like someone said it has resulted in us blitzing a little bit more with Bowman and company but maybe that isn't a bad thing. There were plenty of times when Aldon was with us and we couldn't get any pressure and we would never blitz. If I look at what is wrong with the team OLB is far down the list even with Aldon gone. Then again we haven't played the best QB's the past 3 weeks so that has helped. We'd be missing Aldon more if we were playing Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc instead of a struggling Bradford, Schaub and gun slinging Palmer.
Adam Shefter is reporting that the Niners don't expect Aldon back this season.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

f**k

That's mostly common sense. At best he might be available last 4 weeks IMO which is gravy under the circumstances.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Guy doesn't know s**t
Originally posted by mayo49:

Regular season?
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Regular season?

Shelter is the last person that has credible 9er news

No. He said, they are not counting on having him back. I think there is a difference between the two. Not to mention it's the PC thing for the FO to say at this point. I wouldn't read too much into that tweet.
Share 49ersWebzone