LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by susweel:
if we dont have Aldon at all this year then our super bowl chances are pretty much gone.

our coaching and team is pretty horrible then

he's the single biggest difference maker on the defense.
if we dont have Aldon at all this year then our super bowl chances are pretty much gone.

We've dominated the last two games without Aldon; I think we can continue to have a dominant defense.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
He was firing guns into the air to disperse a crowd. No -- it's true -- he did not specifically aim at someone and fire.

But two people did get hurt by bullets fired by either Aldon or Delanie. I'm sorry man, but that's trouble.

Link?

I revised my post above, but it's been quoted, so. I was wrong. Yes -- the two people who were shot were not shot by Aldon or Delanie. OK -- I was wrong about that. I misread the story.

But -- the fact remains is that one of our players was firing a gun to disperse people from a party at his home.

There are some of you who think this is "OK" behavior. I don't think so.

I don't think most of us think this is "OK" behavior. We're simply saying that the charges have nothing to do with the individuals who were shot, but have to do with the nature of the weapons Aldon possessed, which are in violation of California laws.

I don't have any issue with whether the weapons were legal or not. That doesn't concern me. The fact that he used them is what concerns me.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

If the choice is to keep a powder keg on the payroll to possibly win a Championship, or go without and possibly wait for next year or the year after -- I choose the latter.

It's not all about winning. It's called winning with class.

nope I disagree with that. Its about winning at all costs.

If the choice is to keep a powder keg on the payroll to possibly win a Championship, or go without and possibly wait for next year or the year after -- I choose the latter.

Then you and I agree to disagree on this issue. Very rare that we disagree on issues. But this is one of them.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
He was firing guns into the air to disperse a crowd. No -- it's true -- he did not specifically aim at someone and fire.

But two people did get hurt by bullets fired by either Aldon or Delanie. I'm sorry man, but that's trouble.

Link?

I revised my post above, but it's been quoted, so. I was wrong. Yes -- the two people who were shot were not shot by Aldon or Delanie. OK -- I was wrong about that. I misread the story.

But -- the fact remains is that one of our players was firing a gun to disperse people from a party at his home.

There are some of you who think this is "OK" behavior. I don't think so.

I don't think most of us think this is "OK" behavior. We're simply saying that the charges have nothing to do with the individuals who were shot, but have to do with the nature of the weapons Aldon possessed, which are in violation of California laws.

I don't have any issue with whether the weapons were legal or not. That doesn't concern me. The fact that he used them is what concerns me.

That concerns me too. A lot of things concern me about Aldon's off-field behavior. But the charges that were filed today are strictly about the weapons.

Then you and I agree to disagree on this issue. Very rare that we disagree on issues. But this is one of them.

Class didnt win the SB last year
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

ineffective during our playoff run last year. Lemon can pick up enough slack.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Football teams are made up some shady characters sometimes. Its not our jobs as fans to judge the character of the men wearing the uniforms we cheer for the name in the front of the jersey not the name on the back.
I mostly thought this would be a lost season for him after the ridiculous DUI incident, but it definitely is now. Shouldn't have traded Parys (in hindsight) so he would now be the starter with Lemoneir subbing in like Aldon did as a rookie. Who knows, maybe Skuta is about the same as Parys anyway.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by boast:

he was injured last year and also Lemon has been invisible in his time that he has played.

Agreed. One person does not decide what happens to a team. This is a team sport. 99% of the players on this team keep their nose clean and know the difference between right and wrong.

I love Aldon just as much as you people do. But you do NOT allow this man back on the team under any circumstance.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

he was injured last year and also Lemon has been invisible in his time that he has played.

right! injured and ineffective

invisible? lol. you don't watch games.

He ain't missing the rest of this year. Couple more weeks and then he will be back from his rehab.

Now, what happens in the off season with regards to the court cases he faces who knows. But if Aldon completes his rehab and the team feels he if better he will play. The NFL will not suspend him this year. I don't believe they can under the current CBA rules.
Yep this just illustrates how blowing the SB last year will continue to haunt us. If we just could have brought home 6 I wouldnt have gave much of a crap about this. hahaha
Aldon isnt very bright but neither are California gun laws.
Share 49ersWebzone