LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Boone should have a talk with him. If anyone knows how to beat drinking problems and becoming even better as a player it's that man.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

NFL not planning discipline for Aldon Smith until legal process complete. But multiple game suspension possible:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23783866/ers-star-aldon-smith-to-avoid-discipline-for-the-time-being
Getting Aldon to rehab is a good thing. You have to thing long term for both Aldon and the Niners. It won't do either any good if he continues to abuse alcohol.
Hopefully Aldon gets help asap. I don't want to be teaching OSAAP to Aldon in prison or reading his obituary in the paper. This is bigger than football.
Very happy niners are pushing this. If it happens, get all this out of the way now, and very possibly significantly reduce suspension.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's due for a new contract soon, he needs to get this out of the way for him and the team.
Ugh distractions.
And all those reporters on their high horse passing judgment about how the 49ers should handle this, the last time I checked they have no clue how to run a team
trade him for a 7th round pick.
Originally posted by titan:
Play aldon and trade for Collin Kaepernick if you already don't have him. His value appears to be low in a lot of people's views. So go rob them and dominate your Fantasy Leauge.

he's my starting QB

I don't think Aldon should be an every down player anyway. He is strictly a pass rusher. Anyone notice during his rookie 11' year, he would rush on passing situations only and did it VERY VERY Well. and then last year, he started wearing down and got injured late and was never the same. He should be strictly a Pass Rusher.
I say have Aldon go live with Alex Boone for a little while, have Boone, a former alcoholic maniac who turned his life around mentor him and show him how to live sober.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I don't think Aldon should be an every down player anyway. He is strictly a pass rusher. Anyone notice during his rookie 11' year, he would rush on passing situations only and did it VERY VERY Well. and then last year, he started wearing down and got injured late and was never the same. He should be strictly a Pass Rusher.

Totally

The rest of the defense after halftime of the Pats game played lock down for the rest of the season......

He is doing really well and has improved as an every down player. Does he have mistakes, yes, everyone does. Don't take a guy 7th overall to play just one down
Originally posted by matt49er:
I say have Aldon go live with Alex Boone for a little while, have Boone, a former alcoholic maniac who turned his life around mentor him and show him how to live sober.

Naw, let aldon do rehab

. Rather not risk having Boone messed up too
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Couldn't we just make him go to AA and make him attend the MADD speeches? Is going to a rehab facility really that necessary?

if you want it to really mean something, yes he has to go get cleaned up. then you follow through with AA. could mean 30 to 60 days. no excuses for him this time, no molly coddling. got no one else to blame but himself
Share 49ersWebzone