There are 201 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Stupid thread title
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Stupid thread title

I thought it was humorous.

I can change it if its annoys/upsets people/mods.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Stupid thread title

Not bothered, but if there actually is an incident you better go into hiding as some peeps going to be blaming you for tempting fate!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Stupid thread title

Not bothered, but if there actually is an incident you better go into hiding as some peeps going to be blaming you for tempting fate!

I find it humorous as well lol, I didn't meant to come off as abrasive as that post sounded.
I was more trying to say what English said

I thought he had messed up again when I saw the title, scared the crap outta me
[ Edited by Quest4six on Jan 26, 2015 at 1:05 AM ]

I thought he had messed up again when I saw the title, scared the crap outta me

I get nervous every time I see this thread bumped, too.
How is this guy progressing as a football player? Was last year a wash? It seemed like his first 2-3 games back he had an impact, even though not many sacks.

Last two games were disappointing? How did pff rate him?

Is this guy ever going to be a general purpose all star or just a predictable one-trick rush guy who can get schemed out of the game easily and who collects stats in bunches against scrubs?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
last year as a niner. hope he balls out for his suitors.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
last year as a niner. hope he balls out for his suitors.

Wot?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
How is this guy progressing as a football player? Was last year a wash? It seemed like his first 2-3 games back he had an impact, even though not many sacks.

Last two games were disappointing? How did pff rate him?

Is this guy ever going to be a general purpose all star or just a predictable one-trick rush guy who can get schemed out of the game easily and who collects stats in bunches against scrubs?

he hasn't been a 1 trick pony in 2 years dude. the only way he gets schemed out is to avoid him altogether which actually shuts down 1 side of the field.
no bootlegs to his side. they always have an extra blocker to his side. they don't run to his side or set screens to his side. that's half of the field in the trenches shut down.
He was getting high with schoolboy q this past weekend
http://i.imgur.com/0gGqXpd.jpg
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 26, 2015 at 11:41 AM ]

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
he hasn't been a 1 trick pony in 2 years dude. the only way he gets schemed out is to avoid him altogether which actually shuts down 1 side of the field.
no bootlegs to his side. they always have an extra blocker to his side. they don't run to his side or set screens to his side. that's half of the field in the trenches shut down.

Sounds impressive. Numbers? Pff?

There won't really be any numbers to show how he helps the defense.
Its kinda like the NT role in a 3-4... Their only responsibility is to swallow up as many blockers as possible and clog the lanes between the guards. If they do that effectively, then you'll see a high tackle # for your linebackers, not for the NT.

Aldon somewhat played the same role last year, he demanded extra attention from the line, and the pass-blocking FB/HB. Watching a lot of games he was definitely of interest to the opposing line/qb. I would take 1 player out of my line if that means the offense has to take out 2. You won't get many numerical stats from that.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
He was getting high with schoolboy q this past weekend
http://i.imgur.com/0gGqXpd.jpg

lol at the zigzag right next to him on the couch.
Had a dream last night that Aldon sent out a tweet that simply said "IR" scared the crap out of me! Had to check twitter in the morning to make sure it was just a dream lol

There won't really be any numbers to show how he helps the defense.
Its kinda like the NT role in a 3-4... Their only responsibility is to swallow up as many blockers as possible and clog the lanes between the guards. If they do that effectively, then you'll see a high tackle # for your linebackers, not for the NT.

Aldon somewhat played the same role last year, he demanded extra attention from the line, and the pass-blocking FB/HB. Watching a lot of games he was definitely of interest to the opposing line/qb. I would take 1 player out of my line if that means the offense has to take out 2. You won't get many numerical stats from that.

and we have evidence of when they do run things to his side how they completely get shut down. the packers playoff game was probably one of the most amazing things ive seen from an olb. on one play he literally tossed someone into the running back and that tackled him before he could get started. he didn't tackle the guy he threw his own player into him which took him down

after that they abandoned his side completely. people abandon his side completely. and he always gets chipped no matter what. they are making sure he doesn't get any sort of anything.
Share 49ersWebzone