LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

1st time offense and rehab >>>> repeat offense + arguing thc threshold of test
https://twitter.com/edwerderespn/status/504685475131437056

Pretty much the complete opposite of going to rehab during the middle of the season. Could be setting up nicely for us.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Lol, Gordon thought he was getting off without a year suspension. Loser.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Lol, Gordon thought he was getting off without a year suspension. Loser.

I took him in the 9th round of my draft
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
https://twitter.com/edwerderespn/status/504685475131437056

Pretty much the complete opposite of going to rehab during the middle of the season. Could be setting up nicely for us.

Unlike Gordon, Aldon has actually acknowledged his issues, made an effort to get the help he needs, in the middle of an NFL season no less, and has since tried to maintain sobriety. If the NFL really wanted to make a statement, they'd use Aldon as an example that seeking help for your problems firsthand could be looked favorable in the league's POV.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

C'mon Man!!!!

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

C'mon Man!!!!

9th RD keeper for next year
I am just going to assume the worst and hope for the best. I figure this thing will end up in the middle somewhere.
0 games. I feel it in my footballs.

1 game sounds reasonable to me.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
This is not wishful thinking. I believe the Niners have been told that there will be no additional games lost due to the self imposed 5 games voluntarily lost. Goodall wants to announce it when the timing will cause the least backlash to the league. Probably waiting for a big enough story to break that will take attention away from his decision.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
There will never be an announcement. Goodell has decided not to punish Aldon, but he doesn't want the backlash, so he's just going to let it go away. Remember that Marshawn Lynch guy?

This may be the case.

I am sticking to 0 games.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Unlike Gordon, Aldon has actually acknowledged his issues, made an effort to get the help he needs, in the middle of an NFL season no less, and has since tried to maintain sobriety. If the NFL really wanted to make a statement, they'd use Aldon as an example that seeking help for your problems firsthand could be looked favorable in the league's POV.
Exactly this!!!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
he will be suspended 1 game and 1 game only

i guarantee it

OK so if you are wrong .......

I will accept a ban from the webzone for 5 minutes, after the 5 minutes is up I will return and say I was wrong
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Exactly this!!!

Yup. If they hammer him it's a clear message to the NFLPA that accepting responsibility and facing ones demons head on won't make a bit of difference.
Share 49ersWebzone