There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith Thread ***Drinkin with RayMac?***

Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
This s**t is taking forever!

Heard Maiocco on PFT earlier. Said a decision should be made any day now. Probably after Sunday's national televised game against the Chargers. NFL doesn't want the discussion to be all about Aldon during the game.

it will be all about aldon during the next game then

Yeah, but by then the story will be a week old, and the game won't be nationally televised.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Its not illegal to be drinking in the airport. They sell alcohol there.

And any arrest/incednt with the law is completely relevant. This is not a court of law. This falls under the personal conduct policy which is a assessment of how a player behaves outside of football.

I'm over it though.I just wanted to express my concern with the upcoming suspension. If its longer then people think it should be this is possibly a reason. Who knows?

I think by now we all know Aldon Smith has excellent lawyers and that the NFLPA has a lot of pull. There is NO way they let LAX factor in when the charges were dropped completely without a settlement or penalty whatsoever. All they really have on Aldon right now is the gun purchase that led to his illegal weapons possession charges reduced to misdemeanor. Sure they can throw the book at him but that was more of a mistake than a blatant attempt at possession with criminal intent. If Aldon knew this he wouldn't have allowed a search of his home until he had a chance to button those weapons or a search warrant was shown. It was a case of he should have known but didn't. Not IDGAF and Fu** the Police!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm thinking the delay is a good sign for a light penalty.

A light penalty for Aldon will be very unpopular outside the Bay Area IMO likely making the normal "bad news Friday" press release even worse in the NFL's view. So what could lessen the PR hit more than releasing the news on a Friday? . . . Answer: Releasing the news on a Friday before a three day weekend . . . next weekend.

Good point.

Everybody else is out on a witch hunt. They don't care what Aldon actually did, they just want the prettiest girl in town to get dragged through the mud so they can feel better about themselves. That is what this is about.

They are cross-eyed, cretinous, degenerates, and Goodell has to choose between popularity vs virtue. We'll see which path he chooses.
Day 4,723 and no decision yet.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I think by now we all know Aldon Smith has excellent lawyers and that the NFLPA has a lot of pull. There is NO way they let LAX factor in when the charges were dropped completely without a settlement or penalty whatsoever. All they really have on Aldon right now is the gun purchase that led to his illegal weapons possession charges reduced to misdemeanor. Sure they can throw the book at him but that was more of a mistake than a blatant attempt at possession with criminal intent. If Aldon knew this he wouldn't have allowed a search of his home until he had a chance to button those weapons or a search warrant was shown. It was a case of he should have known but didn't. Not IDGAF and Fu** the Police!

Do u think if Goodell gives him a 4 game suspension that he appeals it? Or what do u think he appeals to less games?
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Do u think if Goodell gives him a 4 game suspension that he appeals it? Or what do u think he appeals to less games?

If he gets four games off of this year, he's got to appeal. That adds up to nine games, if you factor in the five last year (like Rog promised he would). If it really is about changing the behavior, you can't throw the book at this kid.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

If he gets four games off of this year, he's got to appeal. That adds up to nine games, if you factor in the five last year (like Rog promised he would). If it really is about changing the behavior, you can't throw the book at this kid.

He should get 3 at most then. I would be more than fine with that, if the cap is 8 games.
[ Edited by niners94 on Aug 23, 2014 at 8:05 AM ]
Originally posted by niners94:

He should get 3 at most then. I would be more than fine with that, if the cap is 8 games.

He shouldnt get any game suspensions....Actually he should get credit for some games
Aldon should get a massive fine and a 1 game suspension making it 6 total games lost. The fine should be in the amount of the games he got paid for last season when at rehab. That would equate to a 6 game suspension.
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 23, 2014 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Aldon should get a massive fine and a 1 game suspension making it 6 total games lost. The fine should be in the amount of the games he got paid for last season when at rehab. That would equate to a 6 game suspension.

Sounds good to me. Anything more would be overboard for the summation of the NON VIOLENT misdemeanors Aldon has committed
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by niners94:

He shouldnt get any game suspensions....Actually he should get credit for some games

Add a few more sacks to his total
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Aug 23, 2014 at 9:41 AM ]
I wish Goodell would just make up his mind and make his announcement. The not knowing is killing me.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I wish Goodell would just make up his mind and make his announcement. The not knowing is killing me.

I guess the good thing is that all the reporters that proclaimed to know the sentence of 6-8 games two weeks ago, are full of s**t. If it was already decided by Goodell back then, then he would have announced that decision. The more carefully he can weigh the evidence, the better I see the decision for us.

That said, he may be waiting on some research into the Airport thing. If the NFL interviews the TSA and Airport Police and they say they smelled alcohol on Aldon's breath and Aldon told the commissioner he was sober, I could see that 5 game self-imposed rehab being all for not, which would assuredly raise the suspension time.
There's no way Goodell could punish him due to a few guys saying they thought they smelled alcohol on Aldon's breath. Didn't the authorities say afterwards that they didn't think alcohol was involved?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
There's no way Goodell could punish him due to a few guys saying they thought they smelled alcohol on Aldon's breath. Didn't the authorities say afterwards that they didn't think alcohol was involved?

Goodell has proven that he is harsher on guys that he feels are lying to him. He's not bound by reasonable doubt laws to come to his decision. That's why people have issue with his punishment. It usually varies wildly on a case by case basis. I'm sure they're doing their due diligence to corroborate Aldon's story to those at the airport. IIRC, the arresting officers noted that they smelled alcohol on his breath. If Goodell believes that to be the case, whether that belief is backed up by facts or not, it could affect his decision, especially if he feels Aldon hasn't been truthful.