There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith Thread ***Drinkin with RayMac?***

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saj4423:
Neither one of are are model citizens but don't you think firing a gun at his own party to break it up and drunk driving should be perceived to be public dangers?

One firing was directed at people, the other up in the air. I think that makes a big difference in my book.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Obviously it was another dumb move by Smith, however, it also shows the incredible lengths our government and law enforcement officials have gone through to overreact over the past 13 years. Another non-story and another show of stupidity on the part of Mr. Smith. SMH, at this entire situation.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob 3m **BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source:49ers are seriously contemplating releasing Aldon Smith after another off-field issue. No decision yet but talks

Another IncarceratedBob classic, he pulls something out of his ass, and whether it does or doesn't happen, he says "I brought it to you first."

He really went out on a limb there lol.

42 sacks in 43 games. He ain't getting released.

Not any different than desean and his potential gang ties, someone will sign Aldon if released
  • buck
  • Veteran
Again, I do not know the facts of this incident.

But, I have to believe that the conversations and agreements reached last year are going to be the defining factor in the team's reaction to this development.

If Jed York believes that Aldon Smith has not lived up to his end of the bargain, I believe that the 49ers will not consider him part of the team's long range plans.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He can buy Madden's old bus.

Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob 3m **BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source:49ers are seriously contemplating releasing Aldon Smith after another off-field issue. No decision yet but talks
Wow, what do you know, more nonsense from Incarcerated Bob.

"No decision yet", how convenient!

If Aldon doesn't get released, he can just say, "I didn't say he was going to get his released, just that they talked about it."
If he does get released, he'll point to his tweet and say, "SEE!!!!!!! I had inside evidence that this was going to happen."

Why do people continue to give Bob attention? He's a gimmick. Don't feed the trolls.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Apr 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM ]
If we release him we are dumb as s**t. He'll just get picked up immediately by another team and our pass rush would then blow. We should suspend him. What do you think the chances are we cut him? I really hope they're very slim
NO CHARGES CONFIRMED

19-0 here we come
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
NO CHARGES CONFIRMED

19-0 here we come

This. I found the same thing happened in the Conn. case, all charges were dismissed.
NO CHARGES CONFIRMED

19-0 here we come

Huh? All I'm seeing is Maiocco's tweet that there will be no charges filed today.
NO CHARGES CONFIRMED

19-0 here we come

?

I just saw that there were no charges TODAY. That's quite different.
I don't think he will be released, because I doubt the FO wants to set that precedent. If they did then they'd be asked by the media every time some idiot on the team gets arrested when he is going to be released and would have more PR issues.

I imagine he will be on the first flight back to SF after he gets out of jail and will have a car waiting to take him to the team HQ for a serious dressing down. Get Tomsula to go after him, then Smith, Willis, Vernon, and finish up with Harbaugh. Should set him straight, or at least embarrass him enough to make him use his (clearly minimal) common sense.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
If we release him we are dumb as s**t. He'll just get picked up immediately by another team and our pass rush would then blow. We should suspend him. What do you think the chances are we cut him? I really hope they're very slim

I think that he will play out his rookie contract without adding the 5th year.

I agree that chances he gets cut now are slim, but it is really going to depend on Jed York.

And there is a good chance that Jed York is not happy with Aldon Smith.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

I think that he will play out his rookie contract without adding the 5th year.

I agree that chances he gets cut now are slim, but it is really going to depend on Jed York.

And there is a good chance that Jed York is not happy with Aldon Smith.

I doubt it. I think they'll wait till last possible second and then add the 5th year.
?

I just saw that there were no charges TODAY. That's quite different.

I looked up a very similar case in Conn., that guy ended up seeing all charges dropped after his second court appearance.